• Status
    Not open for further replies.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    It's my belief that the BLM has over stepped their bounds...Many of these ranchers have been running cattle and sheep on BLM land since the 19th century and for the Feds to step in now and say they are "over grazing" and "hurting the environment" just seems like a major over reach....

I am shocked over the support being given to them by city folk that have probably never spent time on a working ranch.....

IMHO

:)

:+1: Me too :): guess I should be living west of the Missouri River and east the Rockies.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    Getting testy in here folks.
    Not going to let it get off the rails unless it is about music/food/etc...

Yeah I decided early on to jump of this redundant freight train. Took the family to the movies. The secret life of pets, it was pretty funny. Then off we went to The Beef House for a late lunch/early supper. The bad news is now we have two large bags of rolls to tempt me every time I go in the kitchen for a drink. Oh almost forgot the cupcakes and ice cream for mother in-laws bday. *barf* I'm stuffed.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Mind your language, and eah, no they did come to the conclusion Martin Attacked Zimmerman. If the investigators did, then there wouldn't have been a trial.

There was a trial because of the political mess that came about when he wasn't charged. It was 44 days until he was charged, and only then after a special prosecutor was brought in.

What pointed to Martin being the aggressor, prior to their physical confrontation? This case was a classic dead men tell no tales. We will never know who started the fight.
    I'm going on my recollections of the trial. It doesn't really matter who started it, does it? Martin was on top of Zimmerman pounding on him. He was found to be innocent, so are you trying to say he shouldn't have been?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've stayed out of this one. I'll just say this about the BLM shirts. I think the legitimate instances of racial targeting are individual issues. BLM and the left are telling everyone it's systemic, and it makes people think there are more racist cops than there are. With the T-shirt ordeal, it's kinda the same thing. I don't think the rank and file BLM supporter is racist. I would not refuse to serve someone just because they're wearing a BLM tee shirt. Now if they turned around and the back of their shirt said, "**** the police", I'd tell them to leave.

Oh, and this:

Mike Brown, yes. Trayvon no, he wasn't a bad choice. The only thing we can say for certain, is Trayvon would still be alive if Zimmerman hadn't decided to follow him. And before someone says "No, Trayvon would be alive if he hadn't attack Zimmerman," I quash that and say there's no proof as to who attacked who first. So that's just conjecture.

You didn't watch the trial?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There was a trial because of the political mess that came about when he wasn't charged. It was 44 days until he was charged, and only then after a special prosecutor was brought in.

I'm going on my recollections of the trial. It doesn't really matter who started it, does it? Martin was on top of Zimmerman pounding on him. He was found to be innocent, so are you trying to say he shouldn't have been?

Nope, the evidence did not support convicting Zimmerman. I'm fine with the verdict, and have said not enough information was present to convict. But let's not make an aquittal the same as being found innocent.
    Also, I do not challenge that Martin was on top of Zimmerman. But as we have seen in a very recent case, being on the bottom with one (or two) people on top of you, doesn't automatically make you the victim. Anybody that's been in a fight can tell you that.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Nope, the evidence did not support convicting Zimmerman. I'm fine with the verdict, and have said not enough information was present to convict. But let's not make an aquittal the same as being found innocent.
    Also, I do not challenge that Martin was on top of Zimmerman. But as we have seen in a very recent case, being on the bottom with one (or two) people on top of you, doesn't automatically make you the victim. Anybody that's been in a fight can tell you that.

What does any of that have to do with whether or not Zimmerman was justified in defending his life?

If he wasn't the victim then he was not justified in defending his life, now was he?

Or are you telling me that it's legal to pick a fight with someone and then if you start to lose, pull a gun and shoot them?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I've stayed out of this one. I'll just say this about the BLM shirts. I think the legitimate instances of racial targeting are individual issues. BLM and the left are telling everyone it's systemic, and it makes people think there are more racist cops than there are. With the T-shirt ordeal, it's kinda the same thing. I don't think the rank and file BLM supporter is racist. I would not refuse to serve someone just because they're wearing a BLM tee shirt. Now if they turned around and the back of their shirt said, "**** the police", I'd tell them to leave.

Oh, and this:

You didn't watch the trial?

I did watch the trial. What proof is there that Martin attacked Zimmerman unprovoked? Also, I can agree that BLM is wrong in saying that police are all the same, and that systematic oppression is a nationwide issue. But in some places it is.... Not just an individual officer being the problem, but the whole agency and judicial system.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What does any of that have to do with whether or not Zimmerman was justified in defending his life?

If he wasn't the victim then he was not justified in defending his life, now was he?

The ruling did not indicate that Zimmerman was justified in defending his life. It ruled that there was no evidence to prove that he wasn't justified in defending his life. There's a difference.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Common sense matched with a decent heart, will allow any human being to know that Zimmerman and OJ were guilty as sin, no matter what the verdicts were. Unfortunately, we have always existed in times of uncompromising minds and hard hearts, wrapped in all colors of flesh.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Common sense matched with a decent heart, will allow any human being to know that Zimmerman and OJ were guilty as sin, no matter what the verdicts were. Unfortunately, we have always existed in times of uncompromising minds and hard hearts, wrapped in all colors of flesh.

Lol

no

Kinda like reasonable gun control. If I don't agree, I must be unreasonable. Likewise, if I disagree about oj or Zimmerman, then I must not have a decent heart.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Lol

no

Kinda like reasonable gun control. If I don't agree, I must be unreasonable. Likewise, if I disagree about oj or Zimmerman, then I must not have a decent heart.

Well, if you don't believe certain individuals should not be allowed to own a firearm, you do believe in reasonable gun control. If you don't, I would say you have an unreasonable point of view, but there is nothing wrong with differing opinions.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Guess I just can't resist asking a couple of questions. If I read, understood, and can assume the article was factual it was stated the vendor apologized. Apparently that wasn't good enough for some - the city officials and the aggrieved BLM representative. Wonder what would have been satisfactory ?

Secondly, the offended party made this an issue, but then was not the one to receive all the press attention. Perhaps the scenario was scripted ? Wear the shirt, find an entity that will refuse patronage, then report the incident to further the BLM agenda and underscore the overt "rascism" that is pervasive throughout our society.

Too much tin foil hat and conspiracy theory (?). Most likely - but with the media playing each side against the middle to garner more advertising revenue, the premise is promulgated and comes to mind. All media now strive to be first with any headline regardless of the requirement to fully explore all of the facts.

Such a shame most of the populace follows the headline without asking for the whole story.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

I guess I'm a horrible individual for siding with the weight of evidence, thanks for that broad generalization.

Well, if you don't believe certain individuals should not be allowed to own a firearm, you do believe in reasonable gun control. If you don't, I would say you have an unreasonable point of view, but there is nothing wrong with differing opinions.

Common sense and the word "reasonable" are both about relativism and are massively subjective to each individual.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I guess I'm a horrible individual for siding with the weight of evidence, thanks for that broad generalization.

Common sense and the word "reasonable" are both about relativism and are massively subjective to each individual.

I never called you a horrible person and have no reason to do so.

You are right when it comes to "reasonable" being subjective. We all have different experiences that shape our beliefs. The task, from my point of view, is to prevent those negative experiences from making us blind to when we are being unreasonable. I've been there more than a couple of times.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm working black expo. My interactions have been universally more positive and less confrontational then this thread.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm working black expo. My interactions have been universally more positive and less confrontational then this thread.

I think this is the first year I've not seen the "IBE WARNING" thread. I hope all of you continue to have positive integrations down there.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

That's good to hear. I am hoping that this year's black expo might be more calm than some others have been.

Regarding the OP:

I support the right of the vendor to refuse service to whoever for whatever reason. The vendor is not a slave and can not be compelled to labor against their will. (I realize that some laws disagree with me on this.)
    I support the landlord's right to remove the vendor, assuming that this does not violate any contract between landlord and vendor.
    I support the BLM supporter's right to wear their shirt and organize a boycott of the farmer's market.

If I was running a fruit stand and someone with a swastika shirt wanted to buy fruit, I would probably sell it to them.
    If I was running a fruit stand and someone with a star of david shirt wanted to buy fruit, I would probably sell it to them.
    If I was running a fruit stand and someone with an ohio state shirt wanted to buy fruit, I would probably sell it to them.
    If I was running a fruit stand and someone with a BLM shirt wanted to buy fruit, I would probably sell it to them.
    If I was running a fruit stand and someone with a Jesus shirt wanted to buy fruit, I would probably sell it to them.

If I wanted to be offended, there is no doubt I would succeed. Being offended is much easier than selling fruit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom