Will this pass building code inspection ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    images_zpsl5exw5x3.jpg

So, will it pass building code inspection or not?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I beg your pardon? Judgmental people like you are the reason I don't partake of the dialogue here as much as I used to.

I would hope that if we were in the same room, that we could resolve our differences like men - politely and perhaps over a beverage. IF you are interested, PM me and we can make the proper arrangements.

I may have edited that a bit, but I think it conveys the idea. :)

How you picture other INGO members:

T. Lex
    Preview

MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    There are a lot of opinions and local driven standards, but "There is no standard". Outlets can be installed at whatever height is comfortable for the intended use. The only NEC requirement is that you must be within 8 foot of an outlet along any wall. Outlets may no longer be located directly under a window. A common height for a wall outlet is between 12 to 16 inches to the bottom of the device. In rare instances, outlets are still installed in baseboards and in the floor with proper box/covers.

Just my two cents.....

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Back on topic, if you're doing your own work inside of interior structure, you don't even need a permit in the first place, correct?

And most times, if you're not mucking with structural elements, you don't need permitting either.

Our contractor wasn't required to do any permitting when remodeling our kitchen last year (Finished 1 year ago today, actually). And that work included a few more outlets, and new hard-wired lighting.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Originally Posted by Ericpwp View Post
    There are some people out there that don't want their post text searchable. Some delete them, some write in gibberish. 8itching about their posts everytime gets old. Ignore it if you are so deeply offended by it and move on with your lives.

Reported for attempting to bypass the language filter... :)

Is that twice as bad as merely 4itching?

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    There are a lot of opinions and local driven standards, but "There is no standard". Outlets can be installed at whatever height is comfortable for the intended use. The only NEC requirement is that you must be within 8 foot of an outlet along any wall. Outlets may no longer be located directly under a window. A common height for a wall outlet is between 12 to 16 inches to the bottom of the device. In rare instances, outlets are still installed in baseboards and in the floor with proper box/covers.

Just my two cents.....

What is the reasoning for no longer putting outlets under a window? Water intrusion?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom