I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    See what happens when you ask the right questions? :D

I always relate these posts to our own experiences here in my "Hood"
    It is easy to get stirred up about it as we have had to run more than a few idiots out of the area. LEO is helpless so we do not put it on them.
    I am pleased he has an alternative route out of this situation.

Way to go ingo.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I guess I am fortunate, in a way. My closest neighbor is my dad. The next few houses are also relatives. only one person on my road for nearly a mile that isnt related, and known him and his family nearly all my life.
    If Im in my house, I cant usually hear anyone if they are shooting in their yard. Just one of the many reasons I am glad to be out of the city, and back on the family farm.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Keep calling anonymously. Except there is no 'anonymously' any more.

Doing anything outside the law means your creating problems for yourself rather than solving them. So, don't do it.

In fact, a strong case can be made that even suggesting on this forum to do something outside the law, or even 'inferring' or 'hinting' that there's "other ways to deal with this", which is obvious advice to do something outside the law, is sufficient to, at the least, get your LTCH yanked. Never know who's watching, heheheh...

If the allegation would be made by some Defense Atty. that they were "only shooting blanks" without spent shells, the SAME defense argument could be made WITH spent shells. So, I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it.

Try and record, call the squads, testify if you see anything.

That b.s. about "Ooo no, don't testify 'cause some times there's bad men out there and they COULD retaliate!" is WHY these dipsticks keep getting away with stuff like this. Because they figure they can scare the law-abiding.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If the allegation would be made by some Defense Atty. that they were "only shooting blanks" without spent shells, the SAME defense argument could be made WITH spent shells. So, I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it.

Because I can have a crime lab tech testify to the contrary based on an examination of the brass.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    As a possibilty, have you tried asking the Atterbury range officers to go yell at them and correct their issues? :)

Totally sucks, I'd either try to move or weaken your next tree to fall their direction.

Those guys will definitely solve the problem. They scare me haha.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Well the situation just got a lot worse! One of my other two roommates just called and said that about an hour ago someone in the alley unloaded a full magazine into the side of our house...

The police are there and the family gave consent to search the house so they're tearing it apart.

I'm at work now but both of my roommates were home at the time of the shooting.

This just got really hairy.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Maybe someone drew a bulls-eye on the side of your house. :dunno:

I maybe jumping to conclusions here but, I don't think they like you guys.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Maybe someone drew a bulls-eye on the side of your house. :dunno:

I maybe jumping to conclusions here but, I don't think they like you guys.

I wouldn't mind that as much as being shot at for no reason. We've never had interactions with them. Never. Not even eye contact but I people don't need a reason to be dumb.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    There are ways to deal with this but it is a public forum.
    We have a more direct way of approaching these things around here. Had a little Hispanic fella that did the same thing after X amount of his favorite adult beverage. Direct confrontation worked very well. No more gun fire from his house.

Very risky approach. Good way to get yourself hurt or get your place vandalized.

Top Bottom