• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not smart advice to a guy asking for real help. Honestly. I would hate to give that advice to someone and see them get killed. I don't follow people who jump off bridges.

Never asked you to follow me anywhere. Him either. Do only what you are capable and comfortable with. There are many older folks around us. We have always seen to their needs even as much as coming in the dark of night when things go bump. We respond much faster than LEO. over the years we have averted a few things but most often it is nothing.
    We have put up with this same crap around here for too long. Simple ways to get things to stop you just have to do them. LEO can not do anything un-less they see it happening. If you trail cam them they are going to find out who you are anyway. Really, putting your head down is one way but getting it to stop can be as simple as everyone in the area writing a letter to them. They will know you are "ALL" watching.
    This has worked around us. If it does not, you do the next thing on the list.
    We have dealt with far more serious actions than a drunk Hispanic shooting his gun in the air. After a while it should be obvious that you are going to have to take some action or it will only escalate.
    Again, it is your area and your decisions. If my family were at risk, well, fill in the blanks.

Carry on.

-CM-

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I love shooting guns but this is going to get someone hurt and I don't want that.

OP , you need to stop being a racist because thinly veiled threats will only lead to needless violence .

YOU need to learn to speak Spanish so YOU can communicate effectively with our brown brothers and sisters .

YOU need to stop YOUR hateful ways and accept that this country IS a melding pot and that ALL of nationalities and cultural practices are accepted .

There are law offices in this very town that offer FREE legal and translation services to our less fortunate fellow countrymen and I'm sure they would love to get involved in what appears to be a clear cut case of discrimination .

YOU need to embrace cultural diversity and realize that we're all better off because of it .

SARCASM folks . I knew this would get a rise out of more than a few .

To be read from the point of view of a libtard .

Last edited:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    OP , you need to stop being a racist because thinly veiled threats will only lead to needless violence .

YOU need to learn to speak Spanish so YOU can communicate effectively with our brown brothers and sisters .

YOU need to stop YOUR hateful ways and accept that this country IS a melding pot and that ALL of nationalities and cultural practices are accepted .

There are law offices in this very town that offer FREE legal and translation services to our less fortunate fellow countrymen and I'm sure they would love to get involved in what appears to be a clear cut case of discrimination .

YOU need to embrace cultural diversity and realize that we're all better off because of it .

I really hope you're joking...

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka

Did you forget your purple ?

I didn't notice an undertone of racism in the OP's post.

The portion that you quoted states that these folks are being reckless with guns, which could lead to someone getting hurt, and he doesn't want someone getting hurt. Seems to be a clear cut case of concern for his brothers/sisters.

The fact that he pointed out their nationality could simply have been to allay the details of communication barrier that exist. I recall he said he wishes he knew spanish so he could go speak to them. How is that racist or hateful ? :dunno:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

I hope you are joking. I will embrace people o different races but I WILL NOT go out of my way to speak another language in my country AMERICA, **** that! We need to make English the official language period. YOU go bend over backwards to talk to people who obviously do not care enough or respect this country enough to learn English. I wouldn't go to France without speaking French and the. Ask them to pay to put things in English for my benefit because I refuse to learn.
    Also if they are Gonna offer amnesty they need to make it a requirement to learn English or pack up.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    If they are all revolvers, 20 shots, no real time in between them....we are talking about SEVERAL pistols here right? Not just a guy with a gun.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    OP - I gave this a lot of thought -

Have you tried Uncooked Rice?
    At the least it would distract them and they might leave you alone. They'd think you were Loopy Loco.
    Fool.gif

You may need to wear your Spiderman Underoos to pull it off though.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    If they are all revolvers, 20 shots, no real time in between them....we are talking about SEVERAL pistols here right? Not just a guy with a gun.

I've seen my neighbors shooting revolvers before but this morning, I did not see since I was asleep, they or someone was shooting something with a much larger caliber.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I wouldn't confront them. If they have no mind about firing guns in the air regularly then what's to say you wouldn't just disappear or get shot and them claim you tried to rob or kill them especially if your armed even if they can't see your piece. It's sad that we live in a age where neighbors can't work things out face to face without fear of death but sadly in the city that's Todays reality. Even in good neighborhoods because that's where all the meth cooks are.
    Keep saving and calling the police if you have too. Cops have many reasons they can take people to jail for and so if they get tired of coming there enough then eventually someone's gonna take a ride and if you have never said anything to the neighbor then they will never know it was you. Keep calling anonymously.

This^^^.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Is moving an option? I mean if we can take that off the table we have a real place to start. You're dealing with armed people that have no issues using those arms. You need to be very careful. Call the cops earlier, if they start getting talked to regularly and before they start shooting you might get them to stop except on new years. People love shooting on new years.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Is moving an option? I mean if we can take that off the table we have a real place to start. You're dealing with armed people that have no issues using those arms. You need to be very careful. Call the cops earlier, if they start getting talked to regularly and before they start shooting you might get them to stop except on new years. People love shooting on new years.

I just talked with an INGO member about renting their double. With this great opportunity it looks like I'll be able to move sometime this year and solve my problem! :D

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    In a crowded urban environment, you can make a case for "D" felony criminal recklessness. Luck of the draw if the prosecutor will file it or not, though.

Video would be useless without corroborating evidence, such as casings or a bullet hole. Defense attorneys are free to lie and insinuate. They were just shooting blanks, your honor, the State has no evidence that real ammunition was being fired or that anyone's safety was in jeopardy...

Simply discharging a firearm is only a citation. I *think* you'd go to environmental court, but I've never written the citation and haven't looked it up. If it does go to environmental court, the fines can be pretty heavy. I don't know if that would be enough to change his mind about happy fire, but if you can't convince a prosecutor to go with Crim Reck, its all you've got.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    In a crowded urban environment, you can make a case for "D" felony criminal recklessness. Luck of the draw if the prosecutor will file it or not, though.

Video would be useless without corroborating evidence, such as casings or a bullet hole. Defense attorneys are free to lie and insinuate. They were just shooting blanks, your honor, the State has no evidence that real ammunition was being fired or that anyone's safety was in jeopardy...

Simply discharging a firearm is only a citation. I *think* you'd go to environmental court, but I've never written the citation and haven't looked it up. If it does go to environmental court, the fines can be pretty heavy. I don't know if that would be enough to change his mind about happy fire, but if you can't convince a prosecutor to go with Crim Reck, its all you've got.

Thank you for the information :thumbsup:

Top Bottom