• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I.......person'ly.......ain' never had a pro'lem......done work for'im for yrs , through 'nuther contractor.....personal res'dence.....corporate, etc.....
    CAN tell ya this.......they QC's second ta none.........I've seen it.......an' I've seen him, personly, chek it.......:yesway:

You'll hear the 1's 'at b*tch an' moan 'bout whut he's worth.....:dunno:.......mehhh......nobody gave 'im this shizz.....none of it......start'd in'a broom closet in his Dad's bar.......prolly less than a 4X5 ft space......:yesway:

Oh.....an' pizza.......ain' all the dude's got go'n on,neither........:):

:lmfao:

It's a foreign language, and only he speaks it.

Foreign language indeed. Please. Allow me to translate. I speak fluent HR50-eze since I've discovered that he's really Gobber from How to Train Your

Dragon.
    unbranded-how-to-train-your-dragon--gobber-figure.jpg

Here's the translation:

Personally, I've never had a problem. I've done work for him for years, albeit through another contractor: personal residence, corporate, etc.

I can tell you this, their quality control is second to none. I've seen it. And, I've seen him, personally, check it.

You'll hear the ones that ***** and moan about his personal wealth. Meh. No one gave him any of his wealth. He started in a broom closet in his Dad's bar, probably less than a 4 by 5 ft space.

Oh, and the pizza isn't all the man has going for him, either.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Absolutely agreed. To those who disagree, why the hell would you want to leave a bad impression of gun owners? This would be obviously intentional. Furthermore, we must support their right to post the sign in the first place. Else, we are fighting the same battle as anti gunners. I support the right to post no guns signs. I'll bring my business elsewhere and make my word heard, but would NEVER derail them for posting it.

This. They have the right to post it; we have the right not to patronize. But just to screw with them because you don't like their policy does not help the cause in any way.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm still debating what I want to do about this sign I saw last week when I went to donate blood.
    20140428_145950_zps8a13f879.jpg

It was at the American Red Cross center at I-65 and US-30. (Indiana)
    The code mentioned bottom right, is Illinois code, has to do with their new laws.

While I know Illinois law doesn't apply to Indiana, I still feel like I've been slapped.
    20 years of donating blood, and apparently they don't need mine anymore??????

I went last week to a mobile center in Monticello, I was OC and didn't see any signs nor was there any mention of it. Could be someone local took it on themselves. I'd say contact the center and ask, and then work your way up. Red Cross isn't the only one that does blood donations.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Here in Illinois where the CCW law is new there have been a lot of places that have posted and then removed the posting. The two approaches that seem to work best have been "NO GUNS NO MONEY" cards that include reciepts from another similar business. The other is having a face to face talk with the owner/manager explaining about criminals not obeying signs. Of course here in Illinois the proper sign does carry the weight of law. Jim.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    I'm still debating what I want to do about this sign I saw last week when I went to donate blood.
    20140428_145950_zps8a13f879.jpg

It was at the American Red Cross center at I-65 and US-30. (Indiana)
    The code mentioned bottom right, is Illinois code, has to do with their new laws.

While I know Illinois law doesn't apply to Indiana, I still feel like I've been slapped.
    Hmmm. That sign looks like it's saying "No Berettas" so I think any other gun would be fine.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

As someone who's life has been saved several times by blood donors, I would ask you please think about the positive your doing by donating. I used to donate semi-regularly, till I discovered I didn't have much to spare.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hmmm. That sign looks like it's saying "No Berettas" so I think any other gun would be fine.

Well, since they used a made-up "pursuant to" statute, I suggest making up your own sign to wear around your neck as you enter. "Pursuant to TK421, My sign trumps your sign, so I can carry in here. Neener neener!"

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Absolutely agreed. To those who disagree, why the hell would you want to leave a bad impression of gun owners? This would be obviously intentional. Furthermore, we must support their right to post the sign in the first place. Else, we are fighting the same battle as anti gunners. I support the right to post no guns signs. I'll bring my business elsewhere and make my word heard, but would NEVER derail them for posting it.

Well said. I may disagree with what someone says, but I will defend their right to say it.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The pizza business is fiercely competitive. Let them know (respectfully) that you'll not be back until a change is made and you might be surprised.

There are MANY alternatives to PJ's.

(Or not if the owner is more interested in ideology than business.)

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Well, since they used a made-up "pursuant to" statute, I suggest making up your own sign to wear around your neck as you enter. "Pursuant to TK421, My sign trumps your sign, so I can carry in here. Neener neener!"
    Or you can conceal it and keep your mouth shut.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Not to be a pizza snob, but many BETTER alternatives to PJ's.
    Everyone keeps saying this without offering any specific alternatives. Personally, I can't think of one chain pizza restaurant better than Papa John's. There are plenty of local places that are better but Pizza Hut, Dominos, Little Caesars, Donatos, etc. are all inferior to Papa John's IMHO.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Everyone keeps saying this without offering any specific alternatives. Personally, I can't think of one chain pizza restaurant better than Papa John's. There are plenty of local places that are better but Pizza Hut, Dominos, Little Caesars, Donatos, etc. are all inferior to Papa John's IMRO.

FIFY.

:p

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Not to be a pizza snob, but many BETTER alternatives to PJ's.

That is a fact! My wife and I eat at the Aurelio's in Munster often. Their pizza is great, PJ's can't even hold a candle to Aurelio's. I OC, and have never had any comments at all there, not from the staff, not even from other customers.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    "ridiculous"

I actually like Papa Johns, but I certainly prefer Donato's, Fox's, Hot Box, Pizza King, Chicago's, and even Pizza Hut.

Hell, even Papa Murphy's take 'n bake is better.
    No way man. All of those pizzas are trash in comparison to Papa John's. But that's the great thing about pizza. People have different things they like about them. And in America you're allowed to have a wrong opinion :): so keep your chin up Chez!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Or you can conceal it and keep your mouth shut.
    Seems to me, if they don't want my gun there, then they don't want my blood.
    And, the Illinois code listed, implies that it is illegal, which it is not.
    I already have to jump through their hoops with 100 questions on my health/history/lifestyle.
    I have carried there for 20 years.
    NOW the have a problem?

Top Bottom