• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Passed 5 cyclists yesterday in my lane with a perfect bike lane 5 feet off the road. I showed em pass with less than a foot between us and 3 feet between me and the cars on the other side of the double yellow. Was exhilarating

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I got hit by a car that ran a stop sign when I was going to U of L. I have lingering effects today, some 20 years later. There's no winners in that video, regardless of how much the SUV driver does or doesn't pay out.
    Been there done that and have the scars to prove it, there are no winners there is for sure.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not True, Gross Tonnage Always Wins.
    Maybe you should talk with those that were drivIng vehicles and were in a fatality or maiming situation whether involving a bike or not, or at fault or not, those I have met certainly are not cavalier to it. Many need counseling and help to get over it.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Maybe you should talk with those that were drivIng vehicles and were in a fatality or maiming situation whether involving a bike or not, or at fault or not, those I have met certainly are not cavalier to it. Many need counseling and help to get over it.
    Thats illrelivent, the simple fact is
    Gross Tonnage Always Wins.
    I fully understand that simple fact everytime I climb on a motorcycle and go for a ride.
    If most bicyclists truly understood that basic fact that when hit by a car or truck, it ****ing hurts. Or might not hurt at all.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I fully understand that simple fact everytime I climb on a motorcycle and go for a ride.
    If most bicyclists truly understood that basic fact that when hit by a car or truck, it ****ing hurts. Or might not hurt at all.
    It depends what game you're playing. If you're playing the game of who wins the physical game, gross tonnage always wins. If you're playing the game of who wins the financial game, tonnage is a bit irrelevant.

Who is going to win the Who's Gonna Pay for the other's damages game? I suspect the hospital bill could be fat.

Which is bass ackwards IMHO. Everyone knows. The cyclist is always wrong. After he gets out of the hospital and his writing hand heals enough to write a check, he should pay for the scratches on the driver's front bumper and then offer to rake his leaves this fall.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Maybe you missed the sympathy or empathy line when you were created, others are not so flippant.

So restated ‘I am super smart and understand but still get on a motorcycle but bicyclists are idiots for not understanding”. Got it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

This is, legitimately, the #1 reason I no longer own motorcycles. I don't care who's right. I'd just rather not be crippled, brain damaged, etc with the satisfaction I was right. "Other drivers should...." is irrelevant since I can't control them. The reward of the bike wasn't worth the risk of the ride to me any longer, though I don't fault anyone who sees it the other way.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Maybe you missed the sympathy or empathy line when you were created, others are not so flippant.

So restated ‘I am super smart and understand but still get on a motorcycle but bicyclists are idiots for not understanding”. Got it.
    Empathy for someone being stupid? I touched a hot exhaust pipe this afternoon, guess what happened? It burned my finger, I was stupid, and it hurt.
    For the most part, dont be an a hole and folks will not run you over.
    Getting run over hurts, I ride like its really gonna hurt when I act stupid and a 4,000 lb pickup runs me over.

Most motorcyclist tend to obey the rules of the road, not so much with those on bicycles. So many act like its not gonna be a big deal with that interaction with Gross Tonnage.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom