Woman who called IMPD on husband wants answers in his fatal shooting.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    Having been on domestic violence calls as a FF/Paramedic and treating victims, the attitude/mindset of these people is very hard to comprehend. I cannot imagine dealing with these on a routine basis. Unfortunately due to holes in our legal system, this officer was placed in a dangerous situation when he intervened. Now the officer gets to live with this for the rest of his life.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Unfortunately due to holes in our legal system, this officer was placed in a dangerous situation when he intervened.

What holes are these?

On Fox59 last night it was reported that there were witnesses to the (attempted) gun grab. From all accounts it sounds like blackletter self-defense.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I agree. "Wants answers" is code for wants money! The real victims here are the officer and child that have to deal with what they saw.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    How can anyone in their right mind think that attacking a cop will ever come out as a win for them? Their's nothing to be gained. Bad decisions bring bad results. Maybe we need to figure out why our society is so amped up on emotion now days. Too many Americans are addicted to drama and are more emotionally invested in idiotic things than are invested in bettering themselves.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    A real Glock with the tip painted orange? Wow. Obviously we need a comprehensive background check and a waiting period for anyone trying to purchase orange paint. Personally if someone pointed a gun at me I am probably going to treat them as an armed threat REGARDLESS of what color the muzzle of their gun is. Believing that a gun is a toy only because it has orange paint on the muzzle is a Very Bad Idea.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    How can anyone in their right mind think that attacking a cop will ever come out as a win for them? Their's nothing to be gained. Bad decisions bring bad results. Maybe we need to figure out why our society is so amped up on emotion now days. Too many Americans are addicted to drama and are more emotionally invested in idiotic things than are invested in bettering themselves.

i could be all wrong but i think it has to do with the administration and the population seeing lawless acts and going against LEO's....... so they all think if they act that way they will get a free pass....

:twocents:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    i could be all wrong but i think it has to do with the administration and the population seeing lawless acts and going against LEO's....... so they all think if they act that way they will get a free pass....

:twocents:

And a Parade.....and a riot......and hero status among their peers......and so on and so forth.

As long as the media milks this crap it will not change but get worse.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    As long as the media milks this crap it will not change but get worse.

Sheesh, I could NOT agree more. When I see the city's major news outlets using headlines like "Cop shoots/kills unarmed man", it immediately paints the police in a bad light. Back when I went through Journalism school, my professors talked a LOT about libel, slander, sensationalism, ethics... It's disgusting, shameful, and irresponsible on the part of the media. I'd like to think that no one wants Indy to be the next Ferguson, or Baltimore.

Based on comments I've seen (yeah, I know better than to read the comments sections, truly I do), I don't think anyone is being fooled by this lady's nonsense of demanding the officer be held accountable.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    In my opinion the Officer should receive a commendation! The "Victim" (I use the term very loosely), was a no good basXXXX that deserved everything that happened. According to Fox news one of his prior convictions was for assault on a Police officer.

I agree with the post that the Commiebomma administration has encouraged the criminals and made many false accusations against all the Police officers in the country. They have sided with the criminal element and caused riots and disrespect. It sickens me to see the publicity the rioters get when they protest against criminals getting the treatment they deserve.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    In my opinion the Officer should receive a commendation! The "Victim" (I use the term very loosely), was a no good basXXXX that deserved everything that happened. According to Fox news one of his prior convictions was for assault on a Police officer.

I agree with the post that the Commiebomma administration has encouraged the criminals and made many false accusations against all the Police officers in the country. They have sided with the criminal element and caused riots and disrespect. It sickens me to see the publicity the rioters get when they protest against criminals getting the treatment they deserve.
    The victim was the LEO in this case. Some of these puke perps destroy lives just by breathing other's air.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sheesh, I could NOT agree more. When I see the city's major news outlets using headlines like "Cop shoots/kills unarmed man", it immediately paints the police in a bad light. Back when I went through Journalism school, my professors talked a LOT about libel, slander, sensationalism, ethics... It's disgusting, shameful, and irresponsible on the part of the media. I'd like to think that no one wants Indy to be the next Ferguson, or Baltimore.

Based on comments I've seen (yeah, I know better than to read the comments sections, truly I do), I don't think anyone is being fooled by this lady's nonsense of demanding the officer be held accountable.

After a few runs on her behalf maybe she should share in the responsibility's involved.
    Continue to do the same thing over and over expecting different results is a form of psychosis is it not.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Assuming you like turnip greens, boiled peanuts, and can root for the Auburn Tigers, my hometown (Enterprise, AL) would take you in. Lots of land, lots of guns, lots of retired vets.
    Lost me with Auburn who? They have a football program? Go LSU! Seriously, remember all the what if threads? Many people said they never get between a wife and husband, well this is why. After she recovers from her latest beating she's in "love" again.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Continue to do the same thing over and over expecting different results is a form of psychosis is it not.

I'm no psychologist/psychiatrist, but I think people stuck in these abusive relationship cycles aren't much different than an addict. They know it's wrong, not healthy, dangerous, etc., but in their minds, they somehow justify it as normal. I think we've all known someone kind of like this, maybe even a family member (or two), who cannot seem to make a right turn to literally save their lives... they're somehow compelled to drill holes in the bottom of their own boat, don't want to drown, but don't want to be rescued either. :dunno:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'm no psychologist/psychiatrist, but I think people stuck in these abusive relationship cycles aren't much different than an addict. They know it's wrong, not healthy, dangerous, etc., but in their minds, they somehow justify it as normal. I think we've all known someone kind of like this, maybe even a family member (or two), who cannot seem to make a right turn to literally save their lives... they're somehow compelled to drill holes in the bottom of their own boat, don't want to drown, but don't want to be rescued either. :dunno:

My mom used to be the executive director of the women's shelter in my hometown. Of course, I wasn't privy to much, but the few stories she did relate to me just made me shake my head in unbelief. As a young teenager, even!

The cycle is indeed weird. And very, very sad.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Things like this are one of the side effects of domestics. You never know the mindset of all those involved. The "victim" may suddenly decide they are not the victim and change their story. From what she said in the article it sounds like this isn't the first time something has happened with him. At least she is only being verbal about it after the fact. She very well could have decided she didn't like her husband being 'attacked' by the officer and joined in the fight against him. Nothing like being shot or stabbed in the back by someone you thought you were helping. This applies to police and non-police as well. The next time you see a guy yell at or grab his girl keep in mind that it may be normal procedure for the couple and you have no idea how she will react to a third party involving themselves.

By all means, don't let her get seriously hurt or worse, but keep in mind she is just as much an unknown factor as the other person.

Those who say this need to be handed a simunitions gun then pummeled without warning. Let's see how well they react.

Civil rights activist participates in police shooting simulation | www.ajc.com

Top Bottom