• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    if its on your property call a tow truck and have it towed. they will impound it for the to fee so you dont have to pay it seems to me to be the thing that needs done

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Just a couple of things to add, that no one seems to have thought about.

1) Payback....Karma will bite you in the arse if you do that.....but in saying that, I've always heard that a ping pong ball in the gas tank can ruin an engine in a heartbeat and the tank needs to be take off before it can be fixed.

2) The more important question tho, that no one seems to have thought of. What if whoever this is, is still on the property, stuck himself somewhere, possibly hurt or disabled, and needs help. His phone might not be off, the battery could be dead and he's unable to phone for help. With everyone so mad....what if he's legitimately injured, hoping someone will at least come checking for him, before it's to cold, or to late?

All I'm trying to suggest is that instead of everyone assuming that the person has gone off and just left the truck there as an irresponsible idiot. What if he was there to try and go hunting or shooting, had an accident himself, and is now at the mercy of the elements?

At lease call the sheriffs office, or the local PD and have them run the plates and see if someone has made a "missing persons" report, or if he didn't show up at home, work, to meet friends, or what have you.

I'm not saying not to be angry about what was done to your property, I know I would be very upset if that were to happen to mine. But on the other hand, no one has yet to explore the other aspect of what I'm saying. That he may still be out there and injured......might want to check, instead of feeling really rotten because you didn't, and something unthinkable happened.....Just a suggestion.

EDIT: This is just a "gut feeling" that I hope I'm wrong about. I'm a retired Medic, and a lot of time we run on what's known as "a gut feeling", or as another Medic I know puts it, "it tastes wrong". When dealing with situations like this, it helps to take all possibilities into consideration, not just the obvious one.

Last edited:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

1) Payback....Karma will bite you in the arse if you do that.....but in saying that, I've always heard that a ping pong ball in the gas tank can ruin an engine in a heartbeat and the tank needs to be take off before it can be fixed.

2) The more important question tho, that no one seems to have thought of. What if whoever this is, is still on the property, stuck himself somewhere, possibly hurt or disabled, and needs help. His phone might not be off, the battery could be dead and he's unable to phone for help. With everyone so mad....what if he's legitimately injured, hoping someone will at least come checking for him, before it's to cold, or to late?

All I'm trying to suggest is that instead of everyone assuming that the person has gone off and just left the truck there as an irresponsible idiot. What if he was there to try and go hunting or shooting, had an accident himself, and is now at the mercy of the elements?

At lease call the sheriffs office, or the local PD and have them run the plates and see if someone has made a "missing persons" report, or if he didn't show up at home, work, to meet friends, or what have you.

I'm not saying not to be angry about what was done to your property, I know I would be very upset if that were to happen to mine. But on the other hand, no one has yet to explore the other aspect of what I'm saying. That he may still be out there and injured......might want to check, instead of feeling really rotten because you didn't, and something unthinkable happened.....Just a suggestion.
    Not on the property. There's tracks where he tried to get the truck out with a wrecker or dualy. No tracks in the mud heading back to the fields.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Come on... who is this guy? You'd do us a favor by keeping us from dealing with him.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker

I believe someone did mention that possibility earlier but its still a good point. However I would guess its only a remote possibility. I'll still wait till the details get posted before forming a full opinion on this situation.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Not on the property. There's tracks where he tried to get the truck out with a wrecker or dualy. No tracks in the mud heading back to the fields.

Thank you Harry, it was very kind of you to take my suggestion seriously, that shows what a truly responsible and compassionate person you are, and I mean that with all sincerity. Good luck with getting this resolved, I hope everything works out to your satisfaction.
    I don't think this is unwarranted or inappropriate...so

Hugs,
    7th Stepper

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Bloodthirsty bunch of INGO'ers tonight.
    I'll wait for the explanation before I hang him on the fence for the critters to munch on.
    I doubt it's anything other than my assumption but I'll wait.
    IF I don't get satisfaction I'll take out billboard ads and post his pic on a S&M site to start with.
    I wonder IF we could have a Trial by peers on INGO. Lots of ideas floating around.
    Heck, I'm getting enough ideas to write a book on "How to Mess with Idiots".
    I'm going back to the classified section. Ruining a good brandy buzz here.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

Not exactly possible with modern vehicles. Also, wouldn't the more adult and reasonable thing (not ruining someone's vehicle) be to involve the police after not getting anyone after a few phone calls? Sure, the guy is an idiot but destroying someone's vehicle because they were an idiot and got it stuck...that is a big reason to not take quite a few people seriously on here. Would I be mad? Yep, but it would be much more adult using the proper avenues to seek repayment or have him fix the yard.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    thumb.php

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I'm sorry to hear about your situation partner. You were trying to be a nice guy and ended up getting crapped on. I'll gladly retract my statement if new information comes out, but this dude is a world class jackass.

This is the exact reason I don't want people on my property. If I were to catch someone trespassing, I could forgive that, but to tear up my ground, I don't know if there's any getting over that. My place will never be in a magazine, but I've worked hard to have some place nice, and to have some ass-clown cut it up, I don't know what I would do.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    If that guy fesses up in here, this could go down as the most epic INGO thread of all time.

***Fingers crossed***

Not exactly possible with modern vehicles.

How so?

(And I don't disagree with the rest of your post, but what did you do with the real sepe?)

BTW, how does a ping pong ball ruin an engine in the first place? I ask because I'm wondering if the ping pong ball blocks the gas from flowing or if it's when the plastic dissolves and messes stuff up...I can certainly get a ping pong ball into the tank, it just won't be round after it's in there.:):

Last edited:

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Not exactly possible with modern vehicles. Also, wouldn't the more adult and reasonable thing (not ruining someone's vehicle) be to involve the police after not getting anyone after a few phone calls? Sure, the guy is an idiot but destroying someone's vehicle because they were an idiot and got it stuck...that is a big reason to not take quite a few people seriously on here. Would I be mad? Yep, but it would be much more adult using the proper avenues to seek repayment or have him fix the yard.

But that's not as much fun:D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I have 27 acres of land with 17 of it being woods. I also have a 400 yard range. There are many reasons I don't invite INGOers (or anyone for that matter) to come out to my place. This is one of the many reasons.

lovemywoods and I have hosted around 100 different INGOers at his private range over the years and we've never had any major issues like the one described in the OP. I think this issue is the exception and not the rule.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana

Sokay Sepe, my original comment about the ping pong ball was just in a kidding sense. I heard about that so long ago, that I doubt it would be even possible now. And as I've mentioned before, I know nothing about what makes cars run, it was just a bit of amusement to help lighten the situation a bit. Harry understood, we've been in contact already.

My second suggestion was a serious one tho, which was my real concern regarding whoever it was that took unfair advantage of Harrys offered hand of friendship. I'd hate to see everyone forming a lynching party, only to find the guy had already hung himself. Which in this case he did by slithering off to go hide under a rock and not claim responsibility for his actions, then offer to make amends.

Unfortunately I've seen it way to many times that a person's own sneakyness has resulted in harming themselves, and then they're stuck with no one to help, because they didn't think it all the way thru and/or do the right thing (like get permission) in the first place.

As Harry mentioned, he'd already confirmed that the person wasn't stuck somewhere on his property, and there were obvious marks that someone had tried to get the truck out of the mud, and sneak off, like a thief in the night. So that pretty much assures that the culprit isn't in need of anything but a good talking to, possibly by a local LEO, to inform him of the legalities of his actions.

And as I also said about "payback", always think about "karma" as well, cuz I've seen it come back and really leave some serious teeth marks in the person who's retaliating in a worse way then the first person did. Personally, I don't believe in Karma, I practice the "Do unto others" method myself.

Regards,
    7th Stepper

Top Bottom