Why does FLORIDA HIGHWAY PATROL need this ???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The original referenced in this post cost the tax payers of south flordia less than $2000. I fail to see what the issue is.
    Somehow I think the taxpayers have a lot more than $2k invested in that thing.

Stay on the right side of the law and all you will see are pictures of it.
    LOL. Hard to do that when so many things are illegal. I just read that some woman is facing a jury trial because she hung plastic 'truck nuts' from her bumper. The laws are a joke in this country.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Scares the crap out of me...you know all this militarization and stuff. I know lets ban boots like one poster mentioned:rolleyes:, no belts over 1" wide, no rifles and issue six shot 38's.:n00b:

It must be a lovely life to be all concerned/worried about such stuff. Unreal!!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    From DHS to a town near you...

This armored SWAT vehicle can shove a giant lance through your wall and start gassing your family. Then it can breach through the side of your house and deploy soldierish looking agents to come look for your illegal plants and guns. It has a turret and plenty of gunports for when the homeowners try to defend themselves. You can purchase an accessory flamethrower kit, for when you want to go all Waco on their asses.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm4bzV31k14[/ame]

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Ok, so Indy has had a few incidents where we've had a shooter/shooter's actively firing 7.62 at anything that moved. Since patrol cars make horrible cover, what do our internet experts suggest we use? No SWAT, no armored vehicles, how do we handle the shooter/s? I do have a patrol rifle but some might say I can't have that either...too military. So, if the bag guy if firing a bigger round (for some reason 7.62 was the round of choice) and I have NOTHING to stop it, how do I engage him? I happen to have my own personal set of ceramic rifle plates in a carrier in the back seat that should stop a 7.62 as long as it hits me in the heart...that is about all that it covers. When I wear that...it looks pretty military though so maybe I shouldn't have it. That is my own money I spent. I love wearing my BDU's, the extra pockets are very handy. I can carry my medical kit on one side and lots of rubber gloves on the other (I search a lot of dirty people). SWAT and armored vehicle came to be for a reason..a legit reason. Do away with those and you still must address the original reasons they exist.

Last edited:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I think sling shots are adequate. ;)

Personally, I think everyone should have the tools necessary to do their jobs.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This armored SWAT vehicle can shove a giant lance through your wall and start gassing your family. Then it can breach through the side of your house and deploy soldierish looking agents to come look for your illegal plants and guns. It has a turret and plenty of gunports for when the homeowners try to defend themselves. You can purchase an accessory flamethrower kit, for when you want to go all Waco on their asses.

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!

And the rifles owned my many on this site could be carried into a shopping mall and kill hundreds before anyone could stop them

And my Jeep could drive through a school and crush hundreds of children before it runs out of gas

And a steak knife set could cut off thousands of fingers before the blades finally get dull

And the world could run low on tin foil and then maybe more people would start thinking and believing the same hypocritical, paranoid bull crap spewed on this forum.

Those not willing to step up sitting back whining about how those who are, get it done.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You want to complain about a piece of gear or equipment because it's been used inappropriately, go for it. I'm behind you 100% but hold those responsible for it's misuse accountable, not everyone who may wear a similar uniform.

Individual rights and individual responsibility seem to be important to most here yet many are so quick to bunch others into groups and smack them with labels or restrictions. No one here wants their ability to protect themselves restricted because of the actions or irrational fears of others.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No SWAT, no armored vehicles, how do we handle the shooter/s?

How did the police do it before the feds starting giving Mayberry tanks?

Do that then.

Individual rights and individual responsibility seem to be important to most here yet many are so quick to bunch others into groups and smack them with labels or restrictions. No one here wants their ability to protect themselves restricted because of the actions or irrational fears of others.

The police are government agents, open to criticism about everything they do and rightfully so.

The government is not using their IFVs to "protect themselves", the government uses them offensively to investigate crimes against chickens. Here's how toys and the willingness to use the toys to justify their purchase works:

Bread and Circus. And Chickens. And Tanks. - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine*

We take away their toys, we change their mindset.

*I make my living in the movies but for the last twenty years I've been riding in a tank overrunning chicken breeders.

Hey, get out of the tank, Stallone.

Ooohhh, he just called me Stallone . . . Aikido martial arts, waaaahhhh!

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Anyone good with photoshoppe?

I need a chicken in an AFV helmet for the side of IMPD's IFV.

I see a chicken with a cigar and helmet squinting behind an M2. The caption will read "Extra Crunchy!":laugh:

No, how about "Death (or TV cameras) Before Dismount!"

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!

And the rifles owned my many on this site could be carried into a shopping mall and kill hundreds before anyone could stop them

And my Jeep could drive through a school and crush hundreds of children before it runs out of gas

And a steak knife set could cut off thousands of fingers before the blades finally get dull

LOL. I was just recapping the Lenco promotional video. I didn't think I was stretching too far.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The government is not using their IFVs to "protect themselves", the government uses them offensively to investigate crimes against chickens. Here's how toys and the willingness to use the toys to justify their purchase works:

Bread and Circus. And Chickens. And Tanks. - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine*

We take away their toys, we change their mindset.

*I make my living in the movies but for the last twenty years I've been riding in a tank overrunning chicken breeders.

Hey, get out of the tank, Stallone.

Ooohhh, he just called me Stallone . . . Aikido martial arts, waaaahhhh!

XMqoi.jpg

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm confused... I thought Denny actually wore that robocop outfit on duty that we see in his avatar?

Seriously though... I'd like to see at least one good bullet stopping plate added to every squad car out there. You guys don't have time to wait for that big APC & need immediate cover.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    How did the police do it before the feds starting giving Mayberry tanks?

Do that then.
    We didn't. How many people did Charles Whitman kill in that tower while Officers were powerless with their handguns to stop him. It took almost 2 hours and with BORROWED hunting rifles, the officers were able to storm the tower and kill him. From Wiki: On page 100 of the report, the Department cites four trends which prompted the development of SWAT. These included riots such as the Watts Riots, which in the 1960s forced the LAPD and other police departments into tactical situations for which they were ill-prepared; the emergence of snipers as a challenge to civil order; political assassinations; and the threat of urban guerrilla warfare by militant groups. "The unpredictability of the sniper and his anticipation of normal police response increase the chances of death or injury to officers. To commit conventionally trained officers to a confrontation with a guerrilla-trained militant group would likely result in a high number of casualties among the officers and the escape of the guerrillas." To deal with these under conditions of urban violence, the LAPD formed SWAT, notes the report.
    But hey, if you want us to revert in time, I choose the 20's. A time when police departments were armed with all the same goodies the military had...I want my BAR and Tommy Gun.

Top Bottom