• Status
    Not open for further replies.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    And lastly, to promote my conspiracy theory, how was it the news station became aware of this "story" ? My guess is the instigator who made this an issue was not the vendor.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I did watch the trial. What proof is there that Martin attacked Zimmerman unprovoked? Also, I can agree that BLM is wrong in saying that police are all the same, and that systematic oppression is a nationwide issue. But in some places it is.... Not just an individual officer being the problem, but the whole agency and judicial system.

We hashed and rehashed Zimmerman back in the day. I don't want to make this about that. I can believe that there are some local criminal justice systems that do have systemic race issues. Does Minneapolis/St Paul?

Common sense matched with a decent heart, will allow any human being to know that Zimmerman and OJ were guilty as sin, no matter what the verdicts were. Unfortunately, we have always existed in times of uncompromising minds and hard hearts, wrapped in all colors of flesh.

Que, you're drawing a hell of a false dichotomy that just seems out of character. Yes, we look at the same evidence and we interpret it differently.

I think Zimmerman overstepped his place. He was probably guilty of some responsibility, but they overcharged him. Zimmerman's responsibility in it certainly wasn't anything resembling any variation of murder.

I think the evidence presented supports that Martin didn't like being stalked like that, and he jumped Zimmerman and beat the **** out of him. And then Zimmerman shot him. I think Zimmerman's responsibility in the thing was that he initiated the chain of events. There's no way that ***** initiated the violence with Martin. The way I see it, Zimmerman didn't have to stalk Martin, and Martin didn't have to beat the **** out of him. No one would have gotten shot if neither had acted the way they did.

And that's the conclusion I drew after watching the trial. You're free to interpret how you want, but I'm not going to sit here and try to make a judgement on the condition of your heart, or your ability to recognize common sense. It's not lost on me that the people that look like I do mostly draw the conclusion I did. And the people who look like you do draw the conclusion you do. I'm fine with having world different ways of looking at things, and I'm not going to think any less of you for it.

Well, if you don't believe certain individuals should not be allowed to own a firearm, you do believe in reasonable gun control. If you don't, I would say you have an unreasonable point of view, but there is nothing wrong with differing opinions.

The reasonable gun control that I would support is with due process.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, if you don't believe certain individuals should not be allowed to own a firearm, you do believe in reasonable gun control. If you don't, I would say you have an unreasonable point of view, but there is nothing wrong with differing opinions.

Well, you can always go Brit. None of that pesky you're presumed innocent and the state must prove you guilty beyond reasonable doubt stuff

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I guess I'm a horrible individual for siding with the weight of evidence, thanks for that broad generalization.

Common sense and the word "reasonable" are both about relativism and are massively subjective to each individual.
    Not to mention petitio principii, to boot

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I think this is the first year I've not seen the "IBE WARNING" thread. I hope all of you continue to have positive integrations down there.

Since 2010 when 9 people were shot, it's been getting quieter and quieter. I was out on time at 0130, so not sure what the rest of the night looked like but it was very light foot and vehicle traffic when I left. It seemed like about half the people out were looking for Pokemons....

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    We hashed and rehashed Zimmerman back in the day. I don't want to make this about that. I can believe that there are some local criminal justice systems that do have systemic race issues. Does Minneapolis/St Paul?

Que, you're drawing a hell of a false dichotomy that just seems out of character. Yes, we look at the same evidence and we interpret it differently.

I think Zimmerman overstepped his place. He was probably guilty of some responsibility, but they overcharged him. Zimmerman's responsibility in it certainly wasn't anything resembling any variation of murder.

I think the evidence presented supports that Martin didn't like being stalked like that, and he jumped Zimmerman and beat the **** out of him. And then Zimmerman shot him. I think Zimmerman's responsibility in the thing was that he initiated the chain of events. There's no way that ***** initiated the violence with Martin. The way I see it, Zimmerman didn't have to stalk Martin, and Martin didn't have to beat the **** out of him. No one would have gotten shot if neither had acted the way they did.

And that's the conclusion I drew after watching the trial. You're free to interpret how you want, but I'm not going to sit here and try to make a judgement on the condition of your heart, or your ability to recognize common sense. It's not lost on me that the people that look like I do mostly draw the conclusion I did. And the people who look like you do draw the conclusion you do. I'm fine with having world different ways of looking at things, and I'm not going to think any less of you for it.

The reasonable gun control that I would support is with due process.

I agree with what you said above. I don't know if it can be found, but I posted before any jury deliberated, that Zimmerman was going to be innocent. According to the law, he was innocent. He played the children's game of "I'm not touching you" and initiated the encounter.

As as for guns, I have said nothing that discourages due process. I suggested there are people who a "reasonable person" would not want to own guns.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    To what are you referring?

To Zimmerman or OJ. You were referencing how people 'of a certain heart' would know OJ and Zimmerman were guilty despite their being acquitted. Had they been tried under the British system, they would have been assumed to be guilty, since the prosecutor elected to bring them to trial, and the burden of proof would have been upon their legal team to establish their innocence. That might have resulted in the verdict that, I infer, you think would have been more appropriate

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I thought the Dallas shooter disliked BLM :dunno:...and the other shooter, well I guess you have better access to Bill & Teds phone booth than I do.

The ONLY reason he disliked BLM generally is that he didn't want to just protest because he thought protesting did nothing. He wanted a war.
    Same mindset. I don't think alqueda or isis like each other but their motivations are virtually identical.
    These guys are the militant versions of BLM pigs in a blanket fry them like bacon crowd.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The ONLY reason he disliked BLM generally is that he didn't want to just protest because he thought protesting did nothing. He wanted a war.
    Same mindset. I don't think alqueda or isis like each other but their motivations are virtually identical.
    These guys are the militant versions of BLM pigs in a blanket fry them like bacon crowd.

Ok so now you commune with the dead? Just out of curiosity, what exactly else DOES BLM do besides protest... and would compliment the Dallas shooter's war?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Ok so now you commune with the dead? Just out of curiosity, what exactly else DOES BLM do besides protest... and would compliment the Dallas shooter's war?

No I read the Baton Rouge guys own words in his blog.
    If you consider that communing with the dead I also talk to Mark Twain and Jules Vern. (I think they are racists BTW)

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana

I just can't bring myself to believe the BLM is as benign as you continously assert. Perhaps it's because of the "white privilege" I apparently possess based on comments from the likes of Tom Hartman and others that my view is myopic. I haven't seen any semblance of a uniting philosophy ( black AND white ) coming out of the BLM movement - or - organization, if you prefer. So, conversely, if you are not a uniting force you are at best benign. And I don't get that sense from the rhetoric espoused during their many press appearances. They assert, from my perspective, that no one but them can conceivably believe black lives matter. This, to me, is in itself a rascist mentally.

I will not make the accusatory leap that BLM is directly responsible for officer deaths - but unless I missed the press conference I haven't seen any BLM representative decry the recent Dallas and Baton Rouge assassinations.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I just can't bring myself to believe the BLM is as benign as you continously assert. Perhaps it's because of the "white privilege" I apparently possess based on comments from the likes of Tom Hartman and others that my view is myopic. I haven't seen any semblance of a uniting philosophy ( black AND white ) coming out of the BLM movement - or - organization, if you prefer. So, conversely, if you are not a uniting force you are at best benign. And I don't get that sense from the rhetoric espoused during their many press appearances. They assert, from my perspective, that no one but them can conceivably believe black lives matter. This, to me, is in itself a rascist mentally.

I will not make the accusatory leap that BLM is directly responsible for officer deaths - but unless I missed the press conference I haven't seen any BLM representative decry the recent Dallas and Baton Rouge assassinations.

View attachment 48544

Are these people REALLY, really light-skinned, or confused? :dunno:

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    View attachment 48544

Are these people REALLY, really light-skinned, or confused? :dunno:

Unless I'm mistaken this crowd doesn't seem to be asking for unity. To me it shows a bunch of (presumed) anglo saxon - whites - asserting their belief that black lives matter.

That's not the same as calling for unity among ALL races nor condemning the shooting of police officers out of retribution for perceived injustice(s) against blacks.

Show me the pic of a crowd of mostly black americans marching in support of law enforcement - perhaps then I'll be more inclined to consider your premise.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom