• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Another one: our local tire place does rotate and balance for free. All that's required is for one of us to go and sit in the waiting room for an hour. But for some reason, I am the only one who can possibly do this... even though they have chairs and a TV, which she is far more skilled at using. (Perhaps I need the practice?)

Here's me attempting to pull the thread back to bemusement and away from misogyny...

The fact is, even with all the complaining, confusion, and consternation, I'd rather have a woman than not. They're baffling [strike]sometimes[/strike] [strike]most[/strike] all of the time, but there are benefits to having one around.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    She calls me into the bedroom last night, after receiving a bunch of packages from UPS yesterday.

"Do these shoes look OK?" She poses her left foot forward, then her right.

"They look fine."

"Which one looks better?"

I look. "Are you being serious right now? They're the same shoe."

"No, this one has stitching around the side, and this one doesn't."

I squint. "They're both black shoes, there's nothing wrong with my eyes, there's only about 6 feet from my eyes to those shoes, and from here I can't tell the difference."

"Yeah, but which one looks better?"

:wallbash:

I know that situation all too well.

I've learned to just point and say "that one" instead of trying to point out how they're the same shoe/shade of makeup/shirt/ whatever.

I'm doomed if she ever tests me on it though. :laugh:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma

I've learned to just point and say "that one" instead of trying to point out how they're the same shoe/shade of makeup/shirt/ whatever.

It reminds me of Archer and his "dark black" and "slightly darker black" turtlenecks.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    this video may not be safe for work...language

but this is about all that has to be said about it

[ame=http://vimeo.com/15372999]Happy vs Right by Ralphie May on Vimeo[/ame]

ralphie may - right or happy

around 2:40 really had me (and my wife) laughing

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Red knows a trap when he sees one.

xMG9D.png

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXlCxGRjNKE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXlCxGRjNKE[/ame]

I learned to quit answering those questions a long time ago. She'll ask which one I like better and sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, she'll pick the the one I didn't.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Another one: our local tire place does rotate and balance for free. All that's required is for one of us to go and sit in the waiting room for an hour. But for some reason, I am the only one who can possibly do this... even though they have chairs and a TV, which she is far more skilled at using. (Perhaps I need the practice?)

Here's me attempting to pull the thread back to bemusement and away from misogyny...

The fact is, even with all the complaining, confusion, and consternation, I'd rather have a woman than not. They're baffling [strike]sometimes[/strike] [strike]most[/strike] all of the time, but there are benefits to having one around.

It's a good thing I'm not an accountant. I'd probably be doing a cost benefit analysis daily.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Remind me again about those....I seem to be drawing a blank here. :):

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

Exactly, just pick one, she likes both, and your input doesn't really matter anyway.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Remind me again about those....I seem to be drawing a blank here. :):

:dunno:

I remember wanting to have her around when dating. After that....hhhhmmm....ummmm....lets seeeeee.....

After 2 kids, I basically have a room-mate the complains a lot, is often angry at various things, and likes to put her cold toes on my legs.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    It goes both ways, in fairness.

I tried showing my wife various 1911's. She asks "Why the heck is that one so much?" pointing to custom Ed Brown that I was really, really digging.

I, of course, point out the finely checkered front strap, the perfectly blended beavertail, the countersunk slide stop, the flush target crown barrel/bushing work, etc. She says, "whatever, it looks the same as that one" pointing to a basic Springer loaded.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I remember an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where Ray's mom was talking about being a trophy wife. His dad asked what contest in hell that he won.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    It goes both ways, in fairness.

I tried showing my wife various 1911's. She asks "Why the heck is that one so much?" pointing to custom Ed Brown that I was really, really digging.

I, of course, point out the finely checkered front strap, the perfectly blended beavertail, the countersunk slide stop, the flush target crown barrel/bushing work, etc. She says, "whatever, it looks the same as that one" pointing to a basic Springer loaded.
    I'll bet JetGirl would know the difference.

Top Bottom