642fa7b0c1241.jpeg
    They're not on the road
    I like it

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So you're saying he was wearing a helmet?

He said he was, just not in that clip:

"I'm thankful for all the doctors, nurses and staff at Lawerence + Memorial Hospital in New London who looked after me and checked me out, but most thankful for my helmet that saved my life." - Ramsay

Photo of helmet:

9d3256c6fb0f0f433f688172b0ed0a0f

He went down hard...

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Driver was drunk and is in more than a heap of trouble but the cyclist is LUCKY to be alive.. He had a right to be on the road but that didn't protect him from serious injury. Just saying, do what you want but know that the driver being in the wrong will be little consolation if you are injured or worse.. In firearms terms there's a loaded gun pointed at your head every time you are on the road and someone else's finger is on the trigger.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/benjamin-hylander-arrest-man-slams-into-cyclists-in-dallas-texas

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Driver was drunk and is in more than a heap of trouble but the cyclist is LUCKY to be alive.. He had a right to be on the road but that didn't protect him from serious injury. Just saying, do what you want but know that the driver being in the wrong will be little consolation if you are injured or worse.. In firearms terms there's a loaded gun pointed at your head every time you are on the road and someone else's finger is on the trigger.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/benjamin-hylander-arrest-man-slams-into-cyclists-in-dallas-texas
    Like I often say, you can be right. But you can also be dead right.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd rather just go in my sleep. I mean, like not tonight. Like some night 30 years from now. Or maybe 20. Not sure I want to be that old.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I wonder what the crossover is between semi drivers who take 15+ miles to pass and and cyclists?

Maybe we should have cyclists wear a yellow sprocket on their outer most garment so we can identify them when they aren't on their toys.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I wonder what the crossover is between semi drivers who take 15+ miles to pass and and cyclists?

Maybe we should have cyclists wear a yellow sprocket on their outer most garment so we can identify them when they aren't on their toys.
    More likely to be one of those that sit in the left lane in a car than a semi. Afterall, they are going X speed, no one needs to go faster than they choose to.

Top Bottom