Why Does The Department Of Homeland Security Need 450M Hollow Point Bullets?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ummm,

1. 450M is just max volume.

2. It doesn't mean the feds will take the option for 400 million or whatever.

3. It's not just DHS but a alphabet soup will have access to it at FLETC, CTA, etc.

4. Find something that works and order an Obama of it. Smart shopping.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    When I went through IPD's Firearms Qual Course, we expended 500-700 rounds a day each for two weeks. If you take 500 rounds times the 5000 or so armed personnel in the FBI, ATF, ICE (or whatever they're calling it these days), Federal Protective Service, Border Patrol, etc. that comes out to 2.5 million rounds per one day of training. Doesn't take too many days of that to run through 45 million rounds. And buying on a bulk contract actually makes sense (wonder who screwed that up?).

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    C'mon

When I went through IPD's Firearms Qual Course, we expended 500-700 rounds a day each for two weeks. If you take 500 rounds times the 5000 or so armed personnel in the FBI, ATF, ICE (or whatever they're calling it these days), Federal Protective Service, Border Patrol, etc. that comes out to 2.5 million rounds per one day of training. Doesn't take too many days of that to run through 45 million rounds. And buying on a bulk contract actually makes sense (wonder who screwed that up?).

There you go. Taking all the fun away from the THB! (Tinfoil Hat Brigade)

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Let's see, if they're buying that much ammo, how much capacity will be left for the rest of us?
    It's not like manufacturers can't add more production, or? There is not a metaphysical limit to the number of rounds produced in one year. :D

Plus if there's a higher demand, manufacturers would be nuts not to produce (and sell) more. We do still live in a quasi-market economy?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Kirk, you are taking the story out of this story.

Sorry to inject the cold water of reason into everyone's desire to rush to the bunker to call Alex Jones but this doesn't worry me.

Don't get me wrong, the government does loads of stuff that worries me but a .gov contract for a top load of 450M rounds of pistol ammo does not worry me.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Don't forget the Coast Guard is under DHS too..

Top Bottom