Why does FLORIDA HIGHWAY PATROL need this ???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    How did the police do it before the feds starting giving Mayberry tanks?

Do that then.
    Now that I think about it, you are advocating their removal, YOU TELL ME what we did back in the day and how we handle events like the Hollywood shootout, Jason Baker incident, Jake Laird, the shootout at Brookview Apartments Indianapolis (in 1999?) where the shooter what firing his AK thought the apartment wall, rounds pinning down the responding officers and hitting the gas station a block away. Since you know how we should do it, please enlighten me.

BTW "you are using the term "Tank" incorrectly. We are not given tanks.
    –noun 1. a large receptacle, container, or structure for holding a liquid or gas: tanks for storing oil.

2. a natural or artificial pool, pond, or lake.

3. Military . an armored, self-propelled combat vehicle, armed with cannon and machine guns and moving on a caterpillar tread.

I know lawyer speak is a hard habit to break and "Tank" sounds SOOOOO scary.

Last edited:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    when you call a M113 an IFV, that ranks up there with phrases like "Assualt Clips" and "Powerful Assualt Weapons", are you going to start calling for "Commn Sense" APC laws?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I'd like to congratulate all of the Tin Foil Hatters, and Conspiracy nuts here.
    You've finally graduated from the "Brady School of Warped Logic"
    You are using EXACTLY the same logic concerning that damn APC as the Brady Bunch use to get more restrictive gun laws enacted!!

"Oh my Heavens. That evil looking APC (gun) can actually be used by the Police (Citizens) to hurt someone. Well then, lets take away those evil APCs (guns) so that none of those untrustworthy Cops (Citizens) can run amok and hurt THE CHILDREN."

Perhaps the next time there's a barricaded sniper situation in Indy, or anywhere else, you people would volunteer to take care of the problem?
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Oh hell, not he militarization of the fire department too. Ahhhhhhhh

Guess they will just have to "man up" when they get shot at too, we already give them unlimited water, where does the madness stop?

DOD has given excess fire equipment to small/vol. dept's that couldn't afford it otherwise, what were they thinking :n00b:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    What makes it ok for Brinks/Loomis to have armor but not the police?

Oh man! You're right! They have guns, body armor, and pants with lots of pockets too! Sure, they'll start out by desensitizing the sheep by getting us used to seeing them at Kroger, Walmart, etc. The more they militarize the money-picking-up industry, the worse our society will become. I envision a day in the not-so-distant future where they use their big trucks to ram down our house walls and rob us. :xmad:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    But hey, if you want us to revert in time, I choose the 20's. A time when police departments were armed with all the same goodies the military had...I want my BAR and Tommy Gun.

Only if I can wear a 3-piece suit and fedora hat as my uniform. :cool:

You are using EXACTLY the same logic concerning that damn APC as the Brady Bunch use to get more restrictive gun laws enacted!!

"Oh my Heavens. That evil looking APC (gun) can actually be used by the Police (Citizens) to hurt someone. Well then, lets take away those evil APCs (guns) so that none of those untrustworthy Cops (Citizens) can run amok and hurt THE CHILDREN."

I wonder if the police drove a non-intimidating Brinks truck (hunting rifle) the people would be less concerned than they would be with a scary black military vehicle (AR-15). I have to say, it's a very valid differentiation to make. Scary, tactical, and militaristic should be outlawed.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Oh man! You're right! They have guns, body armor, and pants with lots of pockets too! Sure, they'll start out by desensitizing the sheep by getting us used to seeing them at Kroger, Walmart, etc. The more they militarize the money-picking-up industry, the worse our society will become. I envision a day in the not-so-distant future where they use their big trucks to ram down our house walls and rob us. :xmad:
    Oh my God!!
    I never thought of that!!
    shocked.gif

The Banks and the Cops are in this together!!

WE'RE DOOMED!!
    thud.gif

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Because Brinks/Loomis is not the government.
    What if the po-po drove the same type of armored cars. Nothing military about those...and anyone can buy them.

Would that soothe your nerves?

Edit: Actually...is there anything that prevents the public at large from purchasing an APC? I've seen shows where guys buy tanks and refurb them. So that kind of shoots the argument that "The police shouldn't have anything I can't" in the ass. Buy a tank.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom