• Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I’m sure they have their place.
    Not too many chain machines doing tile work compared to wheel machines in our heavier clay and large rocks.
    My Hydromaxx digs a 21” wide trench minimum, up to 7’ deep. Moves about 40’ a minute 3-5’ deep. 9.5’ wide, about 40’ long, so I don’t know about your cute little baby ditch witch!
    No I am not calling your sister names!!
    Its tough on the homeowners lawn and landscaping with a wheel machine. really hard on 36-42" gate opening.

They do Ok, last I heard they had 7-8,000 installs they maintained,
    They will install irrigation up to a shopping center and football fields.
    They bring water in, you take it out.

21" minimum or maxium wide?
    What size tile do you normally install in a agg field?
    I thought most most I see is flex 6" or 8"

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Its tough on the homeowners lawn and landscaping with a wheel machine. really hard on 36-42" gate opening.

They do Ok, last I heard they had 7-8,000 installs they maintained,
    They will install irrigation up to a shopping center and football fields.
    They bring water in, you take it out.

21" minimum or maxium wide?
    What size tile do you normally install in a agg field?
    I thought most most I see is flex 6" or 8"
    21” minimum. Wider teeth and bigger boot I can put up to 18” Smoothcore rigid 10’ long sticks in. So that machine puts in anything from 4” to 18”, with 6 and 8 most common, sized to handle acres drained.
    Have a tile plow that just puts in 4”, typically every 40’ to 60’ across the field.
    So an 80 acre field might have 60,000 feet in it.

Attachments

• IMG_4711.jpeg
      IMG_4711.jpeg
      668.9 KB · Views: 6

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    As a cyclist, what fuel tax or special fuel tax do you pay?
    As a cyclist, what vehicle registration fees do you pay?

Those things are only paid by motorists. Cyclists don't pay them. If cyclists also own motor vehicles, they have paid those taxes and fees because of the use of their motor vehicles on the roads, not because of the use of their bicycles. Trying to force this point really just implies that you don't intend to have a sincere discussion on the matter of motor vehicles and bicycles sharing the roads.
    One of us isn't sincere, but it isn't me

The screed 'discussion' was about how cyclists haven't paid to build the roads so should not have the right to be on them irritating people who have no sense of proportion

The rebuttal is that virtually all cyclists will be found to ALSO be motor vehicle owners, thus having indeed paid for the building of the roads. As I mentioned, many (cyclist+motor vehicle owners) also buy gas for ICE yard maintenance tools, which also helps fund the roads

There is not some hat you wear when you pay the piper that declares you are at that time only a motor vehicle owner. I purchase my license and registration online and receive them through the mail. Does that mean I'm only a user when I pay those fees, not a motor vehicle owner?

If you wish to argue only motor vehicle owners HAVE to pay those fees (which would be more accurate), and the concern is only about people using the roads who haven't paid for them, what about the people in your household who drive the cars but haven't paid those fees? Are you going to argue that the fees that whoever the vehicles are registered to paid should cover ALL people who might use the roads in those vehicles? If so, then explain why the fees I paid when I was wearing my motor vehicle owner's hat shouldn't cover my cyclist self using the road even though I wasn't wearing my cyclist hat when I paid those fees

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And Chip, we haven't even begun to deal with all of those Kayakists and Canoeists who aren't required to pay watercraft fees but are using the boat ramps and launch facilities that those who are required to pay fees have funded

I'm sure you are just as incensed about that! It is after all just about non-payment of taxes and fees by users of public facilities, yes? I would NEVER believe that you have latched onto the tax angle vis a vis cyclists as a cover for criticizing an inconvenience you disapprove of. Surely you are more principled than that, so whether kayakers or canoeists have gotten in your way personally shouldn't be the deciding factor, it must be the principle of no free riders governs

And let's not even go into the taxes fedgov extracts from me to fund ATC, TSA, FAA and 90% of airport construction just so people who fly a lot can have comfortable, safe secure and all whether departure or arrival point. Surely you don't believe the fees levied on airplane tickets come anywhere near offsetting the costs, do you? Just like license and registration and gas taxes come no where near completely funding the roads so obviously even non-motor vehicle owners are on the hook for you wheeled privilege

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    21” minimum. Wider teeth and bigger boot I can put up to 18” Smoothcore rigid 10’ long sticks in. So that machine puts in anything from 4” to 18”, with 6 and 8 most common, sized to handle acres drained.
    Have a tile plow that just puts in 4”, typically every 40’ to 60’ across the field.
    So an 80 acre field might have 60,000 feet in it.
    Thanks.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    One of us isn't sincere, but it isn't me

The screed 'discussion' was about how cyclists haven't paid to build the roads so should not have the right to be on them irritating people who have no sense of proportion

The rebuttal is that virtually all cyclists will be found to ALSO be motor vehicle owners, thus having indeed paid for the building of the roads. As I mentioned, many (cyclist+motor vehicle owners) also buy gas for ICE yard maintenance tools, which also helps fund the roads

There is not some hat you wear when you pay the piper that declares you are at that time only a motor vehicle owner. I purchase my license and registration online and receive them through the mail. Does that mean I'm only a user when I pay those fees, not a motor vehicle owner?

If you wish to argue only motor vehicle owners HAVE to pay those fees (which would be more accurate), and the concern is only about people using the roads who haven't paid for them, what about the people in your household who drive the cars but haven't paid those fees? Are you going to argue that the fees that whoever the vehicles are registered to paid should cover ALL people who might use the roads in those vehicles? If so, then explain why the fees I paid when I was wearing my motor vehicle owner's hat shouldn't cover my cyclist self using the road even though I wasn't wearing my cyclist hat when I paid those fees
    No. This whole rabbit trail started when someone (Ingomike, I think?) suggested that motor vehicle drivers should pay more to have their own dedicated lanes on public roads. (After claiming that cyclists are responsible for roads (historically) being built because of cyclists in the first place.)

How many times do I have to say that I am fine with cyclists on public roads, that I believe they have a right to be there, and that my primary concern is that they follow traffic regulations and uphold their responsibilities on those roads, just as they assert their rights?

And why do you keep avoiding the fact that cyclists without motor vehicles do not pay any of the taxes or fees that fund the building or maintenance of public roads?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    And Chip, we haven't even begun to deal with all of those Kayakists and Canoeists who aren't required to pay watercraft fees but are using the boat ramps and launch facilities that those who are required to pay fees have funded

I'm sure you are just as incensed about that! It is after all just about non-payment of taxes and fees by users of public facilities, yes? I would NEVER believe that you have latched onto the tax angle vis a vis cyclists as a cover for criticizing an inconvenience you disapprove of. Surely you are more principled than that, so whether kayakers or canoeists have gotten in your way personally shouldn't be the deciding factor, it must be the principle of no free riders governs

And let's not even go into the taxes fedgov extracts from me to fund ATC, TSA, FAA and 90% of airport construction just so people who fly a lot can have comfortable, safe secure and all whether departure or arrival point. Surely you don't believe the fees levied on airplane tickets come anywhere near offsetting the costs, do you? Just like license and registration and gas taxes come no where near completely funding the roads so obviously even non-motor vehicle owners are on the hook for you wheeled privilege
    :rolleyes:

Sure. Keep pretending I've taken that stance. It makes your posts that much more righteous!

Straw-manning is fun!

Top Bottom