• ...and so much more!
  • VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    No one cares.

You know, I'd be inclined to disagree. Maybe it's a hint of rare optimism but I think that people would like to be reminded that the world isn't a completely horrible ****ing place every now and again.

Unfortunately, that doesn't sell ad space, which is the only reason the media exists to begin with.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    This was a crime that no one should ever be exposed to.

To many crazy, loose nut jobs walking amongst the normal folk.
    Kudos to the police, facing death, getting it stopped like they did.
    No one would expect something as horrific as this happening.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The liberals will start screaming for gun control again now.
    In all fairness to history, Liberals do not require actual events to start screaming for gun control.

"The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 2.3% today on less than expected growth numbers." "More gun control!"

"The Morgan County Blueberry festival kicked off today." "More gun control!"

"Today, absolutely nothing newsworthy happened whatsoever, here's a penguin eating a fish." "More gun control!"

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    July 20, 2012: Police use a video camera to look inside an apartment where the suspect in a shooting at a movie theatre lived in Aurora, Colo., Friday. As many as 12 people were killed and 50 injured at a shooting at the Century 16 movie theatre early Friday during the showing of the latest Batman movie.

Read more: Gunman kills at least 12 after opening fire at Colorado 'Batman' opening | Fox News

Colorado%20Shooting7.jpg

Not that I care... but I'm just wondering the legality of this photo and explanation? Obviously they will be getting a warrant for this guys apartment anyway (I'm sure by now they have one).... Do you think this is a precautionary step to avoid walking into a boobie trapped apartment or are they circumventing not having a warrant?

Just wondering if this is protocol....

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Read more: Gunman kills at least 12 after opening fire at Colorado 'Batman' opening | Fox News

Colorado%20Shooting7.jpg

Not that I care... but I'm just wondering the legality of this photo and explanation? Obviously they will be getting a warrant for this guys apartment anyway (I'm sure by now they have one).... Do you think this is a precautionary step to avoid walking into a boobie trapped apartment or are they circumventing not having a warrant?

The news has been saying that he 'mentioned' explosives in his apartment and the bomb squad on scene can't determine if it is safe so they are going in this way to deminish the possibilities of boobietraps.

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Do you think this is a precautionary step to avoid walking into a boobie trapped apartment or are they circumventing not having a warrant?

I would call that a search, even if they're using a camera. Who needs a warrant these days, anyway? Hopefully they got the right house this time...

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I wonder if anyone was pirating the movie with their own video cameras and happened to capture it on film, not that they would release it if the LEOs have it but maybe on youtube if it wasn't confiscated?

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I wonder if anyone was pirating the movie with their own video cameras and happened to capture it on film, not that they would release it if the LEOs have it but maybe on youtube if it wasn't confiscated?

Not sure that I would want to see a video if one was made of the attack; actually I know I wouldn't.
    Of course it could help the police but if one was made and if it ended on the internet that's what this guy would have wanted. :noway:

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    July 20, 2012: Police use a video camera to look inside an apartment where the suspect in a shooting at a movie theatre lived in Aurora, Colo., Friday. As many as 12 people were killed and 50 injured at a shooting at the Century 16 movie theatre early Friday during the showing of the latest Batman movie.

Colorado%20Shooting7.jpg

Supposedly, the guy informed the police that there were explosives at his apartment. That gives the police probable cause to evacuate the area and go in and secure any materials are there.

If I was gonna rig an apartment with booby traps, first place to find them would be the front door. I don't blame em for going in a window.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Not sure that I would want to see a video if one was made of the attack; actually I know I wouldn't.
    Of course it could help the police but if one was made and if it ended on the internet that's what this guy would have wanted. :noway:

Perhaps it can be used to study the tactics used and help educate people on how to defend themselves in an attack like this. I couldn't care less what this guy wants, I want to be able to protect my family better and information is power.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I would call that a search, even if they're using a camera. Who needs a warrant these days, anyway? Hopefully they got the right house this time...

Police can enter a premises if they have probable cause to believe there is a situation endangering life. The suspect saying he has explosives in his apartment constitutes such probable cause, I would think.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Perhaps it can be used to study the tactics used and help educate people on how to defend themselves in an attack like this. I couldn't care less what this guy wants, I want to be able to protect my family better and information is power.

Well im not sure that the families of the victims would like the video out, if one was made.
    A video would just help some sick copycat wannabe in my opinion.

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Agreed. It would certainly be hard to come up with a plan of action for an attack like this though. My plan of action would problably begin with "Dear God......"

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Police can enter a premises if they have probable cause to believe there is a situation endangering life. The suspect saying he has explosives in his apartment constitutes such probable cause, I would think.

This is correct. They also evacuated all of the neighbors.

ETA: They would want a warrant anyway to be able to process and use evidence obtained in court. They could breach the apartment based on PC of criminal activity/immediate harm but IMO should have the additional benefit of a legitimate warrant to help prosecute this bastard and not let him off on a technicality.

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana

I understand that. The question I replied to was implying that using cameras would bypass a search warrant.

Top Bottom