• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    ... we must support their right to post the sign in the first place. Else, we are fighting the same battle as anti gunners...
    I would support their right to post signs, but I don't support an anti-Constitutional sign, sorry.

And goodcat, we ARE "fighting the same battle as the anti[-]gunners", just on the other side.

Though I primarily CC, I'm a JFC guy. So, while I personally might think to just CC and go to Papa John's anyway, IF I believe others actually DO have the right to OC even if I don't usually do so, I support their right to OC, as it's within the bounds of law.

So, I support boycotting ALL Papa John's as long as the one in Zionsville maintains that policy.

Easy for me since we have 8 - 10 pizza joints less than 5 miles from my home, and Papa John's is the least popular around, BECAUSE their pizza sucks!

Personally, I also don't give business to any pizza joint that 'prohibits' their drivers from legally carrying while out making deliveries. In NWI, we've had several 'pizza dudes' robbed, and a couple shot, just to do their job. I'm sure NOT supporting that.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I would support their right to post signs, but I don't support an anti-Constitutional sign, sorry.

And goodcat, we ARE "fighting the same battle as the anti[-]gunners", just on the other side.

Though I primarily CC, I'm a JFC guy. So, while I personally might think to just CC and go to Papa John's anyway, IF I believe others actually DO have the right to OC even if I do not, I support their right to do so, as it's within the bounds of law.

So, I support boycotting ALL Papa John's as long as the one in Zionsville maintains that policy.

Easy for me since we have 8 - 10 pizza joints less than 5 miles from my home, and Papa John's is dead last in popularity around here, BECAUSE their pizza sucks!

'Personally, I also don't give business to any pizza joint that 'prohibits' their drivers from legally carrying while out making deliveries. In NWI, we've had several 'pizza dudes' robbed, and a couple shot, just to do their job. I'm sure NOT supporting that.

Can't even imagine being a driver in some of these places, much less unarmed.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I'm still debating what I want to do about this sign I saw last week when I went to donate blood.
    20140428_145950_zps8a13f879.jpg

It was at the American Red Cross center at I-65 and US-30. (Indiana)
    The code mentioned bottom right, is Illinois code, has to do with their new laws.

While I know Illinois law doesn't apply to Indiana, I still feel like I've been slapped.
    20 years of donating blood, and apparently they don't need mine anymore??????

I can't tell what weapon is pictured here. Property owners must be Glock owners.

JRPLANE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Hagerstown, Indiana
    Get everyone you know to stop by and walk in the store and tell them "I will never spend a dime here until the sign is down" Bottom line is profit. I bet 30-40 people stopping in asking for the manager will change the sign situation.

If we had the phone number, some might just call and ask for the manager.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I am not in favor of these signs, etc, but exactly how is this anti-Constitutional? Last time I checked, this was not being enforced by the Govt. It is a private business which can choose to do this, and we can choose to vote with our $.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Papa John is a good guy from what I've read about him, especially after Obama was re-elected. I love their pizza.

A family member was involved in some of the first Papa Johns commercial featuring some guy wearing a jersey with the number 18 on it. She said PJ was a total tool looking down on the production crews with the same look that most people give cockroaches. The guy with the number 18 on the other hand acted like everyone in the operation was an old friend he had known for years!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    As someone who's life has been saved several times by blood donors, I would ask you please think about the positive your doing by donating. I used to donate semi-regularly, till I discovered I didn't have much to spare.

Maybe you should call them up and ask them to quit turning away donors.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    A family member was involved in some of the first Papa Johns commercial featuring some guy wearing a jersey with the number 18 on it. She said PJ was a total tool looking down on the production crews with the same look that most people give cockroaches. The guy with the number 18 on the other hand acted like everyone in the operation was an old friend he had known for years!

I haven't seen him in probably 20 years, but John Schnatter used to be a really nice guy, his wife Anneta (spelling?) was very nice as well. He'd give people he knew stacks of "Free pizza" coupons all the time.

Wasn't there a Papa Johns driver that some knuckleheads tried to rob a couple months ago? He stopped at the wrong house 2 doors down and they ran down on him. He then ran to his car and grabbed his pistol before they got to him. Was off English Ave if I remember right.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    'Papa John' makes no apology for wealth, Obamacare remarks

good article. Sounds like he is passionate for perfection. Manning was relaxed and getting paid for his time. John was paying tons for the TV commercial, I suspect my demeanor may be different than an NFL star under those conditions too. Especially if the crew wasn't up to his standards. :)

:yesway:......Yup........dude does NOT tol'rate negtivity,of any shape/form....at ALL......

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I haven't seen him in probably 20 years, but John Schnatter used to be a really nice guy, his wife Anneta (spelling?) was very nice as well. He'd give people he knew stacks of "Free pizza" coupons all the time.

Wasn't there a Papa Johns driver that some knuckleheads tried to rob a couple months ago? He stopped at the wrong house 2 doors down and they ran down on him. He then ran to his car and grabbed his pistol before they got to him. Was off English Ave if I remember right.

'Annette'.......an' yeah on'a nice part.....

Far's pizza's.......I've had my share of'em......an' never cost me a dime.....:yesway:.......they'd bring in 3-4 dozen(or more....)@ lunch-break 'bout ever 3 weeks, while house construction go'n on.....d'pend'n on how many people work'n at a give'n time.....'bout 35-40 carpenters inside/outside......an' at's jus' the carpenters....:yesway:

It'a place ta see.....inside.....AND outside......:yesway:

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Or you can conceal it and keep your mouth shut.

That serves no point sir. The sign may simply placate their insurance people and the manager may not share their view whatsoever.

Opening a dialogue with the guy behind the counter would make better sense. Find out his personal stance and get decide if you want to continue to support a large chain that is only concerned with its bottom line. Myself I'd rather help the local mom and pop put their kids through school.

Foods better anyway

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Top Bottom