• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It's like lawyers. It's the 97% that make the other 3% look bad.

547147b3-bf2d-48e0-95a4-55f2c81a5526_text.gif

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    But apparently, can't call out cyclists behavior.
    For some reason
    That is not what a majority of posts are, they are either attempting to make fun of safety or practical things or say cyclists should not be on the roads, and are using bicycle users, (a DUI guy using a bike for example) as a cudgel against cyclists that try to ride right.

Just like a lot of pictures of a guy carrying a gun there likely is more to the story, but many of these posts sound just like what anti-gunners say as I have been demonstrating.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    View attachment 358624
    Beautiful ride today on the Nickel Plate trail from Rochester to Denver and back. Thirty-three miles total. Very little traffic in the town of Denver, IN.

Met a guy who drove down from Michigan to ride the NPT. Indiana is blessed to have many rail/trails in various parts of the state. Wish there were more trails that connected most of the small towns in Indiana.
    I’m on the Nickle Plate almost every week sometime. Usually get some eats in Peru, Denver has a great little diner in town. And Rochester has two great places to eat and easy to ride to from end of trail.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Helmet, glasses, rear view mirrors, to name a couple…
    I miss the days when I'd have on cut-offs, t-shirt and sneakers. That's what I wore when I was cycling. Although we didn't really call it cycling back then. It was just "riding our bikes" to get where we wanted to go.

I actually did go on a 20 mile CIBA (IYKYK) ride back then, on my Schwinn Continental. :thumbsup:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I miss the days when I'd have on cut-offs, t-shirt and sneakers. That's what I wore when I was cycling. Although we didn't really call it cycling back then. It was just "riding our bikes" to get where we wanted to go.

I actually did go on a 20 mile CIBA (IYKYK) ride back then, on my Schwinn Continental. :thumbsup:
    That was a Beast, I had a 3 speed, Raleigh Record as a kid. With a Brooks seat I'll have you know!!!!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I’m on the Nickle Plate almost every week sometime. Usually get some eats in Peru, Denver has a great little diner in town. And Rochester has two great places to eat and easy to ride to from end of trail.
    I came back home through Windfall a few weeks ago, for the reason to get an ice cream.
    Of course, they were closed. I had to slum in Elwood...

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Never heard of Windfall. Had to look it up on map. I don’t get near either of those places on the trail…lol.
    When I lived in Greentown, one of my weekly training rides was to Windfall. The other ones went to either Fairmount, Russiaville, Converse or Swayzee, (only one in the world). It was all done on back country roads that carried limited traffic.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    When I lived in Greentown, one of my weekly training rides was to Windfall. The other ones went to either Fairmount, Russiaville, Converse or Swayzee, (only one in the world). It was all done on back country roads that carried limited traffic.
    All great towns to stop in for a break in the ride. Same on the east side of I 69, from Eden/Matthews to Van Buren/Warren.

Top Bottom