• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    It falls under 'the pursuit of happiness'. Fail
    Pursuit of happiness isn't in the Bill of Rights. Fail.
    Have to disagree. A second or so before the event in question, the Benz driver moves up on the cyclist, then something sudden happens to make him crash and that something is an input/impulse being applied to his rear wheel. Most drivers of anything who can't hold their lane will subtly steer in the direction they turn their head to look (which is why group rides that include gutter bunnies are so dangerous to one and all and why people steer into the accident off to the side of the road that they're rubber-necking) but won't slow down - plus the distance from whoever/whatever is videoing the event doesn't change which indicates the bicycles speed doesn't change. Cage driver decides to force the issue, and since his tag appears in the video I hope the cyclist sues the **** out of him

As far as extra points awarded for hubris, the Benz driver seems blissfully unaware that he is already a stench in EVERYBODY'S nostrils by the mere fact he is towing a caravan
    I have to disagree, the driver is moving over, the rider looks back and veers over into the car. Quite possibly because as you said people tend to steer in the direction that they are looking.
    I believe it is already being extrapolated to alibi stoners behind the wheel because; freedom and 'it's just a plant that's been used for thousands of years (and ignoring the fact the usual strawman argument - alcohol - has likely been used even longer) :rolleyes:
    Stoners behind the wheel? Can you cite that please?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    For some reason they feel entitled to be able to impede the flow of traffic.
    Because by law they are entitled. The ones not entitled are those that think they are too important to be delayed a few seconds by slower but legal vehicles. Funny how people love to throw around the adjective that became but forget the era at the root of it.

entitle​

verb

en·ti·tle in-ˈtī-tᵊl
    en-

entitled; entitling in-ˈtī-tᵊl-iŋ
    -ˈtīt-liŋ,

en-
    Synonyms of entitle
    transitive verb
    : to give a title to : DESIGNATE

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    A bike is a vehicle but has a safe pass distance of three feet, therefore the motor vehicle is at fault from the little video we can see…
    From the video it's hard to tell, was the rider originally near the line like the rider behind him when the car started to pass? From just that short clip if I was on a jury I'd say both were at fault and they are both responsible for their own costs.

And that brings me to another question, why do bikes get a minimum of 3'? No other vehicles or pedestrians have that, that I know of.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    From the video it's hard to tell, was the rider originally near the line like the rider behind him when the car started to pass? From just that short clip if I was on a jury I'd say both were at fault and they are both responsible for their own costs.

And that brings me to another question, why do bikes get a minimum of 3'? No other vehicles or pedestrians have that, that I know of.
    I have read the laws were instituted because motorists in vehicles cannot judge distance and pass too close so if one hits a cyclist there is an additional count they may face…

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I have read the laws were instituted because motorists in vehicles cannot judge distance and pass too close so if one hits a cyclist there is an additional count they may face…
    Still doesn't answer why pedestrians or other types of vehicles don't have the same protection. And it's what a class 3 infraction? I'm sure if the motor vehicle was at fault there are other things that they could be charged with.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Still doesn't answer why pedestrians or other types of vehicles don't have the same protection. And it's what a class 3 infraction? I'm sure if the motor vehicle was at fault there are other things that they could be charged with.
    I do not know it doesn’t apply to pedestrians, do you? I said additional charge.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If you ride like a dickhead and get crashed these people win. They want you to be out in the road exercising your "right" to impede traffic so they have income. That is WINNING! Now if these lawyers only take cases pro bono then I am wrong.
    Do you work for free? What does the lawyer representing clients have to do with the court findings? Court findings that the the cop was wrong and cyclists were right…

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Do you work for free? What does the lawyer representing clients have to do with the court findings? Court findings that the the cop was wrong and cyclists were right…
    My point is I don't take info from ambulance chasers. Now what is your point cause I sure as hell don't know. :cool:

Top Bottom