• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I find it humorous how some of you are complaining about the guy going to slow in extremely dangerous weather conditions.......I prefer to complain about the guy tailgating me in dangerous weather conditions simply because he is impatient by nature and feels like 4x4 = invincibility. :D

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I find it humorous how some of you are complaining about the guy going to slow in extremely dangerous weather conditions.......I prefer to complain about the guy tailgating me in dangerous weather conditions simply because he is impatient by nature and feels like 4x4 = invincibility. :D

Thats because we are just trying to get around you before you nervous drivers cause a wreck.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    :rockwoot:I actually prefer to shop during a snow storm.......you get the whole place to yourself:yesway:

Yes, or very late a night.
    I can't stand making deliveries in the middle of the day in town, especially on a friday, everyone has their head buried deep.....

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Wow, I hope you are kidding........insert smiley here^

Not from what I've seen on the roads.

Side Story: When I first moved here, I told my doctor that Hoosiers drive like they're in the Indy 500.
    He said "No, they drive like they're in the demolition derby."

I think this attitude has spred to almost every city and town.:rolleyes:

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Wow, I hope you are kidding........insert smiley here^

I don't mind people being cautious. I just cant stand the ones that are only going 5mph. If you are that scared to drive drive then you need to stay at home.

As far as your other post about shopping I agree. We went to Famous Dave's in Greenwood last night and was able to pick any table we wanted. On a normal night its usually a 30 minute wait.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    He said he'd send me the video. Do you want me to pass it on to you or just send it to 20/20 for another of their documentaries?

HA HA, ya, go ahead and send it my way, i dont want to have to wait for the 20/20 documentary....
    by the way Dryden, from the looks of your avatar you may want to lay of the "performance enhancers" :D :D

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    On snow???? Driving 50 - 60 mph???? I'm gonna need to see some video of that.:cool:

Come watch me drive. Anyone with a brain can stop a 4x4 in the snow.

I got a brain, and I've owned a 4x4 for over 21 years and sure you can stop a 4x4 anytime you want to, but you have to be going slow enough to be able to stop when wanting to according to the terms of the road conditions.

Not recognizing this earns a person a FAIL sign attached to the stuck and wrecked vehicle.

Driving over 90,000 miles a year delivering, it always amazes me the amount of people who own 4x4 trucks and SUV's who enter the invincible mode when the roads get bad. It never fails, 4x4 screaming by me, only to see said 4x4 down the road 5 or 6 miles in the ditch because they got their superman cape caught in a cross wind, then bounce off a guardrail.

Henktermaat, you said you can stop anytime on snow......

How about the 3 inches of snow that's got 1 inch of packed ice/snow under it that almost every driver fails to think about?

Anyone who overdrives the road conditions deserves a fail sign, plain and simple. Because not only are they putting their lives at risk, but the passengers who are with them and innocent people around them.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I don't mind people being cautious. I just cant stand the ones that are only going 5mph. If you are that scared to drive drive then you need to stay at home.

As far as your other post about shopping I agree. We went to Famous Dave's in Greenwood last night and was able to pick any table we wanted. On a normal night its usually a 30 minute wait.

I see what you are saying.....When it happens though, make sure that you are not creating a more dangerous situation for yourself and others simply due to your frustration. There is no appointment important enough to risk human life. I say this coming from a family of truck drivers and 4x4 wheelin' hillbillies. I am by no means "scared" behind a wheel. I can drive anything that runs. I have just lost too many people dear to me due to neglegent, impatient drivers. Just like an accidental discharge, it only takes one to end life. You don't always get a second chance.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    On snow and ice, the friction part of the equation is removed.
    ( Mass means nothing in this problem.)

Hehe. Really? This is remedial middle school stuff. My apologies if you happen to be 13 and just slept thru that class last week :D

Mass and friction are everything in the stopping equation.

Mass: weight of the truck + load. Mass keeps on moving.
    Friction: road surface friction against tire tread, brake friction against the rotor... etc. Friction is what stops mass, not whether 2 or 4 wheels are pwered.

:40oz:

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Go get a physics book and tell me what you find. You'll find that mass and friction come into play.

LOL, my experience with ice & snow in a 4x4 dont come from a physics book!!!! Ive had about 15 years of wheel time in ice & snow, im not a pro at anything, but IVE never been able to shut down a 4x4 faster than any other vehicle.:twocents:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I got a brain, and I've owned a 4x4 for over 21 years and sure you can stop a 4x4 anytime you want to, but you have to be going slow enough to be able to stop when wanting to according to the terms of the road conditions.

Not recognizing this earns a person a FAIL sign attached to the stuck and wrecked vehicle.

Driving over 90,000 miles a year delivering, it always amazes me the amount of people who own 4x4 trucks and SUV's who enter the invincible mode when the roads get bad. It never fails, 4x4 screaming by me, only to see said 4x4 down the road 5 or 6 miles in the ditch because they got their superman cape caught in a cross wind, then bounce off a guardrail.

Henktermaat, you said you can stop anytime on snow......

How about the 3 inches of snow that's got 1 inch of packed ice/snow under it that almost every driver fails to think about?

Anyone who overdrives the road conditions deserves a fail sign, plain and simple. Because not only are they putting their lives at risk, but the passengers who are with them and innocent people around them.

You are assuming I'm one of the brainless ones... I drive based on conditions and therefore have never had a problem. I stop my 4x4 whenever I need to. 2 powered wheels has nothing to do with brains or stopping power :D

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Hehe. Really? This is remedial middle school stuff. My apologies if you happen to be 13 and just slept thru that class last week :D

Mass and friction are everything in the stopping equation.

Mass: weight of the truck + load. Mass keeps on moving.
    Friction: road surface friction against tire tread, brake friction against the rotor... etc. Friction is what stops mass, not whether 2 or 4 wheels are pwered.

:40oz:

The tires have NO friction on ice. Who cares if the rotors lock up... your still gonna be moving forward at 50 mph becuse the tires are not gripping anything.... you are NOT in contact with the pavement.

Top Bottom