• Why do you shoot?

• Total voters

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    All of the above minus hunting.......... I have perfectly good grocery stores in my area and just don't get too excited to be fully encapsulated in the process to ensure a clean harvest.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    yeager had a good vid on the different types of gun owners. everyones personal opinion of him not withstanding, it rang true. ill see if i can dig it up.

EDIT - here ya go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcBi_gKUCy0
    LOL

I'll trust my own sociology "expertise" over his...

this video was one I certainly felt he stepped out of his realm of knowledge on.

Thanks though

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I just noticed this thread came back up.

I understand many can select more than one. I know I can.

BUT TYPICALLY there is ONE that stands out in your mind or that is most important to you. I created this post for research purposes. It would have done me no good to allow for an "all of the above" option.

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    I shoot primarily for recreation. I carry weapons (not just guns) for self defense. While some of my shooting is practice for self defense, it's just part of the matrix.

For me shooting is zen. It's like meditation in that I have concentrated focus and deep awareness of my physical presence.

I don't particularly compete although I used to. Now I compete against myself. Shooting is also an excuse to reload.

^^^^^ this ^^^^^^

CharlesGoodnight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I enjoy going to the range, trying to improve my accuracy for pistol, shotgun, and rifle. I also like to occasionally rent a new gun/caliber just for fun. I am not a hunter, but did so as a kid.

Also, I feel much better having firearms available to defend my family against would-be attackers.

castle134

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    I enjoy it cause of the stress relief I get from it. Going out to the range and having a good time shooting makes any hard day better

Beorn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My first firearm was a Mossberg 500. I was single at the time and bought it for recreation, you know, blow watermelons up with my buddies.

I am older now and married with children. I now practice shooting for self/family-defense with a rifle, pistol, and that Mossberg 500.

Top Bottom