• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    View attachment 312321

So this is kind of what the real thing looks like, except we never ride more than four

How can these people 'pull over and let you by'

Why don't you have enough room to get around them with minimal fuss by just taking two wheels over the yellow - as you're allowed to do by the IC - and using your faster speed to get on down the road?

Probably 60 feet of cyclists. they'll be doing no more than 20 mph/29.3 fps. If you come upon them at 55 mph/ 80.7 fps it will take you at most 1.16 second s to pass them during which you will travel 93.6 feet to do so. You have sufficient sightline in this photo to do that easily and safely, but I'm sure you'll eventually be back to tell me how no, the cyclists must give way in some weird form of obeisance to your twisted idea of what sharing the road actually means
    I don't see any issues.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    View attachment 312321

So this is kind of what the real thing looks like, except we never ride more than four

How can these people 'pull over and let you by'

Why don't you have enough room to get around them with minimal fuss by just taking two wheels over the yellow - as you're allowed to do by the IC - and using your faster speed to get on down the road?

Probably 60 feet of cyclists. they'll be doing no more than 20 mph/29.3 fps. If you come upon them at 55 mph/ 80.7 fps it will take you at most 1.16 second s to pass them during which you will travel 93.6 feet to do so. You have sufficient sightline in this photo to do that easily and safely, but I'm sure you'll eventually be back to tell me how no, the cyclists must give way in some weird form of obeisance to your twisted idea of what sharing the road actually means
    In that photo i can see pretty far. Even what’s reasonably around the curve for quite a ways. No trees to block the view. The cyclists are single file and closer to the edge. There are only a half dozen of them. I’d have no problem. I wouldn’t need to slow down to get around them, but would anyway to be courteous. Those guys aren’t dickheads.

Okay. So what about a curvy, hilly road in the woods? Imagine a dozen or more bikes in the group where they’re 2-4 abreast, and the road is such that you can’t see in front of the lead riders and sometimes can’t see the rider? Going uphill, they’re going maybe 8-10mph at best. That happens, and that’s what gets me frustrated at riders. Those guys ARE the dickheads.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Okay. So what about a curvy, hilly road in the woods? Imagine a dozen or more bikes in the group where they’re 2-4 abreast, and the road is such that you can’t see in front of the lead riders and sometimes can’t see the rider? Going uphill, they’re going maybe 8-10mph at best. That happens, and that’s what gets me frustrated at riders.
    I know, show the man on the doll where it hurts. If it is roads that are curvy, hilly, and in the woods it is unlikely there is anywhere to even pull off, which is why the laws are written that after three cars are behind the bikes they should let them by as soon as practicable

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I know, show the man on the doll where it hurts. If it is roads that are curvy, hilly, and in the woods it is unlikely there is anywhere to even pull off, which is why the laws are written that after three cars are behind the bikes they should let them by as soon as practicable

Oh good grief. This is just common ****ing sense. We're talking about dickheads who aren't obeying the law. But regardless, if you're in the ****ing way, no matter what kind of vehicle you're driving, riding or whatever, as soon as it is safe to do so, get the **** out of the way, or help the traffic pass you. If you think that you should be able to go on for miles holding people up, you're the *******. But I suspect you know better, and this is just you saying whatever to defend the tribe.

I dunno. Maybe you're unaware of roads in that kind of terrain. Lots of roads that are curvy, hilly, and in the woods, have other roads that branch off of them. Hell, there's even a park. There are places that bikes could pull off the road, and let traffic by. I mean. What are you saying here? That if you have a line of cars behind you because there isn't a safe place for them to pass, blind hills and curves and whatnot, but there is a safe place to pull off and let them by, you saying you wouldn't?

It's not just one bike I'm talking about. That's not a big deal unless they're holding a 3 foot sign to make some ******* point. You get a dozen or more bikes in a group and now it's far enough that I can't see beyond them to know if there's a car coming.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    800px_COLOURBOX1236720.jpg

Refuses to move, says you are being unreasonable wanting to get around... same energy.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In that photo i can see pretty far. Even what’s reasonably around the curve for quite a ways. No trees to block the view. The cyclists are single file and closer to the edge. There are only a half dozen of them. I’d have no problem. I wouldn’t need to slow down to get around them, but would anyway to be courteous. Those guys aren’t dickheads.

Okay. So what about a curvy, hilly road in the woods? Imagine a dozen or more bikes in the group where they’re 2-4 abreast, and the road is such that you can’t see in front of the lead riders and sometimes can’t see the rider? Going uphill, they’re going maybe 8-10mph at best. That happens, and that’s what gets me frustrated at riders. Those guys ARE the dickheads.
    D'accord! But just how often are you actually encountering that particular situation?

Sounds pretty '80 year old black grandmothers who don't drive' to me

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Oh no! He fell down...............

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    D'accord! But just how often are you actually encountering that particular situation?

Sounds pretty '80 year old black grandmothers who don't drive' to me
    I'm not sure why they picked this road. But they've been riding here for the past several years. I have no idea if it's the same group.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh no! He fell down...............

Huh. Looks like more than 3 cars were stacked up behind him.

Seriously, I think those guys are trusting their lives to the human attention span riding like that. You can be right. And you can also be dead right.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Oh good grief. This is just common ****ing sense. We're talking about dickheads who aren't obeying the law. But regardless, if you're in the ****ing way, no matter what kind of vehicle you're driving, riding or whatever, as soon as it is safe to do so, get the **** out of the way, or help the traffic pass you. If you think that you should be able to go on for miles holding people up, you're the *******. But I suspect you know better, and this is just you saying whatever to defend the tribe.

I dunno. Maybe you're unaware of roads in that kind of terrain. Lots of roads that are curvy, hilly, and in the woods, have other roads that branch off of them. Hell, there's even a park. There are places that bikes could pull off the road, and let traffic by. I mean. What are you saying here? That if you have a line of cars behind you because there isn't a safe place for them to pass, blind hills and curves and whatnot, but there is a safe place to pull off and let them by, you saying you wouldn't?

It's not just one bike I'm talking about. That's not a big deal unless they're holding a 3 foot sign to make some ******* point. You get a dozen or more bikes in a group and now it's far enough that I can't see beyond them to know if there's a car coming.
    Maybe if you had more real life experience you would know more about cycling. Your entitled attitude on the road is dangerous. People with the attitude expressed in this post are part of why I quit road riding. Define pulling off the road?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Huh. Looks like more than 3 cars were stacked up behind him.

Seriously, I think those guys are trusting their lives to the human attention span riding like that. You can be right. And you can also be dead right.
    Not enough info to make any determination unless you use your bias to decide…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe if you had more real life experience you would know more about cycling. Your entitled attitude on the road is dangerous. People with the attitude expressed in this post are part of why I quit road riding. Define pulling off the road?
    I can always tell when you get butthurt. :): My entitled attitude? Don't make it so hard. Just let the faster vehicles pass. You said yourself it's the law. I've seen these groups hold up a half dozen cars and they still take up the road. That's pure dickheadery.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I can always tell when you get butthurt. :): My entitled attitude? Don't make it so hard. Just let the faster vehicles pass. You said yourself it's the law. I've seen these groups hold up a half dozen cars and they still take up the road. That's pure dickheadery.
    You are acting entitled because you cannot be patient until it is safe to pass. Define what you mean by pulling off the road?

Top Bottom