• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Just curious as hate crime laws seem to be such a sore point for conservatives. I've read many complaints about hate crime laws here regarding minorities and homosexual. Just trying to see how one can be against hate crime laws while believing that ones religion should be a factor in sentencing.

Stop right there. I made it very clear that we were talking about two different things. I do not think a person's religion should be a factor in sentencing.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Stop right there. I made it very clear that we were talking about two different things. I do not think a person's religion should be a factor in sentencing.

Then why the fixation on these guys nationality and religion on this forum?

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Have you ever heard of the Inquisition ?
    Does that mean that all Catholics are evil ?
    You realize there are far more Muslims on this Earth than any other Faith , do they all commit such acts ?
    I'm pretty sure more people have been killed or died as part of the Catholic church's battle to become the number one religion .
    I do not hold the Church today responsible for it's actions in the past , should I ?

We aren't living in medieval times, so I don't see how your comments are relevant. If it were medieval times, and the Catholics were having the Inquisition, and I were a Catholic, then I would object, and most likely cease to be Catholic. I surely wouldn't support them financially, I and definitely would not vote for them to run my country.

Muslims around the world hate America. They hate freedom. They only want Islam. This is a fact. Muslim nations support terrorism. It isn't just a few individuals. I don't know why you think we need to be politically correct. We're not inciting violence against Muslims. We are facing reality, and the reality is Islamists have been at war with America since 2001.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Just curious as hate crime laws seem to be such a sore point for conservatives. I've read many complaints about hate crime laws here regarding minorities and homosexual. Just trying to see how one can be against hate crime laws while believing that ones religion should be a factor in sentencing.

I don't recall seeing anyone arguing that...

Did I misunderstand him?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Then why the fixation on these guys nationality and religion on this forum?

I thought - perhaps I'm mistaken - that the thrust of this thread was that the media was purposefully omitting that the bomber is Muslim. I was arguing that his being Muslim was relevant to the reporting. Not the potential sentence if he were found guilty.

WileECoyotee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Huntington.IN.
    We aren't living in medieval times, so I don't see how your comments are relevant. If it were medieval times, and the Catholics were having the Inquisition, and I were a Catholic, then I would object, and most likely cease to be Catholic. I surely wouldn't support them financially, I and definitely would not vote for them to run my country.

Muslims around the world hate America. They hate freedom. They only want Islam. This is a fact. Muslim nations support terrorism. It isn't just a few individuals. I don't know why you think we need to be politically correct. We're not inciting violence against Muslims. We are facing reality.

You're kidding right ?

Turkey is a Muslim Nation , Saudi Arabia , Kuwait , India and many more .

They are not all against the United States .

Plenty of Christians around the world Hate Islam , that's a fact too .

Not all Muslim Nations support Terrorism .

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I thought - perhaps I'm mistaken - that the thrust of this thread was that the media was purposefully omitting that the bomber is Muslim. I was arguing that his being Muslim was relevant to the reporting. Not the potential sentence if he were found guilty.

I think you're in the minority around here. In another thread, there was a complaint that Obama would mirandize these people if caught alive.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

It was. You're doing fine...I'm following you, exactly. Some people are getting lost in the logic and/or trying to introduce superflorous issues into the discussion.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    You're kidding right ?

They are not all against the United States .

Plenty of Christians around the world Hate Islam , that's a fact too .

Not all Muslim Nations support Terrorism .

Okay, you guys are right. This attack surely has NOTHING to do with these guys being Muslim. I bet they just wanted to bomb for fun, and had no political agenda or hate. All the millions of Muslims that chant "death to America" around the world mean nothing. Also, there is no war on terror. Everything is peachy, because Obama has made all Muslims our friends by refusing to call terrorism terrorism, and refusing to call Islamic extremists by name.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    obama and biden upon finding out that the bombers were not rightwing Christian Tea Party gun owners.

r-OBAMA-BIDEN-SOCIAL-MEDIA-large570.jpg

Anybody (yes you) denying these ass clown were hoping the bomber was a "rightwing, Christian, Tea Party, gun owners" is being willfully ignorant.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    So hate crime laws are valid.

No, but criminal intent, and in some cases specific intent, are material elements in most crimes.

It was. You're doing fine...I'm following you, exactly. Some people are getting lost in the logic and/or trying to introduce superflorous issues into the discussion.

"Getting lost" implies there was once a sense of direction...

You're kidding right ?

India is a muslim nation? Do tell...

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND

Is it relevant only because the bomb was homemade? If he'd ordered it from a factory and dropped it from a remote controlled airplane, and he belonged to a religion with adherents that are overwhelmingly more likely to do that than any other, would it be relevant then?

And if so would those facts justify his treating members of that religion differently?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Been plenty of mention of their national origins in the news. Not so much religion, since it likely doesn't matter in this case.

Suspects' uncle tells nephew to surrender - Al Jazeera Blogs

What did their uncle have to say as to their reasons?
    “Being losers, hatred to those who were able to settle themselves; those are the only reasons,” he said. “Anything else to do with religion, with Islam, it’s a fraud; it’s a fake.”

Bombing Suspects’ Uncle: They Do Not Deserve To Live On This Earth « CBS Boston

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Is it relevant only because the bomb was homemade? If he'd ordered it from a factory and dropped it from a remote controlled airplane, and he belonged to a religion with adherents that are overwhelmingly more likely to do that than any other, would it be relevant then?

And if so would those facts justify his treating members of that religion differently?

1. We are not dropping bombs from remote controlled airplane in the name of a religion, so religion is not relevant.

2. I haven't advocated treating members of any religion differently.

Get a logic.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Point of this particular thread being is that if it were anybody else, that is all you would hear about.

The press was salivating for it to be a tea party member.

Don't deny it, you know it to be true.

Top Bottom