• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    sheesh... the air in Colorado must be thinner than I thought...

EDIT: I just read her first experience was not in Colorado...

But talk about Final Destination. So sad. Its almost impossible that someone experience that twice, in such a short amount of time. And in two completely different areas.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'll agree that there is no way to know if an armed citizen (or 10) would have stopped or slowed this guy. However, we DO know what happened when there ISN'T anyone to make a stand. More than a dozen dead, more than 50 more wounded, and maybe 100+ rounds fired over the course of several minutes (and several mag changes). While the police response was REALLY good (5 minutes or so), that is a LONG time to sit and pray you are spared.

This guy simply wanted to kill a lot of people. He expected no resistance, and got exactly that. Did his deed, walked out to the parking lot, and was taken into custody. Proof positive that our current laws, law enforcement, and social norms make us all easy targets.

He prepared for resistance...hence the body armor, helmet, and CS gas. Those are unneeded if you truly expect no resistance. He gave no resistance to the police so those items were not intended for them.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    When I turned on the TV this morning, the first image on the screen was a helicopter shot of the theater, and the area. I've only been to the Greenwood mall theater once, and I thought thats where this was. The layout of the roads and parking lots were very similar.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    did yall notice where his car was parked? Right up front at a premier...how many hours had he been there?

Probably just minutes. Someone here in this topic gave an idea that he was in the theater, left through the back door to prop it open, and get his stuff. He probably went and got his car.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Brian Ross was also saying that there was a James Holmes from Aurora that joined the Tea Party, so he's really trolling for a connection.
    Exactly. They want it to be the case so badly that they're probably salivating.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012

So lets get this straight... the villain in the movie portrays OWS in a bad light so an activist of OWS felt misrepresented and his solution was to burst into a random movie theater wearing a gas mask and carrying a couple of firearms kills 12 and injures 38?

Well done sir... you've made Heath Ledger proud
    joker-clap.gif

Where do people come up with this ****?

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Listening to NPR national on the radio they quoted a guy from Zionsville IN that stated it it pointless to keep on reporting on all these shooter stories until we get some sensible gun control passed in congress. He went on to correct the report earlier that the guy had a rifle...he said it wasn't a rifle it was an assault rifle! I'm no detective but I'll just assume the guy from Zionsville isn't a member of INGO.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Listening to NPR national on the radio they quoted a guy from Zionsville IN that stated it it pointless to keep on reporting on all these shooter stories until we get some sensible gun control passed in congress. He went on to correct the report earlier that the guy had a rifle...he said it wasn't a rifle it was an assault rifle! I'm no detective but I'll just assume the guy from Zionsville isn't a member of INGO.

Maybe he's one of those INGO members that also use assault clips in their assault rifles. :dunno:

Top Bottom