• ...and so much more!
  • RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Said the NON Site Supporter...:welcome:

What does being a site supporter have to do with anything? you paid your $10 so you could by pass the 50 quality post rule and all of the sudden you're better than a member who has 500+ post and a good reputation here?:rolleyes:

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    I've never bought anything here, but I have sold 1or2 items. I tend to overvalue my stuff, but I have noticed that when I sold my boss's sig that no matter how low I set the price I would get $50 lower offer at least.

It doesn't bother me, it is their right to offer what they feel as it is my right to list my items at whatever price I want, and I just politely decline their offer.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    What does being a site supporter have to do with anything? you paid your $10 so you could by pass the 50 quality post rule and all of the sudden you're better than a member who has 500+ post and a good reputation here?:rolleyes:

i paid it well after i had like 2k posts. but it was to get the extra PM space mostly.

people wanna complain about getting low balled on their stuff here, but they will walk into a gun shop and get ****ed all day long and walk out happy. never understood that one :):

Jimbovia

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Plainfield

LOL!! Maybe I did do it to pass the 50...:D...but I did it by the rules:rockwoot:

But guess what, I still donated to INGO, and I will continue to donate to INGO year after year.

I appreciate what this forum does for my 2A rights, and my gun addiction.

Free speech has its place, but that doesn't give one the right to instigate an argument like the thread starter...or maybe it does.:twocents:

Jimbovia

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Plainfield
    i am not a site supporter, but i have paid more than 200 dollars to the admin of this site over the years. does that mean i am less entitled to get the good deals i am asking for?

You know, I tipped a bar tender a Benji one time when I was rolling like a big dog. Does he owe me a free drink today? I think not!

"...does that mean i am less entitled to get the good deals i am asking for?" What are you smoking? If you could sell your gun for closer to what it was worth...to you, somewhere else, to sombody else, you know that you would.

[content removed by esrice]

:DHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by a moderator:

lane440

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    whiteland
    I joined :ingo: because the craigs list folks said lowballin was easy here :laugh::laugh:
    well they lied . Im staying because i found that members here are opinionated , arguementative , and firm in what they belive in :patriot:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    This site gives a lot of folks a sense of community. That also give sellers a sense that they will get what they think their item is worth and buyers a sense that they will get a good deal.

If you keep that in mind when using the classifieds, it shouldn't bother you that much. Also try to keep in mind that after most of the haggling is done it ends up being a "fair" deal for all parties involved. :twocents:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    anyone else tired of people thinking the classifieds is a place where they can get a firearm for a fraction of the value?

And the Cybil aspect of those same firearms - where folks ask more for a used gun than I can buy the same model new from Bradis/PSS/BGF/Dunhams/AIMSurplus, etc. with shipping/tax/transfer whatever.

$550 used Glocks that you can buy from Midwest new at the 1500 for ~$460?? Bloody WASRs for $500+ that can be purchased from AIM for <375?

Somebody buys 'em, more power to 'em. A fool and his money...

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    And the Cybil aspect of those same firearms - where folks ask more for a used gun than I can buy the same model new from Bradis/PSS/BGF/Dunhams/AIMSurplus, etc. with shipping/tax/transfer whatever.

$550 used Glocks that you can buy from Midwest new at the 1500 for ~$460?? Bloody WASRs for $500+ that can be purchased from AIM for <375?

I haven't been here long and don't sell a lot of things in the classifieds, but I see more of the above than anything. I guess it just really boils down to your perspective. If you are selling you want top dollar even if it may be the same or higher than a new gun from some stores. If your buying you want the lowest possible price. The person selling the $550 Glock may have bought it from Don's for $700 and think he's cutting someone a deal when the buyer priced the Glocks at Bradis and thinks that is way too high for a used one.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN

DUH! They're charging for the effort they had to put into breaking it in for you!

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Eh, a lot of it comes down to what YOU can get new for. I personally have yet to see a used Glock on this site for less than I can get a new one for. FOR ME they are all priced way to high. But, if someone paid $600 for their Glock, they put 100 rounds through it, decided they didn't like it, and put it on sale here for $500 and someone else who would have paid $600 for a new one buys it, what is the harm?

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    You're not trying hard enough. I've sold 3 Glocks on here for less than LE pricing, even before tax. :)

I always hunt for the best deal, so count me amongst those who just shake their heads at the guys wanting retail + for their used stuff.

If your going to be selling a 19 for less than LE pricing, lemme know!

Cricket Tickler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    I always check here before going anywhere to purchase any firearm. Sometimes I find a good deal, sometimes I find retail prices minus the sales tax. I have learned a tremendous amount about firearms from this site. Too bad I'm not a site supporter.

Top Bottom