• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    That serves no point sir. The sign may simply placate their insurance people and the manager may not share their view whatsoever.

Opening a dialogue with the guy behind the counter would make better sense. Find out his personal stance and get decide if you want to continue to support a large chain that is only concerned with its bottom line. Myself I'd rather help the local mom and pop put their kids through school.

Foods better anyway
    It serves the point of legally carrying your gun without being hassled. Whether I OC or CC I prefer that in my day to day life.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Seems to me, if they don't want my gun there, then they don't want my blood.
    And, the Illinois code listed, implies that it is illegal, which it is not.
    I already have to jump through their hoops with 100 questions on my health/history/lifestyle.
    I have carried there for 20 years.
    NOW the have a problem?
    It was just a suggestion. You all may not agree with it, but it IS a viable option.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I OCd into PJ's in Brownsburg a few days ago with no problems. I didn't see a sign but when I do I just ignore them anyway. It's my way of testing the water. I just march right in and I've never been asked to leave anywhere yet. Premier Arms has a "No Loaded Guns" sign and I went in there to get a tube of Flitz the other day. I walked right in and nobody said a word. I think the majority of these "No Guns" signs are there to pacify insurance companies. I'd rather take chances with being asked to leave rather than take chances with my life.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I think the majority of these "No Guns" signs are there to pacify insurance companies.

I hear that a lot but I've never had anyone be able to prove that. I think "the insurance company" is a scapegoat for a business owner that doesn't want to deal with the problem that he created.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    I hear that a lot but I've never had anyone be able to prove that. I think "the insurance company" is a scapegoat for a business owner that doesn't want to deal with the problem that he created.

My wife works in commercial insurance. I asked her about this and she couldn't recall any of the underwriters her company works with having any kind of anti gun provision.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Does'nt seem likely that a business owner could be held civilly liable for allowing patrons to carry on their premises. Anything is possible though.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I used to be in the insurance business. I can't recall ever seeing an insurance policy provision stating a business would face higher premiums for allowing firearms on the premises.

This line of BS is exactly that - BS. The proprietor doesn't want to allow guns, but still wants your business, so he lies to you and throws the insurance company under the bus when they had nothing to do with it, hoping you'll be fooled.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    Like others have said, their pizza sucks anyway. If I'm gonna eat cardboard with crappy cheese and sauce out of a can I'll just get $5 hot and ready from little ceasers.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Please DON'T show your appreciation by cramming in there with a dozen friends carrying rifles.

Lets just be happy that our voices were heard and the owner saw the err of his ways. He obviously realized that his sign does not keep anyone safe and it only drives off business.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    This is my local PJ's and I order from there monthly. Always delivery though. (Tagged) If the sign reappears, I will send them receipts from every other pizza place I go to.

Top Bottom