• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    A great deal of gun owners have established a carry gun and nothing is changing that for them.

Nothing will change it? No, a movie will. INGO has example after example of guys seeing movies and then making 217 page paen threads to their new "ultimate" pistol.

Walther needs to be more aggressive in Hollywood and then the PPQ will sell better.

I saw it behind the counter. A movie would come out and we would start getting the requests. I sold sooooo many Ruger Redhawks because of the Batman movie and the Joker's long barreled revolver.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    1. It doesn't feel good in my hand. I've actually never held a Walther that did aside from the .380 models.
    2. From an aesthetic point of view, it looks like a High Point to me.

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've never owned or shot a PPQ. I have held one once or twice at shows. It wasn't bad, but then it wasn't perfect either. I have bought an M&P (before I saw Avengers) and I can say from experience that interchangeable backstraps do not make a grip perfect. I've tried all 3 backstraps and a Hogue grip trying to make my M&P as comfortable as the Beretta 92 I held at at a gun show last year.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Nothing will change it? No, a movie will. INGO has example after example of guys seeing movies and then making 217 page paen threads to their new "ultimate" pistol.

Walther needs to be more aggressive in Hollywood and then the PPQ will sell better.

I saw it behind the counter. A movie would come out and we would start getting the requests. I sold sooooo many Ruger Redhawks because of the Batman movie and the Joker's long barreled revolver.

Evan inspired me to check out M&P's with his intelligent and non-movie driven "real world review" about his switch from Glock to M&P. I hadn't seen The Avengers at the time (not even sure if it was out yet).

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ll-arms-why-i-jumped-off-glock-bandwagon.html

Last edited:

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    A couple of reasons why a haven't bought a PPQ yet:

Extra magazines are expensive and hard to find.

There isn't a lot of after market support i.e., holsters and sights.

Lets not forget, spare parts availability. Everything mechanical can, and will break eventually.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Great trigger, but isn't the bore axis pretty high?

I agree but the way its engineered the recoil is slight. I can't explain it. That is, recoil is about the same if not less than the other polymer striker fired pistols I own or have shot.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Because a walther PPQ isn't made by Glock, S&W, Sig, H&K, or a part of Springfield's XD line.

Look at the steyr M40. Absolutely amazing firearm, but yet no one has it nor has heard of it. It's a modern striker fire polymer pistol, made by another famous austrian gun company.

I was going to buy a PPQ M2 5" a couple months ago, but I've had a terrible itch for a steel frame 9mm and decided on a jericho. I may still end up trying to get a PPQ 5" as it's a really attractive package.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm the other INGO member that TopDog let shoot his 4" PPQ and it was awesome! Thanks again TogDog for that experience, as it was definitely what pushed me over the edge to pick up the 5" long slide PPQ at USDS. I'll make the same offer, if someone wants to shoot the 5" version, PM me and we'll set something up. You bring the ammo, I'll bring the PPQ :)

I agree with others that the parts and accessories are fewer and a bit more expensive, but not bad. I paid $34 each with shipping for 4 extra magazines from Grabagun last week. More expensive than Glock mags, but cheaper than M&P mags, or close to the same price anyway. I can find what I need, there's just less variety than I'm used to with either Glock or S&W, but I believe that'll change over time, as the PPQ gets more popular. I've seen plenty of people post about their interest in the PPQ, both here and other gun sites. I don't know if it'll ever be as popular as the M&P line, but I think there'll be more offerings for the PPQ as it gains popularity.

Now, if only I knew a director or two to get the ball rolling...

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I already let another INGOer shoot mine and he went out and bought a PPQ long slide. I am on the west side of Indy. If you are willing to meet me halfway on the south side at Indy Trading Post I will happy to let you shoot a PPQ, if you want I will bring a Walther P99c AS and a Walther PPS if you want to shoot them as well. PM me to set it up.
    PM sent! :ingo:

Top Bottom