• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Why do they push bills like this was the question. My thoughts are immediately two things. First, they're pandering to the groups who are vocal, MDA, Everytown, etc. They're loud and they use emotion to their advantage. Politicians have to at least pretend to listen to them lest they have that energy turned against them. If they don't, they won't get support for their campaign. Second, they have to play the chess game behind the political doors. The horse trading that goes on is just disgusting. I don't think Andre Carson has the firearms knowledge that my son does, and he'll vote whatever he believes is the safe move to keep his job. Unfortunately, that rings true for many. That's the main argument for term limits for Congress, right? If they don't have to do shady things to keep their job, maybe they'll actually do something right.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Caught the last 1/2 hour or so. Went to the VCP website and just felt myself getting dumber and dumber the more I read. Most their info is old and has already been refuted. Glad you brought them up.

Bob

Danno74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2015
    Zionsville
    In my humble opinion those who want gun control also expect the "big brother government" to protect them. However, the Founding Fathers wrote our Constitution with a proviso to prevent a Big Brother Government from usurping total power from the people. It's called the 2nd Amendment. I don't think criminals will ever follow the laws, no matter what is written into them. The only ones who follow them are law abiding citizens. If our guns are confiscated then chaos will reign.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Welcome to INGO, Danno74. Give Shannon Watts our regards if you see her.
    I'm not sure I'm reading that post the same way you are. Is there some other context than a pro 2A one I'm missing? :dunno:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Welcome to INGO, Danno74. Give Shannon Watts our regards if you see her.

I'm not sure I'm reading that post the same way you are. Is there some other context than a pro 2A one I'm missing? :dunno:

Is it possible you're seeing sarcasm that's not there? I think he added that part about SW because of the location in Danno's avatar.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I had the same question. I looked up some of Danno's posts, but they all looked fine. Appears to be just location-based.
    I did the same thing and searched the posts for some other context. I may have mis-read the sarcasm in cbhausen's post. It's early.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just took it to mean that since he is from Zionsville, he might see our favorite needy mom.

Correct you are... No offense intended. Stealth purple.

Guy,
    I enjoyed the show but have a suggestion... One could have thought by your referring to the bill as "the assault weapons ban of 2015" it's getting the same cred as the 1994 AWB, which became law. This should be referred to as "the proposed pseudo-assault weapons ban of 2015" or something similar. Never let the enemy control the dialog or get the upper hand on defining terms, I say.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Guy doesn't really have much of a choice in the matter. It is an official bill and that is it's name.

H.R.4269 - Assault Weapons Ban of 2015

Yeah, I get that... I just want everyone to know this isn't a ban yet and is very unlikely to result in one... This time around. But it's a reminder we must stay vigilant and safeguard our liberties.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom