• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I keep seeing posts about fellow Ingo'ers who can't participate in certain activities / events because the events or parts of them are on Facebook. Why are some people so afraid of Facebook?

It seems like it is mostly men that run scared when you say the word Facebook. Mentioning Facebook seems to be worse than inviting someone to a religious revival. Why is that?

Note to the ladies; if you are trying to scare off unwanted advances from certain men, you can now try inviting them to be your FB friend. For the right few FB is as scary of a word as marriage. :)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Every few weeks, Facebook goes out of their way to show more people things that they weren't meant to see. They keep changing their security settings and hiding controls. They want all of your friends and any strangers that see your page to see everything you've posted. It's bad enough that they're handing over a detailed dossier of all of your activities, personal connections, addresses, phone numbers, etc. to any government agency that asks for them (warrant or not), but it's even worse to hand all of that information to any random stranger who stumbles upon it.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Facebook... I got it, and its ok I guesas. That twitter thing, now thats another topic. Thats for people that are begging to get a stalker. I mean seriuously, you are putting it all out there, everything you do, and everywhere you are, just for people to read or whatever. Seems kinda sketchy to me. What the hell do I know though??

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    For many, it's a matter of maintaining a small cyber footprint. I have a Facebook account but do very little on it...only what I don't mind the whole world, and I mean the whole world, knowing about.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Facebook... I got it, and its ok I guesas. That twitter thing, now thats another topic. Thats for people that are begging to get a stalker. I mean seriuously, you are putting it all out there, everything you do, and everywhere you are, just for people to read or whatever. Seems kinda sketchy to me. What the hell do I know though??
    Not a Twitter user, myself, but it shows a lot less info than Facebook. It only shows what you type. Your profile is only what you put up. It's a lot more "private" than Facebook. Facebook is OK, too. If you use your privacy settings correctly and post only what you're comfortable posting.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    People need to learn you don't have to post everything. I don't post my personal business on fb unlike some of my friends. Like the insecure prescription drug addicted anorexic that post pictures of herself with too much makeup and laments not being able to find a man and who has fits of rage at the drop of a hat at other women.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    I wouldn't mind a stalker if she was hot and loved guns and liked to give me dessert... :-D but i can only seem to attract ugly ones that like to dance on bar tops :-D

I personally don't fear Facebook.. too much!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Facebook is OK, too. If you use your privacy settings correctly and post only what you're comfortable posting.

People need to learn you don't have to post everything. I don't post my personal business on fb unlike some of my friends.

People are, generally, afraid of what they're ignorant of.

Facebook won't "know" anything that you don't tell "it". Period.

-J-

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    People are, generally, afraid of what they're ignorant of.

Facebook won't "know" anything that you don't tell "it". Period.

-J-

The problem is that Facebook makes it amazingly easy to tell it everything. And then it will tell that information to everyone you know, often whether you want it to or not.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I avoided FB until this year...Honestly I was tired of my out-of-town friends hounding me about it.

I don't post anything personal or incriminating (I don't do illegal stuff, so why would I lie about doing it?) and have my privacy setting set to only "friends (not that it matters."

I usually just post funny pictures and keep up with old friends I've lost contact with over the years.

You will never see me post a status update about hitting the gym, why girls are poopy or the delicious reece's cup I just had. I've lost track of how many people I've blocked that post nothing but their life. Newsflash: We. Don't. Give. A. ****.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Data mining , :shady: "they" doos it .

I may be a little nuts but I'm not a criminal , I've been vetted by local and federal police and have nothing to hide . However , I've little to share .

I'm also not narcissistic enough to think anybody really gives a flying **** what I'm doing every minute of the day .

I have real friends that I can call or go see . Who-n-tha hell has 200 "friends" anyway ?

I can barely stand the people I know , let alone wanna be a facebook friend .

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It seems like it is mostly men that run scared when you say the word Facebook. Mentioning Facebook seems to be worse than inviting someone to a religious revival. Why is that?

Facebook reminds me of an inconsiderate loudmouth on a cell phone in a public setting blabbing out details and information I really don't care about or want to hear.

If I have something to say to someone, I'll call them, send an e-mail or maybe even post on a forum. If it is important enough to express, then do it in a more personal or confidential manner.

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    I do Facebook as a way to see what my kids are up to. Sad to say but social media is the communication device of today's young people. I rarely post anything myself.

Top Bottom