Why bother with the GOP if this is all it has to offer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Trans genders have a mental illness, and were not allowed years ago to purchase a firearm because of the mental illness, and their aggressive behavior.
    Many shooting were done by these mentality unstable people just recently the school in Tennessee.
    A rhetorical question. How long before one or more starts shooting their fellow officers?

If it hasn't already been done.

So, red flag all trans? Or what's the take away here?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Eff off from work to play in the road sounds like something a cyclist would do, so it's a believable scenario. I feel like I should have info on what time two trains left various stations before finishing the word problem, though.
    The first one was going to leave at 5, but got blocked by 25 cyclists. The second one just plowed through 5 of them who tried to beat the crossing.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So, red flag all trans? Or what's the take away here?
    My point is at one time they were considered mentally ill upto 2012, and not allowed to own a firearm.
    Now they call it gender dysphoria and give the same meaning, but say it isn't mental illness. I think the APA needs evaluation.

If a person is mentally ill should they own or be around firearms?

We have debated this often here, and the usual answer is no they should not.

Just to give you a sample of the modern APA.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I don't like people who cheat on their spouses, it shows a lack of integrity, but does it impact integrity on the job? That's what I need to know.
    Some people think it might. Guess it depends on the job.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Some people think it might. Guess it depends on the job.

I know from friends with a clearance, even a bumpy relationship can end up in review of your clearance.

I don't know if I'd use that as a measuring stick for other things though, as a ton of things can complicate that.
    You won't find many avowed communists with a clearance.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    My point is at one time they were considered mentally ill upto 2012, and not allowed to own a firearm.
    Now they call it gender dysphoria and give the same meaning, but say it isn't mental illness. I think the APA needs evaluation.

And here is the crux of the issue: who "evaluates" the APA? Our system gives absolute power to "knowledge forming bodies" to determine what's a duck, within the boundaries of their field of knowledge. Then, the rest of society, including the courts, honors that dog's point.

We don't give the American Petroleum Institute absolute intellectual say over how much fossil fuel should be produced and burned. But somehow, when "science" is at stake, one organization with a board of directors, who are all equally, economically interested in the organization's positions, can set policy, and all it takes is an Executive Branch Agency or a western U.S. state or two to issue a regulation or pass a law based on that particular organization's framing of the issue, and bam! You have a sanctioned orthodoxy with regard to a particular issue, which takes literally decades of adverse court decisions to come anywhere close to modifying.

Now do Fauci and a pandemic. Or _____ and _____. INGO is fond of saying our society isn't a democracy. This is us getting hoisted on our petard.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I looked it up it was in 2012 that they are no longer considered to have a mental illness.
    Thus they can legally buy firearms, and even be law enforcement nowadays.
    Simply having and/or being diagnosed with a mental illness does not prohibit someone from owning firearms or even getting a LTCH.

Trans genders have a mental illness, and were not allowed years ago to purchase a firearm because of the mental illness, and their aggressive behavior.
    Many shooting were done by these mentality unstable people just recently the school in Tennessee.
    A rhetorical question. How long before one or more starts shooting their fellow officers?

If it hasn't already been done.
    I'm going to need cites for this.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

If you go questioning the APA and its history with delisting serious mental health issues for societal reasons, you're not going to like the conclusions you'll be forced to confront.

Hint: You'll get called anti-semitic.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Dude! I'm Midwestern nice! Blame my grandma. :):
    The Midwest is nice and kind.
    The East Coast is kind but not nice.
    The West Coast is nice but not kind.

EC Man will help you change a tire but call you an ******* idiot for getting a flat.

WC Man will express his condolences that you have a flat tire but do nothing to help change tires.

Midwest Man will express his condolences and help change tires.

From the Clinton Administration to the Obama Administration, the GOP fell for people that were nice, but not kind.

Trump broke that mold. DeSantis is in the same vein (Vivek as well, but he's more personable than DeSantis while throwing bigger fireballs).

The RNC has no use for DeSantis, only that he is not Trump so they cast their lots on him. Like the man or not, like the politician or not, his blueprint for winning a purple state should be xerox'd.

Their support will shift to Haley, especially, after the endorsement by Kim Reynolds didn't move DeSantis' needle in Iowa. DeSantis' biggest weakness is that he doesn't connect with the audience. He can regale an audience with policy, execution and administration. Trump has solid policies, and for the most part, administered them well, but he'll stand in front of tens of thousands and say, "They're not coming after me. They're really coming after you." And the victim mentality of some in the audience takes over...not all, but some.

Last edited:

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Back to the topic, why bother with the GOP? It’s an existing organization with an existing structure that is already positioned to be against Democrats. It’s the people running it who are the problem. Displacing them would be a shorter path than letting the GOP die and have something else rise up in its place. But beware of wolves in Populist clothing.
    The GOP is basically doomed. If we could displace the chamber-o-commerce neocons whatever is left of the party would argue about how Christian the new GOP should be.
    Unlike Democrats, where the DNC/party elites are moving progressive just as fast as the base, the RNC/party elites are becoming more Democrat lite, while the base is staying with traditional cultural values.

(I believe) The average GOP voter knows this, but is trying to stop the slide and they know that there is no other viable option in terms of political party.

The money has become more progressive as well. Hence, the party shifts. Is there traditional money out there? I don't know. The Kochs have shown their true colors. Sheldon Adelson is dead. Wall St. took a sharp left turn. Larry Ellison and Peter Thiel don't pass some purity tests.

It's the damned purity tests that kill chances of winning. Gay "marriage" and people's past are the two pieces creating a chasm between the Evangelical base and winning. Unless someone dies with a picture of Reagan on their chest they aren't good enough. If the right candidate was gay they "can't be Christians."

Far too many GOP voters can't get over the fact that what takes place in someone's love life isn't anyone's business. It took a 2008 conversation with a gay man, who was incredibly conservative, for me (an Evangelical conservatarian) to understand.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    I will say this, the genius of our Founding Fathers was not the Constitution or Bill of Rights.

Many Totalitarian states have the same thing. Some have better rights enshrined in their documents.

Their genius was in the separation of powers.

From my Bible reading this morning:

Isaiah 33:22 For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.

Our Founding Fathers created our 3 branches of the government from this principle.

We have 2 legislative bodies. That both have to agree to get laws passed.

Other nations might have two houses, but in most cases one house doesn’t do much to affect policy.

With have a separate branch for the Executive.

In most “democracies,” the executive is a shill for the party in power. Dont tow the party line, here comes a no confidence vote and you get the boot. Then they install a “yes man.”

Then we have, or are supposed to have, an independent judiciary.

We complain about how the Republicans are divided and the democrats always walk in lock step.

But that’s not supposed to be the way things happen.

There should be disagreement from different branches of the government, even from those in the same party.

That’s not a glitch in our system, it’s a feature. A benefit.

What we see now, with the Liberal Executive, Legislature, and Lawfaring Judiciary is anathema to what our Founding Fathers attempted to create.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Violently eject the religious fundamentalists I am sick of the GOP being ran like the party of Christianity. Drop the idiotic stance on abortion that does nothing but tear away swing votes. Drop the idiotic stance on Marijuana legalization and run on a platform of fiscal responsibility to tame the out of control inflation and bring the economy back under heel.

The GOP would actually WIN for the first time in almost 20 years, because this party needs the outdated electoral college system to even have a chance as the GOP has not won the popular vote since GW.... It's ****ing embarrassing is what it is, the party might as well be ran from the nursing home it's views are so outdated.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Violently eject the religious fundamentalists I am sick of the GOP being ran like the party of Christianity. Drop the idiotic stance on abortion that does nothing but tear away swing votes. Drop the idiotic stance on Marijuana legalization and run on a platform of fiscal responsibility to tame the out of control inflation and bring the economy back under heel.

The GOP would actually WIN for the first time in almost 20 years, because this party needs the outdated electoral college system to even have a chance as the GOP has not won the popular vote since GW.... It's ****ing embarrassing is what it is, the party might as well be ran from the nursing home it's views are so outdated.
    Disagree with them/me/whomever all you'd like, it's a necessary and needed voting bloc.

As far as abortion, the "idiotic stance" puts it back on the states, and the people living within the state, to decide what they want. It's States Rights. If that message cannot be conveyed then there is a problem with messaging and/or comprehension of the message. Inability to deliver or understand a message does not make Federalism flawed.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If that message cannot be conveyed then there is a problem with messaging and/or comprehension of the message.
    Messaging will not fix this. The left took over education, most young have no idea the width and breadth of states rights, they were taught government has two teats to suck on, the big one and the little one…

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Disagree with them/me/whomever all you'd like, it's a necessary and needed voting bloc.

As far as abortion, the "idiotic stance" puts it back on the states, and the people living within the state, to decide what they want. It's States Rights. If that message cannot be conveyed then there is a problem with messaging and/or comprehension of the message. Inability to deliver or understand a message does not make Federalism flawed.

Almost every state where it has actually been let up to the voters it has been legalized. I don't need religious fundies to win elections I need middle America. As long as the GOP candidate waves a Bible around a bit the religious will vote for him, they are not hard to pander to. Abortion is a 100% loosing fight that's all there is to it. Plus is the GOP not supposed to be the one for maximum personal freedom?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    (I believe) The average GOP voter knows this, but is trying to stop the slide and they know that there is no other viable option in terms of political party.
    I believe the average GOP voter is whistling past the graveyard as hard as they can. They know we are already ensconced in communism light and they are familiar with the adage that you can vote your way into communism but have to use a different method to extricate yourself. They just don't want to face the consequences of holding those beliefs, thus cognitive dissonance, and a substantial fraction of the GOP in congress is primarily devoted to maintaining their own sinecure rather than trying to fix anything

Normalcy bias will be the death of us

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Almost every state where it has actually been let up to the voters it has been legalized. I don't need religious fundies to win elections I need middle America. As long as the GOP candidate waves a Bible around a bit the religious will vote for him, they are not hard to pander to. Abortion is a 100% loosing fight that's all there is to it. Plus is the GOP not supposed to be the one for maximum personal freedom?
    The GOP should be for maximum personal freedom.

If letting the states decide leads to legalization, and you don't want it illegal because you believe it to be a losing issue, which is shaping up to be the case because bans do not work, then you should be a champion of letting the states decide. And now, the states have the opportunity to decide. Why is that so idiotic?

Top Bottom