• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I am very much a 'walk away because I'd rather not escalate this to the point I have to kill you' sort of person....but the only time an adult stranger yelled at my son, making him cry when he was about 7, they ended up crying themselves, and I never touched them. I guarantee you nobody would have to be trying to identify the guy if it were me. Actions have consequences, I'm willing to pay them in this instance. Are you?

That is uncalled for and the cyclist should be found and prosecuted. Is that all riders? Or is this like a video of the punk that shot himself in the head showing off his guns as representative of gun owners?

It also is indicative of a fact I called out earlier in this thread that no matter where cyclist go on roads @jamil and others don't want them there because they are too slow, while others don’t want them on multi-use trails because they are too fast and require other users to pay attention...

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The first of the things they ask for in discovery is social media access in a lawsuit, this will all cook you if it ever comes to that, which I hope you do not ever injure someone to the pointe that discovery is necessary. Then your video will complete the case and you will have no one to insure you further…
    Wow, is that how it works?
    I wouldn't have known that, even after having a wife thats an Attorney.
    And another one living with me the past 14 years.
    Thanks Mike!!!!

I'll just call "The General" if the need arises.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It also is indicative of a fact I called out earlier in this thread that no matter where cyclist go on roads @jamil and others don't want them there because they are too slow, while others don’t want them on multi-use trails because they are too fast and require other users to pay attention...

Weird. It's...almost like...people hate cyclists.

Maybe you should start a thread on that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If one spits on you the law says that is assault, if one discharges a fire extinguisher on you that is assault, but discharging diesel smoke and particulate matter is fun? Come on INGO, you can do better than that.

See? You prove my point.

Yes. It's ***damn funny. It's not fun to be the recipient, obviously. Just like the video of the Karen HOA dude getting powdered, fake or not.

But, c'mon INGO, be better. :rolleyes:

Lighten up man. Humor is a lifeline to sanity and survival. If you don't see the humor in things you grow in bitterness, and die a grumpy old man. When it's my time, I'm going out laughing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That is uncalled for and the cyclist should be found and prosecuted. Is that all riders? Or is this like a video of the punk that shot himself in the head showing off his guns as representative of gun owners?

You mad bruh? :):

C'mon man. At least pay some homage to reality. My position has always been ride safely and pragmatically. Anything beyond that is poking fun at people who take things to seriously.

Bunching up in a pack on a busy road, taking up the whole lane, with a long line of cars behind you, may be within your legal rights, but is not safe. Letting cars pass safely may not satisfy your ego or grudges, but it's safer. It's pragmatic. Choosing to ride places that are safer, may not satisfy your ego or grudges, but no one gets ran over. But if you guys keep on, at least we'll have videos to laugh at. :dunno:

Last edited:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    LOL, My smom was born and raised in company owned housing in Page, WV.
    As a kid, I called her a Hill Monkey Once...
    I'm a half breed buckeye from the Dayton area. Dad was a rural buckeye blue collar redneck. Mom was from the poorest county in eastern Kentucky. My grandparents in KY lived in a four room shack with one sink in the kitchen, coal stove for heat and an outhouse. They upgraded to a single wide trailer in the 80's, after their land was strip mined. Lots of pill-billies and white trash bad decision drama all around them. Taught me everything I needed to know about ignorant mentality and stupid behavour.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    See? You prove my point.

Yes. It's ***damn funny. It's not fun to be the recipient, obviously. Just like the video of the Karen HOA dude getting powdered, fake or not.

But, c'mon INGO, be better. :rolleyes:

Lighten up man. Humor is a lifeline to sanity and survival. If you don't see the humor in things you grow in bitterness, and die a grumpy old man. When it's my time, I'm going out laughing.
    Apparently INGO cannot do better. And you prove my point, you and others are just as ridiculous as the anti-gunners saying the same things. I don’t see much lightening up and humor in that thread. I see folks defending their rights against those that profess to take them away…

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I'm a half breed buckeye from the Dayton area. Dad was a rural buckeye blue collar redneck. Mom was from the poorest county in eastern Kentucky. My grandparents in KY lived in a four room shack with one sink in the kitchen, coal stove for heat and an outhouse. They upgraded to a single wide trailer in the 80's, after their land was strip mined. Lots of pill-billies and white trash bad decision drama all around them. Taught me everything I needed to know about ignorant mentality and stupid behavour.
    Yep, I have a bunch of step hill monkeys all through out WV. A few still work in the mines. My s mom got a ride into DC as a teen and never looked back.
    My birth mom was born and raised in Cotton Plant, Miss
    My Dad met and married her with in a few weeks. My Dad dropped her off at my grand father's house and headed back to where he was station in VA.
    My g father drove trolly cars in DC had a brick house in Bethesda, my mom wrote home and told her mother she was living in the Promised Land. She still giggles when she tells that to people.
    How we have changed.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Bunching up in a pack on a busy road, taking up the whole lane, with a long line of cars behind you, may be within your legal rights, but is not safe

Letting cars pass safely may not satisfy your ego or grudges, but it's safer. It's pragmatic.
    You continue to ignore the fact that in many cases people are more like this thread than you care to admit. When given room to pass safely, they will not do so (how close they pass in their fit of pique gives rise to the term 'breezing'). I can do my part, but if someone is so unbalanced that having to slow a bit and wait perhaps 10 seconds and move a bit over the centerline to pass safely puts them over the edge they are a mad dog and need to be treated accordingly
    Choosing to ride places that are safer, may not satisfy your ego or grudges, but no one gets ran over. But if you guys keep on, at least we'll have videos to laugh at. :dunno:
    This is akin to the old canard of blaming the woman for being raped because she was somewhere she 'wasn't supposed to be'

The question is, if I have video evidence you tried to run me down, is that an 'articulable fear of death or great bodily harm'. Hopefully your feeling of invincibility because of the mass and power of your vehicle never meets someone who is done playing around

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I am saying you are right and roundabout research has proven it correct. If you think the majority of motor vehicles do complete stops you are not watching close enough…
    Cool. Give those drivers tickets, too.

We have a Hendricks Co sheriff deputy that sits at our community pool on occasion, doing exactly that, because of the prevalence of people seeding down our main road and blowing the stop sign - right at the location of the community pool where people/families/kids are most likely to be put at risk.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Another “GTF outta the way” post from @jamil , just cannot share the road.
    What @jamil describes (a bicyclist holding up a long line of cars) is not, by any reasonable or objective standard, "sharing" the road.

That you continue to dig your heels in on this one is a big part of why little common ground seems to be found here. Your posts imply that you think that motor vehicles bear 100% of the responsibility and burden to "share" the road, while bicyclists bear zero responsibility and zero burden. Perhaps that's not what you intend, but it is very much how it comes across.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    "I'm too fast for shared use trails, too slow for shared use roads, but insist everyone else is the problem. I insist you regard my safety over your own convenience and efficiency, but insist my convenience and efficiency trump your safety. I'll pretend to be some oppressed minority, maybe flirt with equating my position with a sexual assault victim or people subjected to genocide, if my behavior is called in to question. I'll twist anything said that contradicts my point enough it's obvious a rationale conversation isn't possible, let alone desirable. I've chosen the stupidest thing to insert tribalism in to, any critique of 'my people' must be defended to the death and the speaker must be belittled on baseless assumptions. I can't understand why people hate me. Who am I?" - World's easiest riddle.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What @jamil describes (a bicyclist holding up a long line of cars) is not, by any reasonable or objective standard, "sharing" the road.
    The simple fact “of a long line of cars” is not enough information to make any kind of determination without additional facts. But to those that hate cyclists it is usually plenty.

That you continue to dig your heels in on this one is a big part of why little common ground seems to be found here. Your posts imply that you think that motor vehicles bear 100% of the responsibility and burden to "share" the road, while bicyclists bear zero responsibility and zero burden. Perhaps that's not what you intend, but it is very much how it comes across.
    I continue to dig my heels in on the suggestion that bikes should not be allowed on the roads, should not be on certain roads, that cyclists have an affirmative obligation to get out of the motor vehicles way. The cyclist has the responsibility to allow traffic to pass at the first practicable location, the cyclist, and only the cyclist determines when that is. Everyone has responsibilities drivers and cyclists alike.

I also believe that rolling coal on a person is assault.

Top Bottom