• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The survivors are saying that he walked in, shot into the ceiling, and then throw a "gas cannister". They were able to touch him.

No one knocked him down. No one even tripped him. He roamed and slaughtered at will. Very, very sad.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Get a knife into his neck or groin like I've been trained to do . . . with luck.

The notion of returning fire is a little silly but no one fought back is disheartening.

The world is full of sheep. Nothing surprising about the reaction. If you have NO training or have never given any thought to personal safety, what do you expect them to do in this situation. It is pure chaos. You have seen what a large, confined, crowd will do if just a little squirt of pepper spray is deployed? I've seen it on videos. They look like scared cattle, trampling each other. How about the 10 shot at IBE 2 years ago? It was outdoors and still so many people were running/screaming everywhere that it made dealing with it VERY difficult, even for us that are trained in large crowd dynamics. I am not sure I would have been able to fight back if me any my family were there. Getting family out is first priority and if I get lucky, deal with perp. Most people have not been in the middle of such a violent/dynamic situation and do not realize how difficult it is to fight back, even for the most highly trained. That is why I will not look down at the movie goers' actions. They do have my sympathy.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The survivors are saying that he walked in, shot into the ceiling, and then throw a "gas cannister". They were able to touch him.

No one knocked him down. No one even tripped him. He roamed and slaughtered at will. Very, very sad.

Maybe they dont have your training and the room could have been full of teens and not ex-NAVY seals.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    There is now a private detective who is linking this guy to the OCCUPY movement. Not sure that there is any more evidence to this linking than Brian Ross of ABC News used to link him to the Tea Party, but here is a link => UPDATE Occupy Black Bloc Member James E. Holmes Shoots Up Aurora Co Movie Theater Killing 12 And Wounding 50. « Cheaters PI Bill Warner Call 941-926-1926

Shooter appears to be a registered DEMOCRAT. Not sure if that means anything. But Breitbart news has linked a 25 year old man in Aurora to voting registration records with that name. They further linked him to San Diego, CA. That is an important link because the shooter's mother currently lives in San Diego. Various news reports indicate that the shooter was 24 years old. Exclusive: Contra ABC News, Dark Knight Aurora, CO Shooting Suspect James Holmes Could Be Registered Democrat

It should also be noted that ABC News is linking the shooter to the TEA PARTY, but that link seems to be a wild stretch as the man, tied to the TEA PARTY, with that name appears to be in his mid-50's.
    Aurora Shooting: ABC's Brian Ross Incorrectly Suggests Tea Party Link (VIDEO)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    This is why I feel more people should carry firearms. More people should exercise their rights and carry a weapon not only for their protection, but for the protection of others. I feel sad for the families of the effected, but out of over 60 people, if just one person was carrying a firearm, this man may have been stopped before any real damage could have been done..
    ]
    I don't want just, "more people carrying firearms." Giving a sheep a pistol does not make them or I any safer...maybe less so. Get a sheep to become a sheepdog and they are never unarmed...pistol or not. I do not subscribe to the notion that more guns make us safer. More sheepdogs make us safer, firearms are just one of many tools.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Here's a post made on FB by a co-worker.

I'm done. The 2nd amendment to the constitution is wrong. It was meant for a time when government could be stopped by an armed populace. Modern weaponry has rendered that moot. The concept of a population that is made safer by having everyone armed vs. a population where no one is armed is no longer a choice. Twenty well-armed Seals or Rangers could wipe out any resistance mounted by an armed militia. The only purpose that modern weapons in the hands of civilians serves is to offer them the illusion of security. Something that DOES NOT EXIST.

When the 2nd Amendment was written it was put in place not to ensure that people could have weapons but to ensure that the people could overthrow their government anytime they wanted. It was in place to ensure that the people could be called up into a defense force so that the Federal Government would not have to keep a standing army. Appropriations for our armed forces cannot be longer than TWO YEARS by law. This no longer matters. There's no chance we'll ever stand down our armed forces. Ever. So a militia is not needed. Thus guns in the hands of the populace are not needed.

The 2nd Amendment fulfilled its purpose and has outlived its purpose. It's time we realized that arming ourselves is NOT the answer. Living in a society where people can be armed is NOT the answer. Having guns should be the extreme exception to the rule. Not something you can get at WalMart. The NRA lies to us. We are not safer because of guns. We are at risk. It's time we grew out of this 18th century guide and started to live in the 21st.

...and so it begins.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    ...another co-worker post.

Will this latest tragedy cause us to consider sensible gun laws? Of course not. Americans are the most determinedly stupid people on the face of the earth.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    There is now a private detective who is linking this guy to the OCCUPY movement. Not sure that there is any more evidence to this linking than Brian Ross of ABC News used to link him to the Tea Party, but here is a link => UPDATE Occupy Black Bloc Member James E. Holmes Shoots Up Aurora Co Movie Theater Killing 12 And Wounding 50. « Cheaters PI Bill Warner Call 941-926-1926

Shooter appears to be a registered DEMOCRAT. Not sure if that means anything. But Breitbart news has linked a 25 year old man in Aurora to voting registration records with that name. They further linked him to San Diego, CA. That is an important link because the shooter's mother currently lives in San Diego. Various news reports indicate that the shooter was 24 years old. Exclusive: Contra ABC News, Dark Knight Aurora, CO Shooting Suspect James Holmes Could Be Registered Democrat

It should also be noted that ABC News is linking the shooter to the TEA PARTY, but that link seems to be a wild stretch as the man, tied to the TEA PARTY, with that name appears to be in his mid-50's.
    Aurora Shooting: ABC's Brian Ross Incorrectly Suggests Tea Party Link (VIDEO)

It's a bit early for ANY of that BUT Black Block and Tea Party are not even in the same realm of thought. Black Block are some of the worst/most destructive protesters...anarchists.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It was meant for a time when government could be stopped by an armed populace.

How's the government of Syria doing right now? Back on top of that little fracas they got going on there?:D

Twenty well-armed Seals or Rangers could wipe out any resistance mounted by an armed militia.

Like Mogadishu?

Living in a society where people can be armed is NOT the answer.

Like at a Simon Mall property?

Top Bottom