Not open for further replies.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I like to think that I post a wide variety of images in this thread, that are not just scantily clad ladies (without using the term loosely).

I am a responsible gun owner, and I help other people not as well versed in firearms understand the culture and appeal of our community and the Second Amendment. So in the totality of circumstances I like to think that I do more to welcome new shooters than not. What you see here on INGO is a small part of what each of us does, based on a shared interest, where our posting takes priority on topics based on limited available time, so is not a true reflection of our personalities and intentions.

That being said, as a community driven page, I am happy to make accommodations for the more engaged community members posting in this thread. You have very right to join in this thread and post the type of content that you believe is appropriate, or you can attempt to shame us into following your particular moral standards, or lobby to have this shut down. There are topics on INGO I might object to, or individuals I might take issue with, so I do not engage with that content, confident that the moderators and staff are enforcing the rules fairly and equitably. As far as I am aware no rules are being broken in this thread, and I will endeavor to stay within the structure that the moderators and staff have graciously allowed the community to enjoy.

Well Said Oak!!!:yesway:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Keeping the thread (and hope) alive. Sure the thread got a bit cheesecake-y, but there have been plenty of good pictures in there.

277bd8d19cf453015d67a767a836d7ff.jpg

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'm guessing this is a candid shot where she is either moving into stance or something to that effect, since usually the IDF is pretty good at training their infantry in proper shooting technique. Caption on picture is: "
    Two Israeli soldiers of Ethiopian heritage participate in a unit commander’s course in 2006"

4337271056_f2831f190a_o.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm guessing this is a candid shot where she is either moving into stance or something to that effect, since usually the IDF is pretty good at training their infantry in proper shooting technique.

My buddy's daughter went through Zahal basic recently. What an alien way of doing things they have there. Her stories were shocking.

As far as shooting, her tales of being on the line with Russian and French girls gave me a series of mini strokes.

Her M16 in basic was made by GM (Hydra-Matic) . . . on the production line that my father supervised a few years after he graduated GMI!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    holly at the range.jpg

my daughter at the range, yes I know she had a poor stance but at the time she wanted to be a police officer and I didn't want to teach her just to have the police teach her something different!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well I guess for all intensive purposes this thread is dead!!

It's probably dead for all intents and purposes too!

We've had members express disapproval on a variety of levels of this topic. I'm not sure why the most recent is fundamentally different and appears to have chilled the topic to a halt, whereas other criticisms did not. The only difference is the sex of the member who stated disapproval this time. While I am not so naive as to believe that sex (and functionally gender) don't matter, I don't think that anyone should be surprised by the reaction other than by the fact that it took so long to appear here. As bwframe stated several time, we should be aware that all kinds of people are viewing things.

That said, my opinions are thus:

1. The original topic seemed (to me) to be for photos of women carrying guns openly to either advocate for or normalize the practice for open carry. That's a good thing, I think. However, my interpretation is worth something only to me and soon the photos' common denominator was solely an image of a woman with a firearm. That is not inherently bad, just a wider scope.
    2. As noted by another member, the photos included a significant variety. While many were models (both professional and otherwise) clearly exhibiting their attractive features and attributes with a firearm as a prop or costume element, there were a significant number of serious shooters and serious carry methods (many were of concealed carry being displayed, ironically for "open carry" part).
    3. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with the photos that were presented (I am unaware of any that were removed due to violation of INGO standards). In the posed photos, the subjects were willing participants and their intent was for people to view the image and enjoy it. Otherwise, they would not have posed and the photos would not be available online.
    4. I suspect that in the bigger picture, some of the commentary (perhaps including my "She seems nice.") is more likely than the appearance of the photos to evoke negative responses from anyone who disapproves of this topic, its predecessors, and topics substantially similar to them).
    5. I recognize that some of the commentary was likely more problematic than most, again with the potential of including my own "She seems nice."
    6. If INGO members want to see a compilation of photos of women with guns and everything is within INGO policies, then I think it should continue as long as members choose to post the photos and others choose to view them.
    7. If an explicit comment shames members of the group into stopping, then I submit that there was or is inner conflict about posting the images and reading the criticism played into that. If you believe it's wrong to do it, then you shouldn't do it. If you kind of felt that way, but needed an overt reminder, then you have it. If, however, you were posting photos with a clear conscience (which is entirely reasonable to me), then why stop now?
    8. Item 7 also applies to viewing the images and commenting on them.
    9. I have a reasonable level of respect for the opinions and feelings of other members, but I also recognize that this is a group space in which all have the means to view or not view any topic based on their own decisions and actions. There are a lot of topics that don't interest me. There are topics that have elicited a negative response in my brain, not unlike what our friend rayne expressed here. I choose to avoid those topics and if the source of the issue is a specific individual, most are aware of my extensive use of the IGNORE feature. In no way imply that anyone else does, but I (rhino) have no interest in dictating what other people do or don't discuss or view here as long as it doesn't violate the rules or any laws.
    10. It should still be okay to post the photos if it was okay before this occurred. If it were not okay before, why were we doing it?
    11. Moving forward, if anyone chooses to post more photos, it is probably in our best interests to keep in mind that when we share our inner monolog with others on INGO, it's not just with people who appreciate our views and wit. It's with everyone and it's permanent (even if it gets scrubbed from INGO, copies will exist). Keeping that in mind, say what you want to say within the rules and own it. I do not anticipate an end to "She seems nice." any time soon. I recognize that some may find it offensive, but that's true of pretty everything you type. The only way . . . and I mean only . . . to have a reasonable expectation of not offending anyone is to not participate or type anything. Even then, some will be offended by your silence!

Last edited:

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN

We've had members express disapproval on a variety of levels of this topic. I'm not sure why the most recent is fundamentally different and appears to have chilled the topic to a halt, whereas other criticisms did not. The only difference is the sex of the member who stated disapproval this time. While I am not so naive as to believe that sex (and functionally gender) don't matter, I don't think that anyone should be surprised by the reaction other than by the fact that it took so long to appear here. As bwframe stated several time, we should be aware that all kinds of people are viewing things.

1. The original topic seemed (to me) to be for photos of women carrying guns openly to either advocate for or normalize the practice for open carry. That's a good thing, I think. However, my interpretation is worth something only to me and soon the photos' common denominator was solely an image of a woman with a firearm. That is not inherently bad, just a wider scope.
    2. As noted by another member, the photos included a significant variety. While many were models (both professional and otherwise) clearly exhibiting their attractive features and attributes with a firearm as a prop or costume element, there were a significant number of serious shooters and serious carry methods (many were of concealed carry being displayed, ironically for "open carry" part).
    3. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with the photos that were presented (I am unaware of any that were removed due to violation of INGO standards). In the posed photos, the subjects were willing participants and their intent was for people to view the image and enjoy it. Otherwise, they would not have posed and the photos would not be available online.
    4. I suspect that in the bigger picture, some of the commentary (perhaps including my "She seems nice.") is more likely than the appearance of the photos to evoke negative responses from anyone who disapproves of this topic, its predecessors, and topics substantially similar to them).
    5. I recognize that some of the commentary was likely more problematic than most, again with the potential of including my own "She seems nice."
    6. If INGO members want to see a compilation of photos of women with guns and everything is within INGO policies, then I think it should continue as long as members choose to post the photos and others choose to view them.
    7. If an explicit comment shames members of the group into stopping, then I submit that there was or is inner conflict about posting the images and reading the criticism played into that. If you believe it's wrong to do it, then you shouldn't do it. If you kind of felt that way, but needed an overt reminder, then you have it. If, however, you were posting photos with a clear conscience (which is entirely reasonable to me), then why stop now?
    9. I have a reasonable level of respect for the opinions and feelings of other members, but I also recognize that this is a group space in which all have the means to view or not view any topic based on their own decisions and actions. There are a lot of topics that don't interest me. There are topics that have elicited a negative response in my brain, not unlike what our friend rayne expressed here. I choose to avoid those topics and if the source of the issue is a specific individual, most are aware of my extensive use of the IGNORE feature. In no way imply that anyone else does, but I (rhino) have no interest in dictating what other people do or don't discuss or view here as long as it doesn't violate the rules or any laws.
    10. It should still be okay to post the photos if it was okay before this occurred. If it were not okay before, why were we doing it?
    11. Moving forward, if anyone chooses to post more photos, it is probably in our best interests to keep in mind that when we share our inner monolog with others on INGO, it's not just with people who appreciate our views and wit. It's with everyone and it's permanent (even if it gets scrubbed from INGO, copies will exist). Keeping that in mind, say what you want to say within the rules and own it. I do not anticipate an end to "She seems nice." any time soon. I recognize that some may find it offensive, but that's true of pretty everything you type. The only way . . . and I mean only . . . to have a reasonable expectation of not offending anyone is to not participate or type anything. Even then, some will be offended by your silence!

Excellent post. Sad it had to be made. Sure hope no one finds out about the Pintrest page.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In the actual interest of Ingo in general we have several threads that are heavy on views. Very heavy. The daily hits are pretty substantial and they are as many or more from visitors as members.
    Ingo needs to grow to stay alive. It is the way of things. Big topic areas are the political threads. Huge draw. another on it the Fishing woman thread. Huge. Another one is......wait for it.....this thread. Huge numbers. And the CZickness thread gets a fair amount of hits as well. There are others but you see where I am going here.

No knock on Rayne as I have already posted my respect for her as a person and her accomplishments in the shooting world.

That said if you are a serious posting member OK. But if you are just a casual fly by then please look around. If you are here once a month or less then please. I think I have my finger on the pulse that is Ingo.

JMHO and I am ready for my beating now.

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

You sure talk a lot.:blahblah:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Well I guess for all intensive purposes this thread is dead!!
    I will be sad if it is. Very sad.

Expressing an opinion is OK as already stated.
    I have no intention of letting this thread die, unless the content is no longer allowed by this site. I haven't posted because I wanted to pause to give Rayne an opportunity to respond, and not feel that we were trying to ride roughshod over her opinion

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom