• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    This is, legitimately, the #1 reason I no longer own motorcycles. I don't care who's right. I'd just rather not be crippled, brain damaged, etc with the satisfaction I was right. "Other drivers should...." is irrelevant since I can't control them. The reward of the bike wasn't worth the risk of the ride to me any longer, though I don't fault anyone who sees it the other way.
    Thank you, its just so simple to understand.
    When on a motorcycle I tend to really pay attention to the elderly and the a hole in the jacked up truck with the Harley Davidson stickers on the back window. They will pull out in front of a motorcycle in a second like its business as normal.
    I tend to ride more on the highways over having more room between all of us and less interactions at intersections with traffic every 1/2 to a mile all the way where I'm going.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Thank you, its just so simple to understand.
    When on a motorcycle I tend to really pay attention to the elderly and the a hole in the jacked up truck with the Harley Davidson stickers on the back window. They will pull out in front of a motorcycle in a second like its business as normal.
    I tend to ride more on the highways over having more room between all of us and less interactions at intersections with traffic every 1/2 to a mile all the way where I'm going.

I think I may still have a bike if I was still in Scott Co. Lightly traveled county roads are way more fun than the Indy area. Too crowded, nothing to see, nothing to smell that you want to, and the effing potholes. So many effing potholes.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    In before someone tells us that train tracks were originally designed for bicycle traffic... ;)

rail-bike-folding-outriggers_0.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is, legitimately, the #1 reason I no longer own motorcycles. I don't care who's right. I'd just rather not be crippled, brain damaged, etc with the satisfaction I was right. "Other drivers should...." is irrelevant since I can't control them. The reward of the bike wasn't worth the risk of the ride to me any longer, though I don't fault anyone who sees it the other way.
    One advantage of motorcycling as well as bicycling is they keep your 'trust no one, anyone at all might wind up killing me' senses sharp

But as a LEO, you probably get plenty of practice in that respect without the added two-wheel risk

Top Bottom