• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    While the great depression , as it is referred to, was a disaster for this country, there were some huge differences from today's world.

First there were very few haves prior to or during. Second, the have nots were much more equal than today. No one was really pumped up about their egos. Third, our country was much more of an agraian society, more people farmed or had just come from the farm, Knew how to can vegetables, how to hunt, eat wild game, etc.

Not that many people today can grow a garden, can, or know how to get by with much less than what they have right now.

Today, a huge number of our society is on public assistance of some type.

What will those folks do , when big brother can not or fails to take care of their needs? What will the folks do who line up each week at the clinics for the get me past the fix I need now drug special, again that most of us working folks pay for?
    Remember the store owner in LA a few years ago, who set atop his business with the AR-15? Remember the armed folks in New Orleans, despite the mayor down there?
    This deal we are in now, is much, much worse.
    This is a world crashing event,

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    U.S. debt shot up $239 billion on Tuesday — the largest one-day bump in history — as the government flexed the new borrowing room it earned in this week’s debt-limit increase deal.
    The debt subject to the statutory limit shot way past the old cap of $14.294 trillion to hit $14.532 trillion on Tuesday, according to the latest the Treasury Department figures, which are released on the next business day.
    That increase puts the government already remarkably close to the new debt limit of $14.694, which means one day’s new borrowing ate up 60 percent of the $400 billion in space Congress granted the president this week.

Full article.

U.S. eats up most of debt limit in one day - Washington Times

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Wife and I are prepared for economic collapse to the best of our ability. our spending is 25% what it was this time two years ago. If for some reason the economy stabilizes, we've got a good start to get our house paid off way early :).

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    I have the Makings stored and I have a "wild" plot that I maintain for the grains...

I am using the Shiner Bock as my it takes 2-3 weeks to brew a batch standby...
    I need to figure out how many People might be stopping by, might have to add more cases of Beer to the SHTF Kit...

Is Bourbon a Cocktail?!
    How about if I bring a Bottle of Basil Haydens?!

Hey Zombies are not the only things slow in life...

I have a couple bottles of jonny walker black label i can contribute for an invite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Cause, yanno, we can afford to do that.:rolleyes:

but you don't understand! By loaning them money, we're actually MAKING money! Because they'll pay it back, with interest, and we'll be richer for it! Besides, the Fed can always lower the reserve requirement to increase excess reserves and thus increase the monetary multiplier which means MORE MONEY!!!! :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Whew, sorry. That kool-aid packs a wallop.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    If we are in as deep as it seems what will it take to get out?

A new governement?

A new currency?

OR

A new mind set for everyone?

My guess is that post SHTF we will have very few lawyers or politicians and I would guess that 75-80% of the country will die. What foriegn country can support the US?

I am shooting for that 20-25% and preparing the best I can afford utilizing both time and money wisely.

Best of luck to us all!

Top Bottom