• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    For better or worse he is now the "conservative candidate." He is in bed with the NRA, the tea party, etc and he has made a huge deal about being conservative. Romney is NOT going to ban your weapons. At least not in his first term.

Why you should vote for Romney:
    1. Ron Paul can't win. And even if he did, the powers that be would never let him do most of the stuff he wants to do anyway.
    2. Obama WILL ban your guns as soon as he is re-elected
    3. Obama will sell out our military even more than he already has
    4. Obama knows **** about restoring prosperity to the country
    5. Obama wants to destroy the America that we love
    6. Romney may actually know something about economics
    7. Romney will not deliberatley fan the fire of race and class wars
    8. Romney will not bow down to the leaders of a foreign power
    9. Romney will not persecute Christians and seek to remove God from our state
    10.It pretty much impossible to be worse than Obama has been.

I too am bothered by Romney's apparent changes in opinion. On the other hand, shouldn't a man be allowed to learn and change his opinion? I know that is a foreign concept to a lot of INGO, but people sometimes do use facts, data, etc to change their mind.

Consider for a second that Romney thought Romneycare would be a good idea. It turned out not to be. He now realizes that and wouldn't do it again.

Consider for a second that the current geopolitical situation has made Romney realize that perhaps the second ammendment was made for something other than shooting clays.

Clearly, INGO should be the thought police because of the number of people on the forum that can read Romney's mind. I agree lets hold him accountable for what we think he might do (instead of holding Obama accountable for what he HAS done). Good plan.

We gave Obama a chance and he showed us how he operates. There is no need to let him continue. At least with Romney there is a chance we might at least turn in the right direction.

+1 to anyone who turns in their thought police badge and picks up an extra serving of common sense.

How exactly is flip flopping "learning and changing his opinion"? The man doesn't do any such thing, he simply tailors his "opinions" to draw the most money/support for the audience he is speaking to. Romney and Obama have more in common than they do otherwise.

Its as good a reason as any. IMO we should ditch every politician after their first term. But if he toes the line in fear of re-elction why do we care why he does it as long as he does.

A guy ties you to a chair and says;
    I'm gonna give you choice, you can get kicked in the balls right now for sure OR I'll maybe kick you in the balls later on.

Which option do you take? I know for certain some would take the kicking now. But if there were a chance you might not get kicked in the balls down the road, wouldn't you take it? This is why I do not understand why people will allow Obama to win again. Its ridiculous and it is very poor logic.

Why can't you fight back and try not to get kicked in the balls in the first place? People need to stop bending over and taking things sans lube. My vote may end up a throwaway but at least I'll feel good about casting that vote. You couldn't pay me a million dollars to vote for anyone else running. I'd say that I sort of respect the Romney campaign for distancing itself from Ted "the whackjob/chronic liar" Nugent but he originally set out to get some support from the POS...so I still respect Romney almost as much as Nugent, which is as close to 0 as possible.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    How exactly is flip flopping "learning and changing his opinion"? The man doesn't do any such thing, he simply tailors his "opinions" to draw the most money/support for the audience he is speaking to. Romney and Obama have more in common than they do otherwise.

Why can't you fight back and try not to get kicked in the balls in the first place? People need to stop bending over and taking things sans lube. My vote may end up a throwaway but at least I'll feel good about casting that vote. You couldn't pay me a million dollars to vote for anyone else running. I'd say that I sort of respect the Romney campaign for distancing itself from Ted "the whackjob/chronic liar" Nugent but he originally set out to get some support from the POS...so I still respect Romney almost as much as Nugent, which is as close to 0 as possible.

This is why I loathe the anybody but Obama message. They have zero concern for what their guy is going to do once in office. Just so long as its not Obama. I think some of this ABO crowd would vote for Hitler if it was between him and Obama.

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    For better or worse he is now the "conservative candidate." He is in bed with the NRA, the tea party, etc and he has made a huge deal about being conservative. Romney is NOT going to ban your weapons. At least not in his first term.

Why you should vote for Romney:
    1. Ron Paul can't win. And even if he did, the powers that be would never let him do most of the stuff he wants to do anyway.
    2. Obama WILL ban your guns as soon as he is re-elected
    3. Obama will sell out our military even more than he already has
    4. Obama knows **** about restoring prosperity to the country
    5. Obama wants to destroy the America that we love
    6. Romney may actually know something about economics
    7. Romney will not deliberatley fan the fire of race and class wars
    8. Romney will not bow down to the leaders of a foreign power
    9. Romney will not persecute Christians and seek to remove God from our state
    10.It pretty much impossible to be worse than Obama has been.

I too am bothered by Romney's apparent changes in opinion. On the other hand, shouldn't a man be allowed to learn and change his opinion? I know that is a foreign concept to a lot of INGO, but people sometimes do use facts, data, etc to change their mind.

Consider for a second that Romney thought Romneycare would be a good idea. It turned out not to be. He now realizes that and wouldn't do it again.

Consider for a second that the current geopolitical situation has made Romney realize that perhaps the second ammendment was made for something other than shooting clays.

Clearly, INGO should be the thought police because of the number of people on the forum that can read Romney's mind. I agree lets hold him accountable for what we think he might do (instead of holding Obama accountable for what he HAS done). Good plan.

We gave Obama a chance and he showed us how he operates. There is no need to let him continue. At least with Romney there is a chance we might at least turn in the right direction.

+1 to anyone who turns in their thought police badge and picks up an extra serving of common sense.

When you say Obama WILL ban our guns, under what guise do you KNOW he will use? I am not an Obama supporter at all, but I don't think he is capable of banning firearms. Although he has dumped on the constitution for about 3 and a half years.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    ViperJock has it right. In reading these posts, I understand that many will be assisting Obama in his destruction and somehow think its good. IMO, getting rid of Obama isn't the end, its the beginning and something that can be built on. Initially, I loathed Romney because of the his thoughts on "assault" weapons and romneycare. That was several months ago. Since then I have come to believe he has done some serious reflection and is the better man for it. Haven't we all changed over time? Back in 1964 I voted for LBJ. I am not that voter today. If I could go back in time I would have knocked on doors for Goldwater. I'm going to do my best to avoid trying to change some strong opinions on this forum. If they help Obama win and we lose SCOTUS, well, guess we will deserve it.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    ViperJock has it right. In reading these posts, I understand that many will be assisting Obama in his destruction and somehow think its good. IMO, getting rid of Obama isn't the end, its the beginning and something that can be built on. Initially, I loathed Romney because of the his thoughts on "assault" weapons and romneycare. That was several months ago. Since then I have come to believe he has done some serious reflection and is the better man for it. Haven't we all changed over time? Back in 1964 I voted for LBJ. I am not that voter today. If I could go back in time I would have knocked on doors for Goldwater. I'm going to do my best to avoid trying to change some strong opinions on this forum. If they help Obama win and we lose SCOTUS, well, guess we will deserve it.

Romney does not mean we will get Justices that we would approve of

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    I don't get where he's made some miraculous 360 in his thinking? Using the 2nd for example, because he's made promises? It's called pandering for support. Kind of like when Obama vowed to repeal the Patriot Act, oops, he must have forgot while signing the extension. So many of the things Obama is getting called out on Romney has openly said he would have done himself. Obamney care. The Patriot Act. NDAA. to name a few.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    There are a number of far right religious 'fundamentalist', that won't support Romney, simply for his choice of religious faith.

Though I don't hear any of these same individuals pursue BHO's matters of faith, or possibly for that matter, the lack thereof.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I think some of this ABO crowd would vote for Hitler if it was between him and Obama.

Now come on, I was informed awhile back that when you dredge up the Nazis, you have lost the argument. Or did the only apply to me?:dunno:

The way I see it one has three choices THIS November,

1. Vote third party, and refuse to participate in politics since it will have no meaningful effect on anything or anybody. Feeling good about one's self does nothing to help solve our problems.

2. Vote Republican and hope some kind of meaningful beginning to end the race to the cliff happens. (not real likely but at least it is meaningful participation)

3. Vote Democratic and shift the bus into light speed and ride the bus off the cliff at Warp 10.

:twocents:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Now come on, I was informed awhile back that when you dredge up the Nazis, you have lost the argument. Or did the only apply to me?:dunno:

1. Vote third party, and refuse to participate in politics since it will have no meaningful effect on anything or anybody. Feeling good about one's self does nothing to help solve our problems.

2. Vote Republican and hope some kind of meaningful beginning to end the race to the cliff happens. (not real likely but at least it is meaningful participation)

3. Vote Democratic and shift the bus into light speed and ride the bus off the cliff at Warp 10.

I have to agree with this. To say I will feel good for doing something that we all know will only speed up the left swing is really silly. Romney is not the answer but he may slow this train wreck down enough for us to gather in strength and get a third party rolling. I am not as schooled as some in these threads but I can see what is going on. It is not good. We are falling and the hit will be hard to recover from if we do not take action this election cycle.
    If you do not like the currant group, VOTE them out. This can not be accomplished by splitting up our numbers so someone can feel they did something that felt good. That will not resolve our currant crisis but will make it worse if we do not make an immediate change. This is just the opinion of a person who is not pleased with the way things are going. I am looking for a cure, not a placebo.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    I could maybe see voting them out of office but if you're essentially putting the same person in office.....where's the change? Romney is on record supporting some of the same things Barry is harped on about. Come election time he's saying something else, I'm supposed to take him at his word? Just because.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

I would agree with your #2 if there was enough support for actual republicans throughout the party. It isn't just the President, even at small town levels far too many are doing pretty much what Democrats do. This is why I've always cringed when I hear people talking about voting a party line because the R or D will always be better than the other guy. If Romney hit his head hard enough to actually form some opinions and not deviate within 10 minutes he MIGHT not be just another form of BS that is similar to Obama. He is simply just another guy that will follow the money even though he doesn't need it.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Firehawk makes a decent point.

Which of the three choices that he mentioned will all of you vote for? Or make it specific:

1) Gary Johnson - assuming he's the L candidate
    2) Barack Obama
    3) Mitt Romney
    4) Write in someone else
    5) Another third party candidate that I've neglected to mention - like Ralph Nader or something.

Let's hear who you WILL vote for - not who you won't or who you think sucks... NOBODY disagrees that it's a crappy choice.

And just for fun - who will you vote for in the primary (R primary assumed)

1) Romney
    2) Gingrich
    3) Santorum
    4) Paul
    5) Andrew Luck

:D

For me, the answers were not the same.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Assuming he's the LP candidate, Johnson will get my vote. I won't waste it on a Romney or Obama. My vote will go to support the 3rd party and further its goals, as well as mine.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Fair enough mrjarrell -I choose to hold my nose and go with Romney in the fall - again presuming he's the R guy. I will vote differently in the R primary to help "send a message". That's got the same idea in mind as you do - to further the cause.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Anyone who votes anything but Romney is voting for Obama. It seems there are more than enough to ensure four more years of increasing tyranny. When they come for your guns, and they will, I hope you are not too tired from patting yourself on the back for standing up for what you believe. You only need enough energy to sheepishly hand them over. Definitely +1 head work.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    This is why I loathe the anybody but Obama message. They have zero concern for what their guy is going to do once in office. Just so long as its not Obama. I think some of this ABO crowd would vote for Hitler if it was between him and Obama.

<<<<<<< loathe away :D

I will be voting for ANYBODY but Obama, just not Hitler.
    He never made the ballot.
    I "may" vote for Romney, Paul or Johnson, but NOT Obama!

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    Is it too late to get

brewster.jpg

on the ballet?

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Romney would sign another AWB, a handgun ban, ammo ban, etc of congress puts it on his desk.

Stop bickering about POTUS, there arent enough of is here on INGO to really make that much of a difference even if we all puked up a vote for Mittstake Romnebama. Congress is more important IMHO.

Top Bottom