• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm done with your constant running around.

Can you justify your desire to impose your will onto your neighbors or not? I can throw up endless scenarios of how HOAs **** people out of doing things they want to do so the tit for tat is useless.
    I am not “running around” anything, the problem is you will not acknowledge that landowners have multiple rights to land, that they have the freedom to sell those rights as they wish, and buyers have the right not to buy if they don’t like the rights the seller is selling. You have stated that you would take those rights away if you could have your way. It is really simple.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Honestly, if it wasn't for the HO and the bat **** craziness of some of the residents I'd love to live there.

Fun fact, they have the highest rate of Lyme disease in the state. Quite a few years ago they contacted the state about the deer population, state came in and went WTF. The deer they checked as an example looked to be 1-2 yr old, they were 5-7 by their teeth. State was going to send in people to take care of the problem, the residents freaked. They wanted the state to tranq the deer and spay/neuter them. Yes I'm serious. Not sure what ended up happening.
    They sound like they all deserve each other.

I hope they have some snotty **** that inspects lawn height to the nearest 1/8" every other day.

I hope they require all dog owners to submit to **** samples from their dogs so the snotty **** can inspect dog **** in easements to see whose dog it is.

I hope all shutters on homes have to be the same hideous color throughout the neighborhood.

I hope they make everyone involved in having a garage sale wear a maids uniform.

I hope they limit the cumulative time per day garage doors can be open on each home.

I hope they use a light meter to measure the shade of landscaping mulch to enforce mulch uniformity standards.

I hope they require all residents to put their trash out at between 1am - 3am on trash day.

I hope they measure blind levelness from the outside and fine anyone whose blinds are crooked as observed on the outside by more than 1/16th inch.

I hope the board members must use some kind of device that allows them to smell their own farts, without others smelling it. Not because others might find it offensive, but because it interferes with others enjoying their own.

Mostly I hope all the residents and board members do all those things, and live in the bliss of solidarity.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am not “running around” anything, the problem is you will not acknowledge that landowners have multiple rights to land, that they have the freedom to sell those rights as they wish, and buyers have the right not to buy if they don’t like the rights the seller is selling. You have stated that you would take those rights away if you could have your way. It is really simple.
    I'm gonna go back in time and modify your deed so it requires you to drive EV's exclusively.

Mike be like :nailbite: "but I have to. I don't want to take away the previous owner's rights."

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What about the rights of the owner of the problem house? Why can't he/she invest spend a couple hundred thousand dollars on a a nice, new investment property to rent out?
    They can in a subdivision that the covenants allow rentals.

Wouldn't a brand new house in a brand new subdivision be one of the most appealing rental properties to own? What about that guy's rights? Why is it ok to take away his income and saddle him with a business expense he has no means of paying now?
    If I signed an agreement to buy a gun from you $1000 down and $500 a month for two months, you gave me the gun but I never paid anymore of our agreement you would call me all kinds of names, including liar. Those that buy in new neighborhoods that the covenants do not allow rentals, sing documents that state they will abide by the covenants and restriction, financed with mortgages intended for homeowners, not investors, are low scum in my book. Why would you defend them?

I'm bringing up the point that no matter what, someone should have control over a piece of property and at the end of the day, I believe that control should belong to the person that owns it. Does that come with plenty of pains in the ass? Yep, sure does but I'll side with what I believe is right over what I believe is safe, convenient or financially beneficial every time. By definition that makes me a conservative, maybe libertarian and the opposite, well, liberal.
    You are making business transactions that involve a multitude of various rights that can be sold individually or as a complete package into some kind of a morality component. It is not that, it is just business. If I showed up on your door with a contract and a check for $250,000 in exchange for the gold mining rights to your place would you sell it to me? Why shouldn’t you be able to sell it to me?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

If it is stupid and intrusive, HOAs have already though of it. Not only must you respect their authoritah but you get to pay for the privilege
    To tell you the truth, that one I could probably get behind. Not the whole DNA testing part but if your dog craps other than on your property, clean it up. If not, fine the crap out of the owner.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    The loan originator doesn't really give a sh*t if you buy a property you want to rent the next day, they just charge more because their risk profile on such a property is different, with a higher probability of default. That's the predominant reason for the rider that you speak of
    I know the reason, read what I wrote. If you have a mortgage on your primary home, it's most likely in the documents you signed. You're required to live there as your permanent residence for the first year... just like many HOAs...
    Maybe if you paid more property tax they could hire more officers and response times would go down. Do you think IMPD was just killing time at the donut shop or is it possible there were other calls where life and limb were more at risk
    This was 15+ years ago, learned early on to get out of the city. My property taxes don't pay for IMPD...
    I think its called triage
    Nope, they merged the sheriff and city PD about that time, talk about a clusterF... Glad I was able to get someone else to respond within minutes though.
    Edit: I think there is an ACAB thread languishing somewhere in INGO obscurity that you could probably resuscitate, but I would caution that INGO is pretty much pro LEO and it might not turn out like you want
    Very pro LEO, again, I'll continue to call it out when someone says "just because the law allows it, isn't justification"...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If it were a yes or no option I would be fine with it but it isn't. Take it or leave it isn't a choice when there is no necessity and neighborhoods exist just fine without them.

Hell, put a five or ten year automatic expiration on them and I'll not say another word. After that they begin causing too many issues for too many people who cannot afford to move out to a different home with more space.
    How does that work? Should I have the option to not pay my mortgage contract after ten years? Contracts just expire after ten years? How many RV’s should be allowed on a .20 acre lot? How many home businesses should be in a neighborhood?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The biggest problem is that not everyone's lives stay the same. Peopl have kids and those kids have interests. People find new hobbies that require space and parking and storage, etc.. The Karen covenants do more to **** people off than any good they serve after the first decade of a neighborhood's existence in my experience.
    Then they either move or figure out a way to make it work without violating the agreement they signed. Just because their life changed doesn’t mean they can go back on their agreement. When I got an RV I had to find a place to put it. That is why so many storage lots are full of RV’s.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If I signed an agreement to buy a gun from you $1000 down and $500 a month for two months,

No. More like you signed an agreement to sell your tuperware/striker fired pistol for $500 without the firing pin. And you stipulated in the agreement that no firing pin can be installed. Which turned out to be a trend, so it's difficult to find a tupperware pistols with firing pins, and without the requirement of never installing one.

So then the buyer – ney, BUYERS – say, **** you, to all contracts that try to limit their tupperwear fantasies. And so they buy firing pins for them and install them. And the Glock tuperware fans do it because Glocks don't make attractive paperwaigns. Meanwhile, the 1911 owners laugh.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    How does that work? Should I have the option to not pay my mortgage contract after ten years? Contracts just expire after ten years? How many RV’s should be allowed on a .20 acre lot? How many home businesses should be in a neighborhood?
    Mike, you're missing a whole category of scoffcovenants. You need some way for your HOA to police the gig economy - why, people could be driving for Uber or shopping for Instacart under your very noses and that is operating a home business. To the ramparts!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    They sound like they all deserve each other.

I hope they have some snotty **** that inspects lawn height to the nearest 1/8" every other day.

I hope they require all dog owners to submit to **** samples from their dogs so the snotty **** can inspect dog **** in easements to see whose dog it is.

I hope all shutters on homes have to be the same hideous color throughout the neighborhood.

I hope they make everyone involved in having a garage sale wear a maids uniform.

I hope they limit the cumulative time per day garage doors can be open on each home.

I hope they use a light meter to measure the shade of landscaping mulch to enforce mulch uniformity standards.

I hope they require all residents to put their trash out at between 1am - 3am on trash day.

I hope they measure blind levelness from the outside and fine anyone whose blinds are crooked as observed on the outside by more than 1/16th inch.

I hope the board members must use some kind of device that allows them to smell their own farts, without others smelling it. Not because others might find it offensive, but because it interferes with others enjoying their own.

Mostly I hope all the residents and board members do all those things, and live in the bliss of solidarity.
    Grass height most of the homes don't have to worry too much, all sand. As for the shutters, it most definitely isn't a cookie cutter vinyl village, and I wouldn't wish that for the house's sake.

But how about this, they have seasonal parking restrictions. Summer time you can't park on your own street side parking spots(on your property, not on street), must be in your driveway. Unless you have a yearly parking sticker. You get one "free" sticker with your dues, and you can purchase one additional for $50. You can get temporary ones for guests, but I think they are limited to something like 4-6 for the year.

Oh that's something that is something they already have. Dues are reasonable though, $125 a yr I think. But then again the town gets property taxes.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I mean. You keep asking that and you keep getting the same answers back. Maybe change stuff up. Maybe look at it a different way.

For example. I think the problem here is that some of us are coming at this in terms of natural rights, vs rights created by laws per se.

If we think about natural rights in terms of property, and what kinds of things we can do with our property, it seems to me that a person has the right to do what he wants with his property (with exceptions relating to harm). So, when that person sells, trades, loses in a poker game, loses a peeing contest, whatever, that person no longer has any rights to the property.

So when a property is transferred by any of those means, the new owner has the same rights to that property that the previous owner held.

That's different from the law defining a concept of component rights where the different things one has a right to do with his property are all separable from the whole, and transferable individually. As I said before, I think it that's not all that great for society. Next thing you know, if you want to own and do what the **** you want with your newly purchased property, you'll have to track down dozens of people and bargain for their chunk of the property rights.

And whether or not you agree with my opinion on natural rights, your way requires too many ****ing lawyers to deal with all those ****ing people owning different pieces of those ****ing property rights. Let's put some lawyers out of business! End that nonsense. ChatGpt is gonna put them out of work anyway. Let's get an early start.
    This is just 180 degrees wrong. The ability if a property owner to sell individual rights while retaining others is a natural right and nit understanding that is the crux of this whole thread.

The ability to sell individual rights to property is freedom.

The option of buying in an HOA is freedom.

The option of not buying in an HOA is freedom.

Being required to sell all rights to sell property is a restriction on freedom.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You know, I would hate to be your neighbor. Guy parks slightly (imo very slightly) in front of your I'm guessing 2 car drive and rather than go out and ask him to move like a normal person would you take a picture and post it online, state you are going to let your dog crap in his yard, and are trying to get his house taken away, and if you don't get your way your going to sue. That's not just Karen behavior, that is beyond even next level Karen ****. It's like next level Karen crossed with a 2 yr old with a little meth head thrown in the mix.

ETA I forgot about the "recon", you can add some Gladys Kravits to that mix. When you saw the car did you yell for Abner to come quick?
    Maybe you should live where you are happy and Dean where he is happy with his covenants…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I mean, I wouldn't think of your position as being absurd as I do if you at least approached it as an issue of preference in a situation with conflicting rights. You don't even acknowledge that your way restricts freedom too. Instead you act like everyone with a different preference only has that preference because they're too ignorant to understand.
    Your position is obscured by your personal bias. There are NO conflicting rights. That is all in your imagination. The seller has the right to sell the rights they wish to as they wish to. The buyer has the right to buy or not buy. The BS trope about being “forced” is just that. It would be fun to see just what deed restrictions are on the land of some of these posters, stuff they may not have even understood were in place when they bought their land. It is not that uncommon to have them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, if a neighbor has more than one RV and can only fit one on his property, I'd be neighborly and offer to let him store one on my property.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom