• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I rembered another thing she got mad about.

The TP holder in the kids bathroom was broken. They like to mess with it while sitting on the pot.

I didn't know what was wrong with it, so one day when our daughter is taking a bath, I get a screw driver and take it apart. Turns out, it just came loose. So I put it back together, thinking how handy I was and how proud my wife would be.

She sees it and launches into a tirade about how she has had to put up with that being broken for MONTHS and all it took was 5 minutes to fix it! How could I be so lazy and shirk my duties as the man of the house!

A simple thank you would have sufficed.

I hit the roof. We fought about that for at least a week, because I refused to see her side of the argument. Her side being that I should do all of my normal husbandly/fatherly/manly duties and fix anything that breaks the same day. Well sweet heart, there's only 24 hours in a day and you already have them scheduled.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    "These make my feet hurt!"

Then don't wear them...

"But you're the one that picked them! It's all your fault!"

Yes dear...:dunno:

All of her shoes hurt her feet. Apparently, that's the point of fancy lady shoes.

Comfy shoes are always ugly and only worn in the most dire of circumstance.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    All of her shoes hurt her feet. Apparently, that's the point of fancy lady shoes.

Comfy shoes are always ugly and only worn in the most dire of circumstance.

I have the opposite problem. She will only wear comfy shoes, but expects me to respond as if they're sexy little heels.

"Why yes dear, those new hiking boots have got me all hot and bothered..."

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have the opposite problem. She will only wear comfy shoes, but expects me to respond as if they're sexy little heels.

Perhaps she just needs to wear them with her bathing suit? :dunno:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World

:+1:
    I am in your boat. "Yes honey I like the red flip flops better."

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    i love how high heels look, but i won't wear them...way too uncomfortable, and i'm way too active and clumsy!

at our house, my husband is the one asking impossible questions...stuff i couldn't possibly know, like "why do the neighbors have that stupid fence?" or if he asks me something like, "do you think we should put this here, or over there?" and i answer, he then argues for the opposite. :rolleyes:

i do a lot of stuff around the house on my own, because i don't like hearing him complain while doing it, especially if something goes wrong. i'm usually better at "not sweating the small stuff", and i'm pretty handy and independent.

i can relate to the "it only took 5 minutes to fix it?!" in some ways. when we thought we were going to move and sell our house, he suddenly started fixing stuff up, and the place looked better than ever. (we still live there :D)

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    SNIP
    She sees it and launches into a tirade about how she has had to put up with that being broken for MONTHS and all it took was 5 minutes to fix it! How could I be so lazy and shirk my duties as the man of the house!

A simple thank you would have sufficed.

I hit the roof. We fought about that for at least a week, because I refused to see her side of the argument. Her side being that I should do all of my normal husbandly/fatherly/manly duties and fix anything that breaks the same day. Well sweet heart, there's only 24 hours in a day and you already have them scheduled.

I love my wife dearly, but she tries to use this type of Psychology on me, but in our almost 25 years of marriage she has learned that it is futile to try mind games like this.

My standard reply would be...

Well maybe you should have done it, after it was easy right?

Mowing the yard's easy on a riding mower, never did that did ya.

Hug and a kiss and we'll be all right until the next life life altering moment of which flower looks better in the flower garden. Which I reply "I don't care as long as the bee's like it better than me". :D

Caldad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    After 20 years of wedded "bliss" I have one important, life saving fact! When your wife asks you a question, they already have the answer you should give. It's your job to figure out what that is. When you can do this, you win at marriage. ;)

:dunno: "I'm not sure. What do you think dear?" Then agree. (Can you tell I've been married over 20 years too?)

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Practice this.

426079_228892860530569_138302639589592_514858_2023563416_n.jpg

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It's a good thing there aren't too many ladies on this website to dish it back out.

I'm not very good at taking criticisms.

I'm a lady, but I've been told that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. :)

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    And whatever you do, never ever ever tell her that "No those pants don't make your butt look big, I think it's your butt that makes your butt look big."

Did it once jokingly.. The girlfriend didn't speak to me for [STRIKE]two[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]three[/STRIKE] four days.

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    And whatever you do, never ever ever tell her that "No those pants don't make your butt look big, I think it's your butt that makes your butt look big."

Did it once jokingly.. The girlfriend didn't speak to me for [STRIKE]two[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]three[/STRIKE] four days.

Holy cow, what a vacation, I need to try that

Top Bottom