• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    ViperJock has it right. In reading these posts, I understand that many will be assisting Obama in his destruction and somehow think its good. IMO, getting rid of Obama isn't the end, its the beginning and something that can be built on. Initially, I loathed Romney because of the his thoughts on "assault" weapons and romneycare. That was several months ago. Since then I have come to believe he has done some serious reflection and is the better man for it. Haven't we all changed over time? Back in 1964 I voted for LBJ. I am not that voter today. If I could go back in time I would have knocked on doors for Goldwater. I'm going to do my best to avoid trying to change some strong opinions on this forum. If they help Obama win and we lose SCOTUS, well, guess we will deserve it.

Yawn.

If romney wins, would that mean my third party was a vote for Romney?

What of the scotus? Are you saying the repubs in the house and senate are to cowardly to prevent a bad scotus nomination from Obama? Does anyone else not see the trend here that repubs are spineless cowards when it comes to actually implementing or defending their talking points? They had a super majority for 6 years and could have furthered the conservative agenda. Instead, they tried to out democrat the democrats.

If Romney wins, I will make the prediction that the majority who rails on obama's policies will be nowhere to be found in this forum once romney continues obama's plan.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I could maybe see voting them out of office but if you're essentially putting the same person in office.....where's the change? Romney is on record supporting some of the same things Barry is harped on about. Come election time he's saying something else, I'm supposed to take him at his word? Just because.

Absolutely not. We need to get Barry the H#$@ out that's all.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Is it too late to get

brewster.jpg

on the ballet?

That IMO is choosing not to participate in helping solve our problems.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Did someone truly think that Romney has any interest in "banning your guns?"

There's so much that is more important right now than guns. We have a nation, a way of life, to save. Those of you under age 40 have never known a time when you experienced what this country was supposed to be. The end is finally at hand.....worrying about guns can wait. We have vastly more important work to do.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Instead, they tried to out democrat the democrats.

If Romney wins, I will make the prediction that the majority who rails on obama's policies will be nowhere to be found in this forum once romney continues obama's plan.

And what will happen when/if a third party wins and they try to out republican the republicans who tried to out democrat the democrats?:dunno:

Has it never entered some minds that they ALL are politicians and just might be telling you what you want to hear? Where would all the Paulbots and such be when it would be apparent very few if anyone in government would assist in implementing their agenda?

As far as the charge of AOBO, my eyes are on the SCOTUS as the most damage Obama could do in a second term.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011

There's so much that is more important right now than guns. We have a nation, a way of life, to save. Those of you under age 40 have never known a time when you experienced what this country was supposed to be. The end is finally at hand.....worrying about guns can wait. We have vastly more important work to do.

LOL!

Newsflash for you.... the right to keep and bear arms is the right that ensures all the others.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    LOL!

Newsflash for you.... the right to keep and bear arms is the right that ensures all the others.

ABO trumps that.

Seriously, would anyone here do business with a business whose only business model is "we are not as bad as our competition"?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    He said so in 2008. Again I present:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgZ6AuHnmk0

There's so much that is more important right now than guns. We have a nation, a way of life, to save.
    I agree. And Mitt will help destroy all of that with great enthusiasm.

More war. More police state. More bailouts. This is Mitt Romney's platform. In some ways he is worse than Obama.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    He said so in 2008. Again I present:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgZ6AuHnmk0

I agree. And Mitt will help destroy all of that with great enthusiasm.

More war. More police state. More bailouts. This is Mitt Romney's platform. In some ways he is worse than Obama.

You're going to believe what he said in 2008? He probably can't even remember ever saying that. Unless he says it multiple times in a short span, it MIGHT not be his true feelings/opinions. And we know he'll never say the same thing multiple times in a short span unless he is telling his dog to get on the roof. The man just isn't built for it.

I may be buying my first political footwear soon though....Anti Mitt Romney Flip Flops by mjhdesigner- 585138136

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    More war. More police state. More bailouts.

And you have FIRST HAND insider information on these allegations? Or is it just NOBRP talk?

Mitt has told you he will start more wars, where may I ask? Mitt has told you he will increase the "police state", how exactly? He also has confided in you PERSONALLY that he will spend trillions on bailouts unlike any President in history other than Obama? If you guys are going to continually bring this stuff up how about some specifics? It's kind of like the phrase, "pictures or it didn't happen".

Personally I haven't heard Mitt say anything even remotely like that. I admit he isn't my first choice, or maybe even my second, but he isn't Obama. While some may not agree with Mitt or like his politics, to keep stating he is no different than Obama is beginning to make some look kind of silly.

:twocents:

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    And you have FIRST HAND insider information on these allegations? Or is it just NOBRP talk?

Mitt has told you he will start more wars, where may I ask? Mitt has told you he will increase the "police state", how exactly? He also has confided in you PERSONALLY that he will spend trillions on bailouts unlike any President in history other than Obama? If you guys are going to continually bring this stuff up how about some specifics? It's kind of like the phrase, "pictures or it didn't happen".

Personally I haven't heard Mitt say anything even remotely like that.:

It is worth noting fearless leader never said he would do those things... yet he did.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    It is worth noting fearless leader never said he would do those things... yet he did.

This is true but, Ron Paul has never said he would either. There was nothing in Obama's past to make one believe he would spend trillions on bail outs...er slush funds, but he did. Anyone with half a brain knew he couldn't/wouldn't stop the wars in the middle east. Also that he would never close Gitmo. Even though he said he would do both.

My contention is, when the reality of the office hits ANY President in the face after the inauguration they find alot of their lofty ideals go out the window. That will happen to anyone, INCLUDING Paul OR Johnson if they were elected.

My only point is Romney is not anywhere near what we all really want, but he IS NOT Obama.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Never again will I sacrifice principle for 'electability'. That sort of :bs: is what lead us down the road we are currently travelling. The notion that X is the best choice simply because X is marginally better than Y still presents a very false choice. It also excludes the possibility that A through V, and Z are not better than either one.

Ron Paul is the SOLE liberty-loving candidate in this race.
    Ron Paul is the SOLE conservative candidate in this race.

Ron Paul is the SOLE principled candidate in this race.

Ron Paul is the SOLE honest candidate in this race.

Ron Paul is the SOLE candidate in this race.

Voting for anyone else, in my opinion, particularly when one knows what is at stake and the TRUE positions of the candidates involved, is committing at least a high crime of conscience, if not declaring war on this nation. If you can find it in yourself to vote for anyone other than the good doctor, then your conscience is very much asleep, and your mind too is very likely out to lunch at the moment.

I vote with the intention of bettering my country for the sake of my loved ones and my countrymen. I do not vote to help elect the 'frontrunner,' the 'unknown' candidate, or half-truthful half-conservatives. This rush to compromise got us Obama and his near-total, if not sole, destruction of this nation. I will not have that happening again and the weight of that on my conscience. Never will I choose the lesser of four very, very, very evil candidates for the highest office in this formerly Great land.

Asking me to vote for someone who is demonstrably evil, a demonstrable actor in bad faith, and a liar to boot - which describes everyone in this race except Ron Paul - is that what you would ask of me, and our countrymen? No. Never and never again.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

If you guys are going to continually bring this stuff up how about some specifics? It's kind of like the phrase, "pictures or it didn't happen".

Glad you asked. You know I'm happy to pin him down with his own PUBLIC words.

Mitt has told you he will start more wars, where may I ask?
    Lets begin with his warmongering campaign ad.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foj_glQCr3w

He thinks "lawyers" can absolve him of getting Congressional approval for war.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdFk8nLxQjc

He leaves no doubt that he intends to move forward with acts of war against Iran.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JczQ1bPJ2g8

Mitt has told you he will increase the "police state", how exactly?

He agrees with Federal TSA agents searching citizens all over the country. He has no qualms about it, and thinks that "technology" is going to make it a better system. His answer doesn't mention how the Federal Government shouldn't assume this role, how it is prohibited by the 4th Amendment, or bother to speak out against the enormous bureaucracy of it all. We'll just wait for technology to evolve if we don't like it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z8pxikHMDE

He would sign the NDAA, giving himself power to use soldiers to imprison American citizens indefinitely. He takes a shot at due process.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1yY3NCiMVQ

He plans to ignore the constitution in fighting the War on Terror.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fo8q3f9pmU

He supports the Patriot Act and doesn't even grasp what it means to have civil liberties.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNu-8zMubZI

He also has confided in you PERSONALLY that he will spend trillions on bailouts unlike any President in history other than Obama?
    Romney personally profited off of federal bailouts when he was on the receiving end.

He supported the biggest redistribution of wealth on record. $0.7 Trillion was confiscated from taxpayers and given directly to Romney's cronies on Wall Street. But Romney quipped, "I don't call it a bailout, I call it a rescue plan."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNxslGdBf74

As head of the Salt Lake City Olympics, he lobbied for more taxpayer dollars than all the previous American games combined. He's liberal enough that even the DNC can use this issue against him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY29UIpGhAs

Mitt Romney: Believe in Bailouts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QDxcrcpY98

Personally I haven't heard Mitt say anything even remotely like that.
    Can you honestly say that after watching these videos? Will you concede that Romney is a purveyor of more war, more police state, & more bailouts?

I admit he isn't my first choice, or maybe even my second, but he isn't Obama. While some may not agree with Mitt or like his politics, to keep stating he is no different than Obama is beginning to make some look kind of silly.
    Study the man some more.

Top Bottom