• Status
    Not open for further replies.

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    Add Mossberg 500 12 gauge that I just got to the list. I have never been to the range and was wondering what kind of facilities they have if any. Water, bathrooms, shade so I don't look like this :xmad: again.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Johncarbaugh, There isn't any water (bring your own), yes, there is shade (bring chair(s) ), outside restrooms (bring wipes and TP), and lots of ammo. Check the first page to see who is bringing what pistols, rifles, and shootguns so you can shoot what you like. Good time had by all who attend.

Trooper Lefty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    1st stoplight east of Valpo
    I almost forgot; move me from 'maybe' to the 'will be there provided I don't get lost' list. I plan on bringing:

Makarov 9x18 mm
    Beretta 92F 9mm
    S&W 10-5 .38 special
    Yugo M59/66 SKS 7.62x39 mm
    AR-15 5.56mm
    Moisin Nagant M38 7.62x54R mm
    Savage Mark II .22lr

If there's interest, I can also bring the Ruger Vaquero in .45LC and the Marlin lever action also in .45LC.

I've not had a chance to fire the AR since I built it, nor the M38 since I picked it up, so this should be fun. I plan on bringing at least 100 rounds for each, probably more. I also plan on swinging by the Crown Point show for more ammo on Saturday morning; I really want to try one of the 1911s and plan on picking up a box of .45 ACP FMJ. Is there a brand of ammo I should avoid ( that you guys don't want to be fired in their .45s) ?

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I would point out the 25 is right next to the 50 for those shooting centerfire rifle...what fun is it shooting them at 25 yards? For an added challenge try 100 or 200 yards! I know I would enjoy coming more if we could stick to handguns and 22's on the 25.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I really want to try one of the 1911s and plan on picking up a box of .45 ACP FMJ. Is there a brand of ammo I should avoid ( that you guys don't want to be fired in their .45s) ?

Any .45 is OK with me for my 1911 (AKA Betty). She had wolf and rem for the most part but I tend to "overclean" her anyways after I shoot her. So any ammo is OK with me.

Trooper Lefty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    1st stoplight east of Valpo
    I would point out the 25 is right next to the 50 for those shooting centerfire rifle...what fun is it shooting them at 25 yards? For an added challenge try 100 or 200 yards! I know I would enjoy coming more if we could stick to handguns and 22's on the 25.

Not having been to the range before, is it that far a walk to the longer ranges? I need to sight in the AR's red dot and I'd like to do it on the 100 yarder.

Thanks, Jediagh; I was thinking Wolf but wanted to ask beforehand just to be on the safe side.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not having been to the range before, is it that far a walk to the longer ranges? I need to sight in the AR's red dot and I'd like to do it on the 100 yarder.

Thanks, Jediagh; I was thinking Wolf but wanted to ask beforehand just to be on the safe side.

The ranges are very close to each other. You have from left to right

100' (4 benches I think), 200 yrds (1 bench), 50 yards 8 benches, 25 yards.

It probably takes a whole 3 mins to walk from the 25 yard bench to the 100 yard bench carrying your gear with you.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    only takes about 20 seconds to walk to the fifty...lol...

win3.jpg

gregtheplumber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    valparaiso
    ill be there plus one.....showed up last time didnt really know anyone so just grabbed my stuff and went to the 50 yard and shot....i have trouble just goin up and talkin to people i dont know but met 2cool9031 so ill at least know one person...lol

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks again. I'm also planning on bringing the staple gun, plenty of staples and targets. Anything I'm forgetting (besides water and a chair) ?

Off the top of my head this is what I bring.
    - Guns
    - Ammo
    - Paper targets (ONLY paper allowed)
    - Stape Gun
    - Box of staples
    - eye protection
    - heairng protection
    - hand sanitizer
    - baby wipes/toliet paper
    - roll of paper towels
    - snacks (cookies, chips, etc...)
    - water

someone please birng a camera to upload more pics for those that can' make it. & perhaps we can upload pics of the range so that others have an idea of what it looks like.

Buba are you going to bring the name tags again? That was a good idea last time.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Gregtheplumber, I was new at the last meet and shoot also and in the beginning didn't know anyone and started to match names and faces I heard, great people, not strangers but new friends you have yet to meet. Watch for 9mmJV, he will be the one with a permanent smile and shooting everything he can get his hands on. See, I didn't say Juan.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I would be there but I am 6000 miles away at the moment...:patriot:
    We'll make sure to shoot a few for you. Thanks for doing what you do, so we can have fun doing what we do! :patriot:

And yep, Jediagh, we'll have name tags again.
    We're not trying to label anyone or anything, but it's nice to know who is with INGO, and it's helpful to put screen names to faces. (Also good for knowing whose gun it is you're asking to shoot!) :D

We'll have a camera with us, too. We should have lots of pictures this time! And I think Bubba's brother is coming with us, too.

And I think Jediagh's list of what to bring is pretty good! We also have permanent markers in our range bag - good for marking on targets and labeling mags that may be causing problems, etc. Sunscreen might be helpful for some - if we have enough people, we all won't fit under the shade!

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    ill be there plus one.....showed up last time didnt really know anyone so just grabbed my stuff and went to the 50 yard and shot....i have trouble just goin up and talkin to people i dont know but met 2cool9031 so ill at least know one person...lol

It's all good, greg. I totally understand where you're coming from on that one. No worries, though. We're all going to have fun and shoot, so come join right in!

I wonder if the DNR would let me get away with bringing a little card table to set stuff on? Like the name tags, etc - a stealthy INGO sign in without being "official?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom