• ...and so much more!
  • dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    The thing is ...when you put $$$ O.B.O. your gonna get "lowball offers"

If you want $$$ for it ask that ..if you say your open to offers some jackwagon is gonna try to offer you next to nothing for it ....if your skin is not thick enuff to handle it don't let yourself be open to it .

if I sell in the classified and i put $$$ O.B.O. and somebody offers me nothing for it ...I either tell them no but thanks for the offer or I ignore them ....no harm no foul ...

If you "DONT HAVE TIME FOR LOWBALL OFFERS " then you dont have time to sell it ..

put what ya want for it and let people know this is a firm price
    if its to high you keep it if not you sell it ...
    :ingo::rockwoot::rolleyes:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    yep and a risk is what you take for sure. i cant begin to describe all of the freelance dumb ass gunsmith work ive seen done on guns that I have bought, and even some off here. you just never know. I advise people to look alittle closer the next time you do a FTF. Its the one shot you have before you hand over your money, make it count. some people will hide anything they can to pass it to the next guy! thats why if your buying, look at the guys seller rep, or try to.

Yeah, and what you're talking about is exactly why I don't add any value to guns when I see they've been glass bedded, muzzle recrowned, this polished or that done by a "qualified gunsmith". It's got to be a heck of a deal for me to look at those with even the slightest intention of purchasing.

What floors me is all the custom paint jobs these days. I get it and some of them do look cool, but that makes that gun your own for life as far as I'm concerned. The idea that someone else is going to like the exact gun with the exact scope, and the exact goof ball/mall ninja/tacticool paint job is pretty slim especially when asking full price. Oh but wait, for you... today... I'll make a deal and throw in some brown bear 308 ammo into the overpriced package. LOL. Like I said, some times I just find what's in the classifides just makes me laugh.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    lets call them what they really are CHEAP BASTARD offers. none of this motivated seller BS, if they were motivated they would price it lower from the get go.

I don't know if that's entirely true. I sold a couple guns in the peddlers post long before I ever joined INGO and it never seemed to fail that when someone called they always wanted $25 or $50 off the price. I think most people here take some of that into account and price their guns accordingly. If it's been a couple weeks and hasn't sold, a low offer isn't a cheap offer. It's probably more accurate because we all know the good deals get snatched up very quickly on this board. If it's still listed after a week and a half, there's a reason why.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    as i get older, i seem to be getting more and more libertarian.

Here is the deal folks. It is none of your business what someone else is selling their gun for. Likewise, it is none of your business if they only want to buy a brand new glock for $200. Just say no and be on your way. So many of our problems are self inflicted by bellyaching about stuff that is none of our business.

YOU are the only person you can change, so quit complaining that everyone else isn't doing exactly what you think they should. This is the same mindset people use to justify the nanny state. "I know better how you should live your life than you do, so i am going to try to force you to do what i think you should."

A wise man once said that a fair deal is where neither party got everything they wanted.

Just move on and ignore it and quit complaining that someone wont sell/buy a gun for what you thought it was worth. Just my :twocents:

Otherwise, Yeah:ingo:

PeaShooter

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have only done business on the classifieds once. I got out of the firearm for what I was asking. I realize times are tough for some. If they are that tough though, then maybe you should be saving, not buying firerams :dunno: However, I will not sale something for under what I think is a fair price. Some people do not understand the basics of business. Rather if it's a private sale or not.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'll only consider buying something that is stippled beyond recognition and priced according to the importance to the seller.

That way I know I'm buying a small part of their heart and soul.

And then they can afford another firearm that they can take a soldering iron to and carve.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    However, I will not sale something for under what I think is a fair price.

That's the problem , "fair" is a matter of perception and purely subjective .

Never mind the round count , condition , upgrades or expected service life of the gun , some folks seem to think that if a gun has been fired , it automatically should lose half of it's new value and make a goofy offer .

On the other hand , some folks understand the value of not paying taxes , transfer fees and not having our "uncle" knowing our business .

It takes all kinds . :twocents:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I'll only consider buying something that is stippled beyond recognition and priced according to the importance to the seller.

That way I know I'm buying a small part of their heart and soul.

And then they can afford another firearm that they can take a soldering iron to and carve.

LEASH is IN for the WIN! :yesway::):

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    INGO

It is called Indiana Gun OWNERS for a reason...Some people want to own a gun but may not be able to afford one....I used the classifieds to facilitate a gun for immediate family who could not afford one. I sold some guns for less than market value and few more for more than I paid for them. I think everybody was happy. My best friend is now a Indiana Gun Owner thanks to the classifieds...It is a free market and I intend to use it.
    Agreed!!! :yesway: Boo-yah!!!

Maybe you can do better on Gunbroker. ;)

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    It is called Indiana Gun OWNERS for a reason...Some people want to own a gun but may not be able to afford one....I used the classifieds to facilitate a gun for immediate family who could not afford one. I sold some guns for less than market value and few more for more than I paid for them. I think everybody was happy. My best friend is now a Indiana Gun Owner thanks to the classifieds...It is a free market and I intend to use it.

So what you are telling us is you are admitting to doing a straw purchase....:popcorn:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If complaining about high prices did any good at all, I would have everything I've ever wanted.

Point being, I suck it up. I don't dare low ball, and when I put an offer out there I'm not bothered if I'm turned down.

If and when I decide to sell something, I hope I don't wait until I absolutely NEED to sell it. I've been there years ago. And I hope I never get taken like that again.
    It's not a poker game. Or is it?

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I can't believe a thread just complaining about the classifieds is at 10 pages.

I just don't get bent out of shape over this stuff. Some people think their stuff is worth twice what it is, and others are trying to get something for nothing. Is it really that big of a deal to say "no thanks" to someone?

Quite honestly, I won't buy a used gun if it costs 90% the price of a new one. Unless I am getting a reasonable discount, its not worth buying something with an unknown round count and unknown care/fiddling. I bought one used gun here and I paid asking price because it was reasonable.

For other items on other forums, I have been known to make an offer based purely on what I am willing to pay for it. Usually because its an item I really don't need, but kind of want. I have had sellers change their mind on my offer when it hasn't sold in 6 months. So IMHO it doesn't hurt to ask OR be asked.

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    I once offered a guy half of his asking price and he took it. You don't know until you ask. I've also had a guy Email me and say, "I'll give you $1 for it."

My response to that was, "Since the item is offered as "for trade", I will sadly have to reject your less than generous offer."

Top Bottom