• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Keep calling anonymously. Except there is no 'anonymously' any more.

Doing anything outside the law means your creating problems for yourself rather than solving them. So, don't do it.

In fact, a strong case can be made that even suggesting on this forum to do something outside the law, or even 'inferring' or 'hinting' that there's "other ways to deal with this", which is obvious advice to do something outside the law, is sufficient to, at the least, get your LTCH yanked. Never know who's watching, heheheh...

If the allegation would be made by some Defense Atty. that they were "only shooting blanks" without spent shells, the SAME defense argument could be made WITH spent shells. So, I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it.

Try and record, call the squads, testify if you see anything.

That b.s. about "Ooo no, don't testify 'cause some times there's bad men out there and they COULD retaliate!" is WHY these dipsticks keep getting away with stuff like this. Because they figure they can scare the law-abiding.
    Didn't the OP say that someone had fired on the side of his house (the room mates were there)? Sounds like this situation has already gone past 'anonymously' to 'retaliation' and that it's time to fortify the house and post an armed watch who can return fire.:xmad:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Didn't the OP say that someone had fired on the side of his house (the room mates were there)? Sounds like this situation has already gone past 'anonymously' to 'retaliation' and that it's time to fortify the house and post an armed watch who can return fire.:xmad:

Yes. They fired into the side of our house that is facing them and through the fence in the backyard. I'm still at work but apparently there was plenty of evidence for the police to collect and photograph. Despite searching the house there were no arrests made or firearms discovered.

One of my roommates is armed and I am not worried about him seeing as I also gave him a box of ammo before I left for work this morning (god forbid it comes to that.)

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN

Sounds great in theory, but how, if they are outside the house, and you (or the watch person) is inside the house, would you suggest returning fire without shooting through a window, or stepping outside. Considering the windows are probably closed, I cant see how either is a great idea.

Being vigilant, and prepared if you have an opportunity presented, and call the police, letting them handle the situation is probably the safest bet.

Until you can get moved away from the offending people, or they go on a taxpayer funded vacation, the best thing I could suggest would be to stay away from rooms facing the direction gunfire is most likely to come from, and/or put a hard barrier between yourself and them. It really sucks that they seem to be making you a prisoner in your own home. Hopefully your situation can improve soon.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Sounds great in theory, but how, if they are outside the house, and you (or the watch person) is inside the house, would you suggest returning fire without shooting through a window, or stepping outside. Considering the windows are probably closed, I cant see how either is a great idea.

Being vigilant, and prepared if you have an opportunity presented, and call the police, letting them handle the situation is probably the safest bet.

Until you can get moved away from the offending people, or they go on a taxpayer funded vacation, the best thing I could suggest would be to stay away from rooms facing the direction gunfire is most likely to come from, and/or put a hard barrier between yourself and them. It really sucks that they seem to be making you a prisoner in your own home. Hopefully your situation can improve soon.
    What I'm willing to do, as far as defense, stops when it becomes illegal or shady. I will do what I have always done with more vigilance and need for security.

I am worried about my roommate directly below me on the first floor. His room faces exactly where this person (or people) are shooting from.

If this continues, I'm sure all three of us can pack some bags and retreat to a safer location until things settle down.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    I'd pack now. Screw waiting to see if the shooting continues. A full magazine into the side of the house? Yeah I'm gone. Especially since LE hasn't been able to do anything.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Very risky approach. Good way to get yourself hurt or get your place vandalized.

I can see how some would feel this way but you have never met us or our friends and neighbors.
    As I have stated many times in this forum, we do not run away but towards the conflict. It got really crazy around here this summer. There is always someone home as we work different hours and everyone is armed. There are several single females surrounding us of all ages and some have children. They know we will be there for them. Recently we have had many new family's move into the area and several are Hispanic. They will not put up with this crap either and we now have a handle on the local thugs. Most are gone.
    If the OP really did have rds. put into his house there has to be something deeper here or the thugs suspect something deeper.
    If the area allows this activity it is truly time to bale out.

Edit...the shooter and the gun are long gone by the time LEO gets to the scene.

Last edited:

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Trail cam or some other type of security camera to video record the action.
    This is a great idea. But, if they unloaded a full mag into the house, what will stop them from shooting out the camera, especially if they see it being installed. This also presupposes they can actually aim the damn things. Oh never mind!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Dude I would contact your landlord and get him to release you from your contract or else he will be liable for any harm that comes to you in the future. I'd be out ASAP even if I had to sleep in my car ( in a different neighborhood).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Putnam County
    I'd probably move out of the city anyways keep you job get a gas mileage car and commute to work no shame in that i drive over an hour to work everyday just glad i cant open up a side window in my house and shake hands with my neighbors.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Perfect. We've got a double barrel grill in the backyard, just saying.

So, The Plan is to host an INGO Open-Carry BBQ in your backyard? Not a bad idea. In fact, you could even issue a neighborly invitation to your neighbors to attend.

It's an idea with some real potential. :D

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Reading this makes me think about what I would do in this situation. Part of me is pissed off, why do these idiots think they can endanger anyones life and just get away with it (as they are). Part of me wants to stand my ground and "fight back" "not give in". Then part of me says, it's just not worth it. Get out of the neighborhood and let it go to hell. Which is why so many neighborhoods have gone to hell, people get out while the gettins good.

The correct answer is probably just get out

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    I have the below system watching over my shop. It only comes with 4 cameras but you can purchase 4 more for a total of 8. What's so nice about this system is you can zoom in cameras to record. You can also hook it up to the Internet so you can watch your property from anywhere including your cell phone.

ttp://m.samsclub.com/ip/79900-after-200-instant-savings-q-see-8-channel-security-system-with-1tb-hard-drive-and-4-hd-720p-ip/prod9130159

Top Bottom