Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Authorized in the covenants is authorized in the covenants. I had the "green chain link" conversation several times because no one has it, but it is specifically authorized. Stockade and livestock fence is not.

I'm also on the side of precedent. The developer-controlled HOA approved a number of fences that were not awful, just outside the specific guidance. If it is here already, I'm good. We have several lots that back up to a treeline. The town specified that it had to be chain-link in the back because... reasons. Did we say, "No you must have chain link everywhere or no fence at all, per paragraph blah-blah-blah!!" No, we said, "It backs up to a treeline, who the **** cares??"

Now if you'll excuse me I need to re-read Mr Pine's Purple House. I'm planning the sequel, "Mr Pine Sues His HOA" :lmfao:

Oh that reminded me of the vinyl fence fiasco.

Our bylaws did not allow vinyl fences. The guy behind us told us he wanted to get one. I had quit the board by then because we had just put our house up for sale. But I told him that the the board wouldn't approve it because it doesn't meet standards. That pissed him off and he told me about a home in the subdivision that had one. They had gotten permission to put one up before the developer turned the HOA over to the neighborhood. I just told the guy to take it up with the board.

Long story short, by the time we sold our house, the people behind us put up a vinyl fence. And then by the time we moved out 2 other homes in line with theirs were putting up vinyl fences. Maybe their lawyer sent a strongly worded letter to Karen? But apparently the board caved.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've somewhat followed along out of boredom, no dog in the fight whatsoever, but really can't tell what the point is of the whole discussion. Nobody's changing their minds. 23 pages. Certainly all this energy could've been directed in a more positive direction...
    Hi. Welcome to INGO. You must be new here. :):

It's what we do.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I've somewhat followed along out of boredom, no dog in the fight whatsoever, but really can't tell what the point is of the whole discussion. Nobody's changing their minds. 23 pages. Certainly all this energy could've been directed in a more positive direction...
    I can PM you an address in Alex that needs the lawn mowed, it would be a positive direction for you and the neighbors, if you drove up here and mowed it for the lazy homeowner.

1000000353.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I can PM you an address in Alex that needs the lawn mowed, it would be a positive direction for you and the neighbors, if you drove up here and mowed it for the lazy homeowner.
    Well. He said a positive direction. Maybe I should post a link to the hate for cyclist thread.

Oh. and about your lazy homeowner problem. There's a trend on youtube where some small lawncare businesses has started doing pro bono lawn care because they make way more money posting the videos on youtube than they did when they charged for their services.

I don't get it either. I guess it's just 2024. If there's one that lives near you, tip them off.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I just want to know how you pay for the amenities with no HOA? If it becomes a public pool and it's no longer a private pool, wouldn't that affect property values?
    At what point in this thread did it become specifically about neighborhoods with amenities? I've already mentioned that I see necessity there and my experiences involved none of them. I paid HOA dues for 15 years for basically nothing but a few letters over nonsense. You claim they are responsible for my property retaining value and that I should be thankful and I call BS. I put a lot of money and sweat equity into that house and the neighborhood had gone downhill when we moved, in spite of the HOA.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    At what point in this thread did it become specifically about neighborhoods with amenities? I've already mentioned that I see necessity there and my experiences involved none of them. I paid HOA dues for 15 years for basically nothing but a few letters over nonsense. You claim they are responsible for my property retaining value and that I should be thankful and I call BS. I put a lot of money and sweat equity into that house and the neighborhood had gone downhill when we moved, in spite of the HOA.
    I didn't until I pointed out you can't have those things without an HOA, turns out I was wrong. Except, I'm not, as if the taxpayer pays, it's public, not private for that subdivision only as I've been saying...
    See, not only not reading articles posted but now not even reading the comment you are replying to.
    Already answered, taxpayers. Yes it's public property. Yes maintenance gets done like before HOAs even existed. Almost as if HOA making their own is completely silly, although a great way to keep certain people out.
    Guilty as charged, article was not read. If it's public property, it is not reserved for that subdivisions residents, so it's not what I've been discussing.

I'd much rather have a private, HOA pool vs a city run pool (even if I have to pay for it). Same with the other amenities... $120/qtr is a drop in the bucket.

Are you not familiar with the newer subdivisions, that have all the amenities for residents ONLY? Many find that a perk, vs a city pool, park, etc (although in 15 years of paying dues, we used the pool once - the perk of having a boat and always being at the lake).

So again, you've missed my point. What cities are plotting out new subdivisions and putting in free pools, tennis courts, etc?
    Posting another article about a racist Indiana HOA, let's see if this one gets read.
    I read that one and yes, renters are not owners and did not sign the covenant with the HOA. There were a few rentals in my last subdivision and they had to go through the property management company vs the renters going directly with issues. How is this a shock? The renters don't own it...

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Duck and weave. The point you keep belaboring is that anyone, selling anything can legally put restrictions on the sale, so that would be fine. The example is just reductio
    No, not on anything. I've been discussing deed restrictions, you may be thinking of Mike.

I didn't make the law, but I understand and abide by the law. Not sure why that's hard for some folks to understand...

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I didn't until I pointed out you can't have those things without an HOA, turns out I was wrong. Except, I'm not, as if the taxpayer pays, it's public, not private for that subdivision only as I've been saying...

Guilty as charged, article was not read. If it's public property, it is not reserved for that subdivisions residents, so it's not what I've been discussing.

I'd much rather have a private, HOA pool vs a city run pool (even if I have to pay for it). Same with the other amenities... $120/qtr is a drop in the bucket.

Are you not familiar with the newer subdivisions, that have all the amenities for residents ONLY? Many find that a perk, vs a city pool, park, etc (although in 15 years of paying dues, we used the pool once - the perk of having a boat and always being at the lake).

So again, you've missed my point. What cities are plotting out new subdivisions and putting in free pools, tennis courts, etc?

I read that one and yes, renters are not owners and did not sign the covenant with the HOA. There were a few rentals in my last subdivision and they had to go through the property management company vs the renters going directly with issues. How is this a shock? The renters don't own it...
    I've answered, all the neighborhoods not in HOA are getting perks.
    Of course you'd rather pay then let undesirable peasants near you, and you sided with racists, that's all I need to know.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I've answered, all the neighborhoods not in HOA are getting perks.
    Of course you'd rather pay then let undesirable peasants near you, and you sided with racists, that's all I need to know.
    You're discussing city parks, which are far from what I've been discussing... not hard to understand a planned subdivision with amenities, etc, yet here we are... I guess you've never lived in a nice new subdivision with basketball courts, tennis courts, a pool, etc, for residents only?

Who said I sided with racists? Why are you against private property owners having rights?
    We didn't make the thread, we just answered the question that was its premise. Not sure why that's hard for some folks to understand...
    Speaking of ducking and weaving...

You either understand what a deed restriction is or you don't, didn't say you had to agree with it...

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    You're discussing city parks, which are far from what I've been discussing... not hard to understand a planned subdivision with amenities, etc, yet here we are... I guess you've never lived in a nice new subdivision with basketball courts, tennis courts, a pool, etc, for residents only?

Who said I sided with racists? Why are you against private property owners having rights?
    Get real. We have been discussing it this long and you still haven't figured out what I'm saying despite saying it.

You stated that you sided with the racists. Guess you should have read the article.

As for private property owners having rights, I'm FOR that, you are against it because you want the HOA to have rights. HOA don't protect rights, it's literally the exact opposite. You give your rights away to the HOA, giving up freedom for safety, deserving neither.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Get real. We have been discussing it this long and you still haven't figured out what I'm saying despite saying it.

You stated that you sided with the racists. Guess you should have read the article.

As for private property owners having rights, I'm FOR that, you are against it because you want the HOA to have rights. HOA don't protect rights, it's literally the exact opposite. You give your rights away to the HOA, giving up freedom for safety, deserving neither.
    A pool funded and maintained by residents via a HOA is racist? It's resident only because it's funded by them, and it's racist. Oooook.

Got it. Right from the dems playbook, when you're losing an argument, cry racism.

I'm guessing you'd say the gate at a marina's dock is racist too, as you put it, it keeps the riff raff out and only let's those who pay in.

Is the border wall racist as well?

Why? So you won't read it? Disregard it because it doesn't fit your opinion?
    Na, got better things to do.
    It doesn't exist. You obviously don't get what a master planned residential subdivision is and why many people want to live there and have no qualms about joining a HOA.

Taxpayer funded city parks and a private pool for residents only are very different things...

-----------

Different strokes for different folks. I loved the neighborhood I was in (or we wouldn't have stayed 15+ years), regardless of the HOA. Now I'm the HOA president, secretary, board, etc and still loving it....

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    A pool funded and maintained by residents via a HOA is racist? It's resident only because it's funded by them, and it's racist. Oooook.

Got it. Right from the dems playbook, when you're losing an argument, cry racism.

I'm guessing you'd say the gate at a marina's dock is racist too, as you put it, it keeps the riff raff out and only let's those who pay in.

Is the border wall racist as well?

It doesn't exist. You obviously don't get what a master planned residential subdivision is and why many people want to live there and have no qualms about joining a HOA.

Taxpayer funded city parks and a private pool for residents only are very different things...
    You clearly didn't read, go back and read. I asked and clarified several times, but YOU sided with racists.

Posted again so you can find it but know you won't read it while siding with racists again.

I'm not losing, you are the one not reading actual posts let alone the links that would help you understand points people are making. If YOU can't figure that out, it's a YOU problem.

This isn't a Republican vs Democrat issue, this is HOA vs freedom and sorry you can't understand that either.
    I'm done with this "discussion" because it's not a discussion, it's you not listening then getting mad for getting called out on it.
    I hope you have a wonderful life and change your ways.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    You clearly didn't read, go back and read. I asked and clarified several times, but YOU sided with racists.

Posted again so you can find it but know you won't read it while siding with racists again.

I'm not losing, you are the one not reading actual posts let alone the links that would help you understand points people are making. If YOU can't figure that out, it's a YOU problem.

This isn't a Republican vs Democrat issue, this is HOA vs freedom and sorry you can't understand that either.
    I'm done with this "discussion" because it's not a discussion, it's you not listening then getting mad for getting called out on it.
    I hope you have a wonderful life and change your ways.
    Freedom is allowing folks to join a HOA if they so choose... that's true freedom.

Allowing consenting adults to enter into a legal agreement - that's freedom! :patriot:

You've yet to realize the difference between private and public, and why many folks would enjoy a private pool or other amenities versus public amenities. HUGE difference between the two.

***went back and read that article (my movie ended). How the F does that lawsuit apply to the discussion about HOA amenities, pools, etc?! No wonder I didn't "get it" when I skimmed it earlier. Just because it has a HOA in it, but nothing to do with the discussion we've had this evening. That's pretty far reaching dude...

Again, to each their own...

Good day, sir!

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Wait, let's get this straight.
    Your personal experience is proof, but other's experience going the other way isn't?
    People posting researched articles and videos isn't proof either, just your experience counts?

Yes, there are definitely people on this thread that don't have the temperament for sure but we disagree on which ones.
    Hope you have a wonderful day.
    As Dirty Harry said, “a man has got to know his limitations”…. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom