• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    On this forum, people like you call people "trolls" when they disagree with what they have to say. The OP isn't a troll for posting this thread, he is posting something that he interested in and passionate about and wants to discuss it. So by your definition, Titanium_Frost is a troll since most all he does is post cop hating threads since he hates every linving officer out there?

Titanium frost is awesome :rockwoot:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    On this forum, people like you call people "trolls" when they disagree with what they have to say. The OP isn't a troll for posting this thread, he is posting something that he interested in and passionate about and wants to discuss it. So by your definition, Titanium_Frost is a troll since most all he does is post cop hating threads since he hates every linving officer out there?

Uh huh. That's what it is. "People like me."

Everyone I disagree with is a troll.

:rolleyes:

Telling all the "knowitalls" to "shut their pieholes" is not the way you start legitimate discourse. It's how you intentionally **** people off while staying within the rules. The very definition of trolling.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I dont HATE LEO's. Theres obviously an underbelly of society that needs a police force to "take care of." This underbelly chooses ignorance and violence to go about with their lives. Law enforcement has to deal with the idiots for the most part, but on occasion Law enforcement comes across a good guy and they apply their modus opperande to the good guy. While Law enforcement deals with the majority of the minority (thugs, murderers, wife beaters, etc), some fail to keep in mind that they are dealing mostly with the minority of society.

When you come across someone who is a good guy and you start applying the officer dick mode, you are polarizing that good guy to question whats going on and if officer dick is acting lawfully. "Failure to comply" becomes subjective in the mind of the citizen but to officer dick its just a go for the next level of control which is restrain and detain.

I'm quite sure that the law enforcement officers job can be both physically and psychologically demanding day to day but if you cant look at a citizen and see the good vs the bad then you need a different job.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    Uh huh. That's what it is. "People like me."

Everyone I disagree with is a troll.

:rolleyes:

Telling all the "knowitalls" to "shut their pieholes" is not the way you start legitimate discourse. It's how you intentionally **** people off while staying within the rules. The very definition of trolling.
    That mainly stems from people being rude and offensive. I made a thread simply asking about a sub forum dedicated to asking LEO's questions that relate to them, and massive trolls came in slinging monkey doo. Constant bashing of people with generalized statements. There are some bad cops out there just like there are bad gun people. What they both have in common is they give the good guys a bad name. There are lots of gun fail videos just like there are cop fail videos. As for the definition of trolling....

Trolling 2535 up, 1278 down
    The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue. Trolling does not mean just making rude remarks: Shouting swear words at someone doesn't count as trolling; it's just flaming, and isn't funny. Spam isn't trolling either; it pisses people off, but it's lame.

The most essential part of trolling is convincing your victim that either a) truly believe in what you are saying, no matter how outrageous, or b) give your victim malicious instructions, under the guise of help.
    Trolling requires decieving; any trolling that doesn't involve decieving someone isn't trolling at all; it's just stupid. As such, your victim must not know that you are trolling; if he does, you are an unsuccesful troll.

Signs that your trolling is succesful:
    *Your victim screaming in all-caps at you.
    *Personal attacks (Calling you a retard, idiot, etc).
    *Being an Internet Tough Guy.
    *Making a crude remark, before quickly logging off before you can retort.

Signs that your trolling is unsuccesful:
    *Your victim identifying you as a troll.
    *Identifying yourself as a troll.
    *Your efforts being ignored.
    *Being counter-trolled (See below)

I believe what he did was counter-trolling in response to all the negative bashing.
    Counter-trolling (Or reverse trolling) is an effective method of redeeming yourself after being trolled.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    That mainly stems from people being rude and offensive. I made a thread simply asking about a sub forum dedicated to asking LEO's questions that relate to them, and massive trolls came in slinging monkey doo. Constant bashing of people with generalized statements. There are some bad cops out there just like there are bad gun people. What they both have in common is they give the good guys a bad name. There are lots of gun fail videos just like there are cop fail videos. As for the definition of trolling....

I believe what he did was counter-trolling in response to all the negative bashing.

Counter trolling is still trolling.

And get back to me when people stop bashing telemarketers, insurance salesmen, used car salesmen, attorneys who specialize in class actions, gun owners, libertarians, and everything else you can imagine.

Nobody is immune to bashing. Nobody.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    Counter trolling is still trolling.

And get back to me when people stop bashing telemarketers, insurance salesmen, used car salesmen, attorneys who specialize in class actions, gun owners, libertarians, and everything else you can imagine.

Nobody is immune to bashing. Nobody.
    For the fourth time, a mechanic knows your pain. Everyone thinks you are a thief and a degenerate "grease monkey' until they need something fixed. I used to think I was libertarian until I came here. Now I think I just call myself a Constitutionalist and say eff it. :patriot:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    For the fourth time, a mechanic knows your pain. Everyone thinks you are a thief and a degenerate "grease monkey' until they need something fixed. I used to think I was libertarian until I came here. Now I think I just call myself a Constitutionalist and say eff it. :patriot:

I was ASE Certified in the late 80's and into the early 90's. I know all about that.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    ...if you cant look at a citizen and see the good vs the bad then you need a different job.
    You can do this? Really? Awesome.

Was this one a good one, or a bad one?

220px-William-Calley.jpg

Or this one?

s-JEFFREY-MACDONALD-DNA-large.jpg

Or these?

Stryker-soldiers-who-alle-004.jpg

Holy ****...I'm seeing a pattern here.

Last edited:

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I quoted you verbatim.

BTW, you didn't take my little test to show your skills.

It was out of context of ideology, verbatim or not.
    Your "little test" has little purpose I'm interested in arguing.

My statement was pro law enforcement/anti methodology.

Nice attempt at pushing a button.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I'll help you out.

220px-William-Calley.jpg

Baby killer. (claimed he was just following orders)

s-JEFFREY-MACDONALD-DNA-large.jpg

Serial killer.

Stryker-soldiers-who-alle-004.jpg

Killed civilians and collected fingers from the dead as trophies.

You sure wouldn't know it to look at them.

It's a damn good thing we don't judge an entire group by the actions of a few around here. If we did one could draw some pretty damning conclusions by the actions of this group, eh?

But I never judge a book by it's cover.

And, because someone will come along shortly and say, "OMG, he's saying anyone in the military is a murderer", well...then it went right over your head.

Last edited:

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    In all fairness to those "dick" cops out there, I bet they were dicks before they became LEO's. I know a couple who are dicks and they have been dicks since childhood.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    It's a damn good thing we don't judge an entire group by the actions of a few around here. If we did one could draw some pretty damning conclusions by the actions of this group, eh?

But I never judge a book by it's cover.

And, because someone will come along shortly and say, "OMG, he's saying anyone in the military is a murderer", well...then it went right over your head.

Sure, it went right over my head. I dont engage in tit for tat nor am I interested in regulating your reciprocal altruism.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom