Why does FLORIDA HIGHWAY PATROL need this ???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    their money, let them do as they want with it, and let their people worry about how they spent it. Looks like they got a pretty good deal to me!

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    This will be used against us ???
    Read the article I just posted. Maybe something in the article has got to do with this.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    It's not only FLORIDA, but TEXAS & SOUTH CAROLINA also has them, that I know of, but I'm sure other state will have them

Cut it out MAN you're freaking me out! J706 says Indiana HAS them too. It's like they ARE strategically placing them so that they can mount a coordinated assault! One of them tried to knock down my wall just the other day but a truck with those plastic testicles drove by and the APC went and crushed it instead.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Cut it out MAN you're freaking me out! J706 says Indiana HAS them too. It's like they ARE strategically placing them so that they can mount a coordinated assault! One of them tried to knock down my wall just the other day but a truck with those plastic testicles drove by and the APC went and crushed it instead.

We have to be like the movie "RED DAWN":rockwoot:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    This thread is sort of funny, or maybe sad. The people who get to be on the inside of the Armored Personnel Carriers have no issues with the militarization. Cracking jokes even. The people who don't get to be on the inside of the Armored Personnel Carriers, for some reason, are objecting. Hmmmm.....

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    South Florida, which is basically everything south of Lake Okeechobee, is a **** hole dressed up for the ball.

I've been all over it, up/down both coast, glades, keys, Dade County ghettos, etc. It was slum hell disguised with rich people's fake crap. It's a third world part of Florida. Homeless people and drugs are rampant.

Tourist see it one way but if you spend time there for work and really get to know the reality of it, you won't ever want to go back.

Flame me if you want but I got the t-shirt, the tattoos and the hell out of there.

Sure, I'll go back, if they let me drive the armored vehicle in the original post and have one of these with me :smileak:

And since you don't know how I really feel about South Florida.....I say dig a mile wide canal from coast to coast right thru Lake Okeechobee, fill it with every alligator and poisonous snake we can find, give crazy swamp people free air boats, guns and ammo and tell them "no body crosses the water". :ar15:

You're not having a bad day until you get lost in the Dade County Ghetto.........and I'm still here to tell about. :D

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    If a friendly country wouldn't want to buy them (the M113 is probably 2nd to the BMP in production numbers, so they are everywhere) then I see no reason not to hand them down to LE. These are not tanks, they are tracked cargo vans with armor. Then again...some folks don't think the police should have guns

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    South Florida, which is basically everything south of Lake Okeechobee, is a **** hole dressed up for the ball.

I've been all over it, up/down both coast, glades, keys, Dade County ghettos, etc. It was slum hell disguised with rich people's fake crap. It's a third world part of Florida. Homeless people and drugs are rampant.

Tourist see it one way but if you spend time there for work and really get to know the reality of it, you won't ever want to go back.

Flame me if you want but I got the t-shirt, the tattoos and the hell out of there.

Sure, I'll go back, if they let me drive the armored vehicle in the original post and have one of these with me :smileak:

And since you don't know how I really feel about South Florida.....I say dig a mile wide canal from coast to coast right thru Lake Okeechobee, fill it with every alligator and poisonous snake we can find, give crazy swamp people free air boats, guns and ammo and tell them "no body crosses the water". :ar15:

You're not having a bad day until you get lost in the Dade County Ghetto.........and I'm still here to tell about. :D

Exactly why we need to end this police state and stop letting LE trample our rights. When are we going to rise up and stop letting our government have the tools they need to do a dangerous job. Give them maglights, pepper spray, and a saftey vest like in the UK. We should be outraged that LE would try and stop this criminal activity. Just goes to show you, the war on drugs is lost.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    IMPD has the former MCSD v150. State of the art armored vehicle (for 1963). That vehicle took a lot of .30 hits during the Jason Baker incident. Helicopters were getting hit. Nothing unarmored could even get close. It was the only was the sniper could get close enough to take the shooters out. I'm glad we have it.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Seems kind of extreme for disarming a public when not everyone is equipped with a sidearm. I think they're preparing for something on a much larger scale. Like something that we are unaware of.:dunno:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Seems kind of extreme for disarming a public when not everyone is equipped with a sidearm. I think they're preparing for something on a much larger scale. Like something that we are unaware of.:dunno:

It's for the law to use on us, what other reason would the law have for having it:( We are going to get invaded by a foreign country;)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    They have no armament. They are just armored vehicles. They do LOOK intimidating...kinda like black rifles...they LOOK intimidating as well.

Top Bottom