• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Huge over-reaction to some schmuck trying to sell some junk beef. Do they start pulling out the shotguns and body armor when they see the lawn care guy coming??

You 'sir' are a FOOL !!!

A lady alone at home with a small child. Some unknown jack wagon, ignores no tresspassing signs, then ignores her request to leave, stop, ect multiple times. Personally I would have qued the dog when the a s s hole said "you don't have to be a ***** "

Well done by the OPs wife !!!!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Uncle Jrod;4243608 Since Mom was flying off the handle said:
    Oh and this is total BS. My Brother has a Lab/Rot mix rescue dog that is normally the sweetest dog in the world. One day he had to have the maintenance man come to the appartment where he was living at the time. The dog had been around my brother and his family for a little over a year at this point and was well famililar with the normal coming and goings. As soon as the guy walked in the door the dog went nuts and started to lunge at him. My brother had to hold the dog back and told him to get out. No one was tense, no one was uninvited, and the dog never did that to the old maintenance man. Come to find out later the new maintenance man had been convicted of dealing in controlled substance and armed robbery in the past. The dog could sense he wasnt a good person. The owners of the appartments fired him shortly after because people accused him of stealing from thier appartments. The next time the maitenance man showed up it was again a new person. He was rubbing the dogs belly before he even got in the door.

Dogs can sense the character of a person much better than most people can.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    In the few weeks I have been here on INGO, it has helped me more clearly see the line between "firearms enthusiast" and "gun nut (in the liberal sense)."

Tell ya what, you can leave anytime.

I don't give a rats hind end WHO you are or what your doing. If my wife or I tells you to leave our property and you refuse, suddenly you went from unwanted guest to threat. Its that simple.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Is there more to the difference between a "firearm enthusiast" and a "gun nut" than not carrying and target shooting?
    Would a "firearm enthusiast" never think of using a firearm for self defense?
    Please elaborate.

Apparently the only appropriate use of a firearm to UJrod is poking holes in paper anything beyond that makes you a nut. So training, carrying, defense of life or property all that makes you a nut.

Uncle Jrod

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Haven
    Tell ya what, you can leave anytime.

I don't give a rats hind end WHO you are or what your doing. If my wife or I tells you to leave our property and you refuse, suddenly you went from unwanted guest to threat. Its that simple.

Nah, I'll stick around. I've met some good, level headed folks on here. But there are gonna be some looney tunes on sites like this, too. And they seem to be out in force in this thread. It's kinda funny!

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Those of us who live in the sticks tend to be a little more uptight when strangers come up the drive. That and the dog going into full protect mode would be enough for me. Oh and for the record the only time I'm not armed is when I'm in bed or the shower and even then I have at least one weapon within 3 feet.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Nah, I'll stick around. I've met some good, level headed folks on here. But there are gonna be some looney tunes on sites like this, too. And they seem to be out in force in this thread. It's kinda funny!

If/when it happens to you maybe you will change your tone. There are those of us who choose to be proactive in the defense of our family, ourselves and our property. If you choose not to be I would never call you a nut or a looney tune or anything else. It is solely your choice to be a victim. I simply choose to take any and all advantages I can to minimise the chances of becoming one.

You may be new to INGO but calling out peoples belifes isn't a good way to start making friends around here. INGO is full of some of the best and brightest Indiana has to offer. If you open your mind maybe you will learn somthing from them. But calling us nuts and looney tunes ain't gonna help yue get lernt nuttin.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    so you panic over a guy trying to sell beef? The description sounds like a guy who does this In our local area, he can be annoying but I'm sure all that had to be done was offer to call the police if he refuses to leave.

Sorry, too many people use that as a cover to case properties. In just the last couple weeks someone is doing just that in rural Johnson County and Shelby.

The days of the door to door salesman are GONE...

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    Sorry, too many people use that as a cover to case properties. In just the last couple weeks someone is doing just that in rural Johnson County and Shelby.

The days of the door to door salesman are GONE...
    Spike _351 also seems to forget or ignore location. Remote rural area, 30minutes from any police arriving on scene.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, I've given Uncle Jrod two invitations to explain his views and he seems to have ignored them both.
    Each can make up his/her own mind about it, but he's looking like a troll.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Sounds like Buster almost had a years supply of beef. Good job!

My wife was approached by an alleged "lost" pizza delivery guy with no pizza in his hand and no sign on the roof of his car.

Her words: "If you take one more step, I will drop you where you stand".

He left.

I like women with moxie.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Do they start pulling out the shotguns and body armor when they see the lawn care guy coming??
    I read "remote" and "rural"... You probably aren't gonna find a whole lot of "lawn care services" out there. Just a guess.
    I have a couple other guesses about stuff too, but I think I'm gonna keep those to myself for a bit.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Spike _351 also seems to forget or ignore location. Remote rural area, 30minutes from any police arriving on scene.

Exactly the locations the criminals who have been hitting Shelby and Johnson counties have been hitting.

The only thing I think that should have happened that didn't, was the guy should have been reported to the police.

Otherwise, +1 to the lady.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Well, I've given Uncle Jrod two invitations to explain his views and he seems to have ignored them both.
    Each can make up his/her own mind about it, but he's looking like a troll.

Thats putting it lightly .... :dunno:

Originally Posted by Uncle Jrod
    Do they start pulling out the shotguns and body armor when they see the lawn care guy coming??

You're an a s s, expect to be treated as such.

Can we PLEASE get Neg Rep back..... anyone, anyone, Bueller ????

Top Bottom