• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    What are you willing to sell me at less than 50 percent of blue book value? i dont have alot of cash, so make me some offers... ill pay 75 dollars for a gently used glock, or 150 dollars for a remington 700... gives you an idea for how much i am willing to spend.

anyone else tired of people thinking the classifieds is a place where they can get a firearm for a fraction of the value?
    yes i have had people offer me dime on the dollar for stuff. i always go to gunbrokers and send them adds showing what those can go for

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Some people tell you "I can get this gun new and for 100 dollars less than what you are asking online so lower your price."
    I wonder why they dont buy them online if they can have such good deals.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Some people tell you "I can get this gun new and for 100 dollars less than what you are asking online so lower your price."

Because the internet isn't real...duh!!!:n00b: I mean have you ever actually seen it before?

I haven't sold on the classified, but I did post a want ad. I was offered a great deal on an SKS, only 450 if I recall correctly, and it came with a high quality McStar scope. Due to demand and all it was a "bargin" at that price.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville

They probably do. No offense, but that P-11 of yours, that I considered, was listed at more $ than Buds was selling it for. And if Buds listed it at that I can probably get it from BGF for the same. So the question is, do I want to save the tax and deal with the FTF transaction AND THE RISK (in general, not you), or just order it.

For me, LNIB has to be 20%-30% lower than what I can buy it new for.
    NIB, has to be 10%-20% lower than what I can buy it new for.

So a P-11, $284 from Buds, no shipping, no tax, plus $20 transfer fee, that's $304, subtract 10% and I'd probably buy it at $270. At $250 I would have snatched it up. But by the same token, if you sold it for $300, I'm happy for you. In this case, I decided to keep looking, probably for a PF-9. Glad I did as the LC9 was announced shortly thereafter.

COMMON, still sold in stores, used guns in the classifieds HAVE to be a deal FOR ME or they're simply not worth it. I guess I'm coming down on the side of the "lowballers" on this one. But you notice, I didn't lowball you on that one. Usually, I just look and move on if they're too high for me.

Last edited:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    If I really want a specific item, I will Pay more BUT having said that, there are many who list a used gun (previous transfer) here for more $$'s than one can buy it from Don's (Shudder) or even Pops Gun's. I'm Not sure holding the envious title of INGO Wheeler Dealer really increased the Value of the firearm while it was in your possession :noway:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    If I really want a specific item, I will Pay more BUT having said that, there are many who list a used gun (previous transfer) here for more $$'s than one can buy it from Don's (Shudder) or even Pops Gun's. I'm Not sure holding the envious title of INGO Wheeler Dealer really increased the Value of the firearm while it was in your possession :noway:

Word. :rockwoot::yesway:

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    What are you willing to sell me at less than 50 percent of blue book value? i dont have alot of cash, so make me some offers... ill pay 75 dollars for a gently used glock, or 150 dollars for a remington 700... gives you an idea for how much i am willing to spend.

anyone else tired of people thinking the classifieds is a place where they can get a firearm for a fraction of the value?

100 % agree , big +1 ......

But also tired of the I have a glock 19 with 5000 rounds through it but I have takin it apart and cleaned it and bought 2 new mags for it ..New it was $625 but since I owned it and wore it out for you I will let it go for $615 ...
    :D:patriot:

People need to get a life on BOTH sides of the classified coin .:ingo:

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    my best was listing something for retail value hoping for around the same as trade in value(retail was 550, trade in was around 385), yet I get a pm from someone who obviously didn't know anything about the item saying he'd only pay $200.....wtf?

I lurked on here for awhile before joining, a few years ago, yet in those years theres been alot of idiocy on here from "newer" people.

The best was actually being called a noob by someone with twice the post count but 1/4 the time here.....wtf?

btw, you've been repped gunworks, its annoying as all get out

ps, I'll give $2 more than indygunworks......:p

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    The low ball stories I could tell... :D

I have a hard time thinking there is any such thing as a "lowball" offer. If you're not interested, then just say no (or ignore). Don't be offended; that's childish. I'm not telling you that what you have is junk or that you're asking too much. I'm just telling you that if you want me to buy it, I will do so at a price that I like.

Sometimes people need money today more than they need to get exactly what they want for their gun. Those are the people I will do deals with.

Unless it's a very good deal, I'm not interested in driving to your city to pick up a gun that is probably in my local shop for $20 more. My two hours is worth more than $20 to me. And the guys in my local shop will make it right if there is anything wrong, 100% of the time. I've never had a FTF deal go bad, but it's always a possibility.

70% to 80% of market value is about the highest I'm usually interested in paying a private party.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

But also tired of the I have a glock 19 with 5000 rounds through it but I have takin it apart and cleaned it and bought 2 new mags for it ..New it was $625 but since I owned it and wore it out for you I will let it go for $615 ...

hmmmm. there is a gun quite similar with alittle less rounds fired in the classifieds now. :):

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN

LOL, so thats why the first thing I sold on here yielded like 40pms within 5 minutes saying I'll take it......it was a second gen g17 with 3 factory mags, glock range bag, ammo, and holster for $300......granted alot of rounds were through it, but it was flawless as could be.....

apparently I should have asked for $605 to undercut that one....srry, I buy glocks at $420 new......;) and I'll never ask more than what I've paid for something....:):

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I haven't read 100% of this thread, but I figured I might as well go ahead and put my two cents in anyway. This problem is more than just classifieds, I've learned alot over the years buying and selling guns (and cars, etc.). A Gunbroker deal, I had a dealer buy a gun from me and then, after the auction was over, wanted to negotiate the deal, ie; he thought shipping was too high, wanted another set of grips that could be seen in the picture. Most recently I had a face to face on a Winchester 94 1985 Chevrolet Outdoorsman, the gun has never been fired, it is in the original box, the gun is excellent, the box is in good shape and the guy told me it should be worth about $300.00, that was before I even had a chance to tell him what I was asking for it. What I've learned over the years is, it takes all kinds of people to be buyers and sellers. I've made hundreds of deals in my life, some were fair and some I got screwed, I've always tried to be fair with people and I've learned I don't have to "give" my stuff away, there are people out there that will be fair with you. If you don't like the deal, walk away.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport

Conversely, there are the people that price their guns at above cost,, it's their choice, it only takes one buyer

Top Bottom