• ...and so much more!
  • squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    lol

Remmy 700 have dangerous triggers, so those can go for cheap. Glocks blow up, so again you can get rid of those.

But in all seriousness, we have a bunch of new members, and it seems like they are here for the classifieds. The rest of INGO, just has to continue to make INGO a reputable site.
    :twocents: raise the posts to 10,000 before u can go 2 classifieds 2 sell. maybe we should be buyn instead a selln anyway ??????:popcorn:

flyinlow78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    While I've seen some crazy prices on here, it still pales in comparrison to what I've seen on Gunbroker. Plus, when I see $35-$50 for shipping, when I know what it costs to ship, I'd rather go support a local dealer.

The sad thing is that I don't think most people know what their guns are worth. They overpaid when they bought it, and they don't pay any attention to the market to realize that it depreciates when you sign the paper, just like driving a car off the lot.

Jimbovia

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Plainfield
    For those of INGO's members that were in anyway offended by my pseudo quoting of R. Lee Ermey from the recent GEICO commercial in a post last night:

Example... "...Mamby Pamby Land...Jack Wagon.."

I guess I was in a mood last night and forgot how to treat people. Although I in no way intended to hurt anybody's feelings or insult anyone (I honestly thought it was funny), it was interpreted that way.

Mom always said "treat others as you want to be treated".

I feel that there is need to apologize to my fellow INGO members, and the intended recipient of the comment. Hat in hand..."I apologize".

Regards,

Jimbovia
    aka Jim Bates

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    For those of INGO's members that were in anyway offended by my pseudo quoting of R. Lee Ermey from the recent GEICO commercial in a post last night:

Example... "...Mamby Pamby Land...Jack Wagon.."

I guess I was in a mood last night and forgot how to treat people. Although I in no way intended to hurt anybody's feelings or insult anyone (I honestly thought it was funny), it was interpreted that way.

Mom always said "treat others as you want to be treated".

I feel that there is need to apologize to my fellow INGO members, and the intended recipient of the comment. Hat in hand..."I apologize".

Regards,

Jimbovia
    aka Jim Bates

jim, dont be sorry and cater to the butt hurt. thats so un-GUNNY of you :):

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The classifides can be hillarious at times. I'm amazed at what some of the asking prices for packages can be in many cases. More times than not all I can figure is that they bought the guns during the panic buying and want every penny they spent back now.

I've bought and sold guns in the classifides and on a couple occations I genuinely thought I was offereing really good deals on some guns, but odds are pretty good that if it hasn't sold in a month that the price wasn't low enough to sell it. I've had my pride rightly adjusted by the selling price of guns I've sold and I think some of the guns I bought did the same for other sellers. Nobody wants to hear it, but a used gun isn't worth nearly as much as the same gun brand new without the risk of whoever owned it previously.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    anyone else tired of people thinking the classifieds is a place where they can get a firearm for a fraction of the value?

nope ever heard of a motivated seller??? i expect to see book value at gun stores,,,i expect to see occasional motivated sellers in the classifieds...

just put $450 firm,,,and you shouldnt get any lowballers...

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    The classifides can be hillarious at times. I'm amazed at what some of the asking prices for packages can be in many cases. More times than not all I can figure is that they bought the guns during the panic buying and want every penny they spent back now.

I've bought and sold guns in the classifides and on a couple occations I genuinely thought I was offereing really good deals on some guns, but odds are pretty good that if it hasn't sold in a month that the price wasn't low enough to sell it. I've had my pride rightly adjusted by the selling price of guns I've sold and I think some of the guns I bought did the same for other sellers. Nobody wants to hear it, but a used gun isn't worth nearly as much as the same gun brand new without the risk of whoever owned it previously.

yep and a risk is what you take for sure. i cant begin to describe all of the freelance dumb ass gunsmith work ive seen done on guns that I have bought, and even some off here. you just never know. I advise people to look alittle closer the next time you do a FTF. Its the one shot you have before you hand over your money, make it count. some people will hide anything they can to pass it to the next guy! thats why if your buying, look at the guys seller rep, or try to.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    I have a hard time thinking there is any such thing as a "lowball" offer. If you're not interested, then just say no (or ignore). Don't be offended; that's childish. I'm not telling you that what you have is junk or that you're asking too much. I'm just telling you that if you want me to buy it, I will do so at a price that I like.

Sometimes people need money today more than they need to get exactly what they want for their gun. Those are the people I will do deals with.

Unless it's a very good deal, I'm not interested in driving to your city to pick up a gun that is probably in my local shop for $20 more. My two hours is worth more than $20 to me. And the guys in my local shop will make it right if there is anything wrong, 100% of the time. I've never had a FTF deal go bad, but it's always a possibility.

70% to 80% of market value is about the highest I'm usually interested in paying a private party.

^^^^THIS^^^^

:+1:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    lets call them what they really are CHEAP BASTARD offers. none of this motivated seller BS, if they were motivated they would price it lower from the get go.

Top Bottom