Would have drawn my weapon: Pan handler/drunk beggar/?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Wow 5 pages. Good distraction while working late at the office. I have learned so much. Namely CM is paranoid (actually I already knew that), Printcraft hangs out near Uranus, and cops must not get paid very much because Frank doesn't have an extra 40 cents after buying beer.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Wow 5 pages. Good distraction while working late at the office. I have learned so much. Namely CM is paranoid (actually I already knew that), Printcraft hangs out near Uranus, and cops must not get paid very much because Frank doesn't have an extra 40 cents after buying beer.

It's not the beer that takes all his money, it's the boot polish.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Hey buddy.....just cause I am Paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    OP handled the situation just fine.

Maybe the best suggestion is to buy that PBR sixer elsewhere and leave the 'subterranean world' to the 'subterraneans'.

Next time, buy that booze where the Yuppies do. Then, when that BMW 605i-driving 'bum' in the cashmere overcoat holds his hand out for a buck or two, you can be assured with that car payment, he actually NEEDS the money! :lmfao:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    OP handled the situation just fine.

Maybe the best suggestion is to buy that PBR sixer elsewhere and leave the 'subterranean world' to the 'subterraneans'.

Next time, buy that booze where the Yuppies do. Then, when that BMW 605i-driving 'bum' in the cashmere overcoat holds his hand out for a buck or two, you can be assured with that car payment, he actually NEEDS the money! :lmfao:

How about we do what we want and not let the "subterraneans" dictate how we live our lives?

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    How about we do what we want and not let the "subterraneans" dictate how we live our lives?
    I agree, Frank. But SOME times, it's simpler just to avoid the issue in the first place. Particularly so when it's fairly easy to do, as there's almost always a liquor store just down the road that doesn't 'cater' to the subterranean lifestyle.

As I'm sure we're all aware, some places just have :shady: folks hanging outside constantly, regardless of the hour of the day, or the location in the community. Others have no tolerance for seedy-types handing around their place of business.

The side benefit is, if these store-owners realize it's actually harming their business and good customers aren't coming in, they may well clean up their storefronts, as well. As it's private property, the store owner has control over who hangs out in front of their business.

It's simply a matter of what the business owner chooses to allow.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Well, Your a good man.... But apparently popular opinion here is, After the non-threating meeting you had was over, You should have driven home with you hand on your sidearm when you got back in your car..
    Just because the interaction starts with a non-threatening act, doesn't mean it's going to end up that way. Bruised, beaten grandmother fends off robbers Please pay particular attention to the way the boys initiated the interaction. A simple request for directions.

From what the OP posted I see nothing wrong with being "prepared" for the incident to turn into a possibly deadly situation. Possiable suspect was intoxicated or mentally challenged with a visible weapon. OP kept his alertness up and was thinking ahead if it hit the fan. Only negative I might say is that if the neighborhood is that bad start out by going somewhere else.
    Some people live in the 'hood. I'm just a few miles from the area. I went to school IN Mars Hill. It was never any real competition for unicorn-land, even back then, but it earns its reputation at a ghetto honestly these days.

You aren't a chocolate squirrel by chance are you?
    Ooooooh, that would make sense. But I question the ability of any of the remaining aliases to have survived that long.

I agree, Frank. But SOME times, it's simpler just to avoid the issue in the first place. Particularly so when it's fairly easy to do, as there's almost always a liquor store just down the road that doesn't 'cater' to the subterranean lifestyle.
    Not 'round these parts. Even the one farther south at 67 and High School is full of garbage at any given time. If you want to buy your liquor in peace, you have to go down to Camby. The Meijer store. Not the Walmart. Walmart is frequented by Mars Hill people with enough money for gas to get there. Correction: there is that new one just south of the Rally's in the new tiny strip mall, and Big Red Liquor at Camby Road/67.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

As I'm sure we're all aware, some places just have :shady: folks hanging outside constantly, regardless of the hour of the day, or the location in the community. Others have no tolerance for seedy-types handing around their place of business.

The side benefit is, if these store-owners realize it's actually harming their business and good customers aren't coming in, they may well clean up their storefronts, as well. As it's private property, the store owner has control over who hangs out in front of their business.

It's simply a matter of what the business owner chooses to allow.
    :lmfao:Around here, those seedy types ARE the business. If the liquor store got rid of them, they'd have no business at all.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Thread needs more 22 LR to the face.

That's fear of coloring outside of the lines right?

cabd2cdcc9046519927e41201a4ac31e.jpg

Irrational fear of clowns... :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom