• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    What would lead one to believe he would do anything to stop further infringement on the individual right to keep and bear arms

His history would indicate otherwise.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    What would lead one to believe he would do anything to stop further infringement on the individual right to keep and bear arms

His history would indicate otherwise.

IMO it is society pushing for more and more gun control. Presidents IF they have waded into it are simply doing what they feel the majority are demanding. It's that unending running for office thingy.:rolleyes:

Not saying it's right, just the way it is.

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    And risked their lives, all they had, and all they might ever have for the cause of Liberty... which I will venture is more than you would ever do.

Wake up, friend.

I would'nt put that past you either, you keep wanting to secede.

I will gladly fight for liberty and do everything I can to defend it in whatever way I see fit. But I won't for one second forget that the founding fathers could'nt extend that courtesy of Liberty to their slaves.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    IMO it is society pushing for more and more gun control. Presidents IF they have waded into it are simply doing what they feel the majority are demanding. It's that unending running for office thingy.:rolleyes:

And therein resides the problem.

We are a republic, not a democracy.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Has Bork changed his position on the 2nd Amendment? Rommey has selected him to lead his Judicial Advisory Committee.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    36601_335958209802288_157706297627481_932118_699933191_n.jpg

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I would'nt put that past you either, you keep wanting to secede.

I will gladly fight for liberty and do everything I can to defend it in whatever way I see fit. But I won't for one second forget that the founding fathers could'nt extend that courtesy of Liberty to their slaves.

I hope you will do everything you can for Lady Liberty; even half as much as they did.

I often wonder what people will think of us 200 years from now when they look back and recognize how little we did in this time to fend off the attacks on Lady Liberty.

I often wonder how they will view our willingness to allow for the killing of our unborn children.

Time will tell.

I wish you well.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    But I won't for one second forget that the founding fathers could'nt extend that courtesy of Liberty to their slaves.

While what you say is undoubtably true, there are other facts that are oft overlooked. What became "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" was originally "life, liberty and property." Those in the north were fearful thet the south would use that against them in the discussion of slavery.

Later, the 3/5 rule which is held up today as evidence of racism, was actually an attempt to limit the ability of the south to stack the House of Representatives, counting the slaves in the distribution of representatives and minimizing the power of the north.

The founding fathers were not perfect (and who among us would make that claim?) and they were not willing to fight the slavery issue prior to the founding of the country, knowing that the day would eventually come, as it did less than one hundred years later, but I'm not sure that we should paint them as racists with a broad brush stroke either.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Do note... A day may be coming, and that day may not be far away, when secession is Liberty's best chance at surviving. It is, after all, that upon which we were founded.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality

Statistics would say otherwise. Second amendment support is at (or near) an all-time high in the polls.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Not saying you are incorrect, but IMO it depends WHERE the poll was taken. If it was asked mostly in the urban areas I'd have to question your assertion. Rural areas, yes I would agree.

Further evidence that secession may be Liberty's best chance for survival and good health.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    And what would Paul supporters be saying in four years when he found it impossible to implement his agenda since he would have few allies in Congress, or would he go the Executive Order route?

I'll wager the same thing.

I think that there is a difference between being complicit in expanding the government, and being powerless to stop it. The 4 clowns in that graphic were all complicit in taking away our rights. If Ron Paul did the same, I'd condemn him too.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    You keep bringing up the secession thing. Do you really, honestly believe the Federal Government would allow states to leave the union?

Depends if we have more Jeffersons or more Lincolns.

I believe that Truth ultimately prevails.

If a group of people is continuously stripped of their individual liberties and held against their will, is that group living in Liberty or in slavery?

I expect a day is coming when we will need to decide.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    No one is more of a slave than he who thinks himself free without being so.
    -Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Top Bottom